Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

[Fixed] Fighting Range Bug ?!

Today i had 2 fights with hell hounds that were pretty weird. In both cases i lead them to tower guards which took over fighting and i drove a little away as usual to drop aggro. But instead of hitting the guards they kept hitting me, even 8+ tiles away! Not sure where the limit was but i had to drive away quite far. In the 2nd case i definitly know this was not lag based.

Asking in help channel whether this is a known bug showed that more people had similar problems also with other mobs such as trolls, so its not connected to hell hounds. Would be nice if people with similar experiences could add to this thread.

I'm one of the others Wyndolm spoke with and had the same situation 2 times.

I engaged a troll than ran to guards who properly were engaged and 'held' the troll up fighting it.  I then moved backward several tiles  (8-10+) and began to forage.  Even at that distance, the troll hit me and so I moved back farther.  Long story short, it ended up killing me with 3 guards engaged and holding it 10-12 tiles away.

Hellhound has also done this to me but was killed before I was dead.  Same situation and asked in Freedom and 'lag' was the most likely suspect at the time.  I have been having some bouts of lag occasionally but both times I was able to issue commands to do other things such as forage (I was on foraging runs with sm Cart at the time).

Just adding my report since we just discussed it.

Many thanks!

~Ictinike

Both events on Xanadu I reckon.

Personally I didn't notice any range problems, however I had a weird fight with a raging troll where I should have had good footing (from terrain, striking from above) visually, the manual fight window however stayed in bad footing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eobersig said:

Both events on Xanadu I reckon.

My two incidents were; yes.

Strange experience today on Chaos.

While travelling an hell hound found me and attacked me.

I asked help to tower guards that correctly engaged the fight, after sure that they were fighting I was going away, but after 10 tiles I realized that someone was attacking me.

Looked around nothing, looking in Combat tab it was the hell hound, so I moved far away 20+ tiles, but the hell hound continued to hit me, but it was a lot far away busy fighting with guards. How is that possibile?

Me engaged the fight with hell hound:

Spoiler

[21:00:41] You open yourself to an attack from mature hell hound.
[21:00:44] Mature hell hound tries to move into position to target your lower left parts.
[21:00:45] Mature hell hound targets your lower left parts.
[21:00:59] You try to cut mature hell hound.
[21:01:03] You try to cut mature hell hound.
[21:01:05] Mature hell hound tries to move into position to target your lower right parts.
[21:01:07] Mature hell hound targets your lower right parts.
[21:01:16] You try to cut mature hell hound.
[21:01:18] Mature hell hound tries to move into position to target your right parts.
[21:01:20] Mature hell hound targets your right parts.
[21:01:20] You pierce mature hell hound extremely hard in the calf of the left foreleg and harm it.
[21:01:21] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the right underarm and hurts it.
[21:01:24] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound pretty hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[21:01:25] You miss with the longsword.
[21:01:25] Mature hell hound tries to move into position to target your lower left parts.
[21:01:27] Mature hell hound targets your lower left parts.
[21:01:30] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[21:01:33] Mature hell hound claws Jenn Kellon tower guard very hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[21:01:36] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the chest and hurts it.
[21:01:36] Mature hell hound claws Jenn Kellon tower guard very hard in the left underarm and hurts it.
[21:01:38] You try to cut mature hell hound.
[21:01:39] Mature hell hound tries to move into position to target your upper left parts.
[21:01:41] Mature hell hound targets your upper left parts.
[21:01:41] Mature hell hound moves in to attack you.
[21:01:42] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.
[21:01:42] You miss with the longsword.
[21:01:45] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the thigh of the left hindleg and irritates it.
[21:01:45] The attack to the left hand glances off your armour.
[21:01:49] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the thigh of the left hindleg and hurts it.
[21:01:49] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the thigh of the left foreleg and hurts it.
[21:01:49] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the chest and irritates it.
[21:01:50] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the stomach and irritates it.
[21:01:52] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:01:54] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the left shoulder and hurts it.
[21:01:55] The attack to the right underarm glances off your armour.
[21:01:59] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:02:00] Jenn Kellon tower guard hits mature hell hound hard in the head and hurts it.

Then I moved away:

Spoiler

[21:02:02] The attack to the chest glances off your armour.
[21:02:06] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.
[21:02:09] Mature hell hound bites you extremely hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:02:09] The attack to the right thigh glances off your armour.
[21:02:09] The attack to the left hand glances off your armour.
[21:02:12] The attack to the right thigh glances off your armour.
[21:02:16] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:02:19] The attack to the chest glances off your armour.
[21:02:22] The attack to the stomach glances off your armour.
[21:02:26] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the left thigh and hurts it.
[21:02:29] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the right hand and hurts it.
[21:02:29] The attack to the stomach glances off your armour.
[21:02:33] The attack to the right underarm glances off your armour.
[21:02:34] Mature hell hound bites you very hard in the left underarm and hurts it.
[21:02:36] The attack to the left underarm glances off your armour.
[21:02:46] The attack to the stomach glances off your armour.
[21:02:49] Mature hell hound bites you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:02:49] Mature hell hound claws you hard in the right thigh and irritates it.
[21:02:53] Mature hell hound claws you very hard in the right thigh and hurts it.
[21:02:56] You barely evade the blow to the stomach.
[21:03:00] The attack to the chest glances off your armour.
[21:03:03] The attack to the left thigh glances off your armour.
[21:03:08] Mature hell hound suddenly goes into a frenzy.
[21:03:09] Mature hell hound bites you very hard in the stomach and hurts it.
[21:03:10] The attack to the left thigh glances off your armour.

I understand that Hell Hound has a big range, but that way look strange.