Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Configure % of particular type of mobs?

We have our aggressive mobs set at 75%, which is where we like it.  However, we recently started spawning Sol demons, which create so much destruction that we don't want any of them. I port around and destroy them, but when I check an hour later, there are another 14 spawned. If I don't check often enough, we end up with many more -- max 84 of them at once, so far.

Is there a way to configure my settings so that we don't get these at all?  Or so that the percentage is extremely low, at least?  We have Epic settings, and are on a hosted server.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Edited by Batta

There is not.

on the first ever PvP Adventure server i played on, it was Eagles Spitits that was the BANE of the server.

at the time there was nothing that could be done too limited there spawn, m]ost likely its hardcoded into the pvp/epic server settings, and there still no way, unless there is a mod that does.

23 hours ago, Batta said:

We have our aggressive mobs set at 75%, which is where we like it.  However, we recently started spawning Sol demons, which create so much destruction that we don't want any of them. I port around and destroy them, but when I check an hour later, there are another 14 spawned. If I don't check often enough, we end up with many more -- max 84 of them at once, so far.

Is there a way to configure my settings so that we don't get these at all?  Or so that the percentage is extremely low, at least?  We have Epic settings, and are on a hosted server.

Thanks for any help or advice!

Just out of curiosity...are you spawn them through Lairs?

Not through lairs. And we are a PVE only server.  They are a horrible addition to our server, after almost a year of play with the exact same settings and not one single Sol demon.  Now we have these bullies coming in and killing our horses, merchants, traders, and other NPCs. When the traders get killed, they drop their loot for anyone to just pick up -- magical chests, rods of transmutation, the whole works.

I would be so grateful to anyone who could mod these out of existence!

Turn off epic settings? Do a creature wipe in db? I could be wrong but Sol demons spawn from epic settings not pve vs PVP

12 hours ago, Brew said:

Turn off epic settings? Do a creature wipe in db? I could be wrong but Sol demons spawn from epic settings not pve vs PVP

What I was looking for was a way to configure the % of sol demons that spawn. But thanks anyway!  :-)

I have not dug through the epic code yet, wish I could help you. But if you want to modify it yourself you are going to have to look at the epic code, the creature template for Sol Demons has no tile spawns so dont waste your time on that code. It will likely be easiest to just disable sol demon spawning with epic vice setting a number cap on it, but that is just a guess without digging through the code right now.

3 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

I have not dug through the epic code yet, wish I could help you. But if you want to modify it yourself you are going to have to look at the epic code, the creature template for Sol Demons has no tile spawns so dont waste your time on that code. It will likely be easiest to just disable sol demon spawning with epic vice setting a number cap on it, but that is just a guess without digging through the code right now.

This sounds like it might be what I am looking for. How would I do that?