Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

one tapestry stand multiple designs

in the graphics pack I have here, there are several tapestry designs, I know I can assign a wood type for each one. but there is too many designs and not enough wood types to cover them all., so here is my question

is there a way to have several different designs like the tapestry's in the vanilla game, without having to assign a wood type to each.

as in

model.decoration.curtains.cedar     = Curtains/Curtains.dae?curtainMat.texture=Curtains_passion.dds

this is the only way I could get it work. this is in the mappings file. can someone suggest an easier method than this, that allows me to have a list of tapestries ingame instead of having to do it via wood material like above..

hope this makes some sense lol... not very good at explaining.

The mappings.txt is the only way to have different textures show up. The way the model for the tapestries are set up, you can not separate the wood from the cloth. It all has to be done through multiple textures of the same picture but with different wood types, and then entered into the mappings. If you also have my boat packs, you will see the many different textures that are needed to make different wood types from different sails. No easy way to do it unless you make it a multi/sub-object

Edited by Governor

I had the same issue.

What I did was map specific kingdom banners with the tapestry graphics. The item will say "kingdom banner" but will look like a tapestry.

Then you can make how many types you want.