Sign in to follow this  
Delvani

What Server Should I Play On?

Hello everyone. Just wanted to get some feedback, what server should I play on? It's been several years since I've set foot in Wurm servers and as such I'm not up-to-date on the current state of the game and all it's servers. I've read a lot lately that PvP is "dying" or in a weird state right now. Also heard about some gigantic scandal which resulted in the loss of an entire town and a lot of money. I'm not interested in drama so perhaps I'll just stay away from PvP servers. As far as PvE goes are there any faster skill gain servers then just the normal rates? Last I recalled it would take months, or even years to acquire decent skill levels depending on the skill in question.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Oh and for some reason my password wont work. Every time I log into launcher and it loads tells me I need to reconnect and this wont stop.

For PvE, I reccomend Xanadu. It's got plenty of room if you want to start your own place and lot's of great existing settlements.

Depends if you are looking for population or hermit style game play.  Each server has a different personality to it.  If any thing, the only server I would recommend you steer clear of is Xanadu.  It is the largest server by far.  So much so that is pushes the boundaries of the game engine.  It has a serious lag issue that even the devs say can't be fixed due to its size alone.  Also its size lends to the fact that you may never see some one else in your local unless you hang around the starter towns.  If you are looking to be a hermit, there are some of the smaller servers that near dead any ways you could head for.  I don't have a deed on Independence but that is a good server for friendliness and balance of players around.

40 minutes ago, Theonis said:

Depends if you are looking for population or hermit style game play.  Each server has a different personality to it.  If any thing, the only server I would recommend you steer clear of is Xanadu.  It is the largest server by far.  So much so that is pushes the boundaries of the game engine.  It has a serious lag issue that even the devs say can't be fixed due to its size alone.  Also its size lends to the fact that you may never see some one else in your local unless you hang around the starter towns.  If you are looking to be a hermit, there are some of the smaller servers that near dead any ways you could head for.  I don't have a deed on Independence but that is a good server for friendliness and balance of players around.

Is independence vanilla exp rates?

9 minutes ago, Delvani said:

All the servers except the epic islands are.

1 minute ago, Delvani said:

All servers are vanilla xp except for Epic.... but you really don't want to bother with that abortion of a cluster. Granted, you'll probably have quite a few telling you to head there because a few changes have just been made over there, and because of that, there is currently a decent sized population. But it's just flavor of the month stuff, though, and will be dead again in 6 months.

I would recommend Wurm Unlimited if you're really adamant against xp rates. There are plenty of private servers that offer much faster skilling than Wurm Online. @ausimushas a really fun server that's modded out, has super fast gains, and perfect for even the most casual player.

As a newbie on Elevation, I'd recommend you give it a shot.

Even if you don't want to PvP.

There's lots of room to explore and land to claim.  Whatever you do makes a bigger difference since there are so few people playing, but it's not completely deserted.  There are groups to be found if you want to be social.

Sure, you'll probably be killed every so often, but so what?  Every time I've been murdered it's been a rather polite affair.  I've had my rare hatchet taken but nobody bothered trashing the rest of my stuff, and then they moved on.  Put in the time to make some defenses and nobody's going to bother you unless you've made a point of pissing them off.

I just find the whole PvP attitude much more polite.  Nobody wants to make unnecessary enemies because they have to live there, whereas on PvE you can be as big of a jerk as you'd like as long as you don't break the rules.