Sign in to follow this  
thunderclown

Hitching post

I thought to ask to be able to hitch an animal to a tree with a rope, and that may be great, but would have an effect on how trees are used in the game.

So how about a hitching post - it would be a post or rail that you could tie your animals to?

Why this matters to me is that I have a new deed, I'm collecting animals from the area but I am not ready to fence them in - the land isn't ready.  IRL, I'd just tie em up to something solid.  In wurm, I have to deforest an area, and create a paddock.

• Like 3

+1 

But would like it to be an Actual hitching post and to make it reasonable, have it be blessed by a Fo priest.

+1

And while the animal is hitched to the post it uses your rope, so you can't just reuse it constantly, after all it is 'tied' to the post.

Perhaps the hitching post needs to have a certain QL to be used as do boats/carts, after all an animal could break away if you hitched it to something weak.

• Like 1

+1 if you can remove it later without having to bash it. and if people can remove them if no horse is attached off deed.

do not see why this would require a priest. the hole point is a temp solution to hitch an animal.-1 to the priest addition mentioned

Edited by elroth
  • Like 3

+1 I can remember this seeing this suggestion for as long as there have been horses.

+1, but i'd rather you could just hitch your animal to a tree.

+1, please consider such item to be included... This is a feature that is highly requested, by old, new and in between players :)