Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 3/NOV/17

• Skillgain on epic has been boosted
    • Creation action skillgain has been reduced (excepting skills that only use creation actions)
    • Characteristics gains have been increased
    • Timer length will now play a part in tick size, instead of every action counting as a 10 second action
  • Fragments should no longer create ghost items when identified inside containers
  • Fixed an error causing crashes on mission generation
  • Fixed an issue with first time premium purchase
  • Emotes and double click examine should now work with an item activated
  • Mine doors should now display the correct orientation from inside and animate properly.
    • Creatures should avoid fences properly, and if too near a fence move away
  • Ten hours sleep bonus has been added to all accounts in compensation for the multiple downtimes.
  • Like 3

Seems like the big multi update makes for more downtime then normal i think the smaller updates worked out better. 

I don't know, I already had 7 hours SB on Evalla, seems hardly worth it with all this down time, I cant see me getting 5 hours SB. :/

Current state of the game for EPIC:

Meditation was in fact fixed. Its better than before. I like it. I hope this stays.

The shield gains were insanely over powered at first, but this seems to have improved toward an acceptable level.

Channeling is still awful. I'm still losing 45% of skill gain than before the update ever started.

Smithing is even worse with this hotfix. I'm gaining roughly 35% less skill than before the hotfix.

Giving people sleep bonus who are logged out because they can't do anything is pointless since they are logged out and gaining sleep bonus. Premium time is what you are costing us.

Rollback the skill gain and then do some testing.

And then we can move on to the issues with your pseudo-transfer. It should be one way, for both ways. One transfer, one time, one way. Not one sided for freedomers. You aren't promoting equality between the servers.

Edited by Trollslayer
Wrong percentages

1 hour ago, Trollslayer said:

Premium time is what you are costing us.

I agree, I'm currently at a sermon group and cant sermon cos not every is on anymore. We agreed to be logged on 24/7 so we can all sermon even when others are afk. I only preached 3 times in past 3 days, and non of which are today because not everyone is at their desk to log back in. So 3 days have been a complete waste for 2 of my priests.

1 hour ago, Trollslayer said:

Channeling is still awful. I'm still losing 45% of skill gain than before the update ever started.

Smithing is even worse with this hotfix. I'm gaining roughly 35% less skill than before the hotfix.

Are you talking tick size or over time?

Tick size for individual ticks will be smaller, but for channelling, every successful cast will give a tick

Timer also influences tick size, so woa means smaller ticks per action too

Great work with the fast creature fix for animals who was halfway through fences.

• Like 1

I for one think the team is doing just fine with these updates and bug fixes. Sometimes things don't quite go to plan and that's OK, it's just how life works. 

Thank you for the sleep bonus, much appreciated. 

• Like 4

No more hellhorse head trophies on my walls - the creatures seems to stay inside the pens so far, thanks for the fix!

Thank you for the generous sleep bonus! (Needless to say my usual luck was that it caught me on Epic where I had already 10h unlike the empty bar on Freedom :D ) 

EDIT: just realized 10h is awarded on both clusters. THANK YOU!

Edited by Jaz

Just now, Jaz said:

No more hellhorse head trophies on my walls - the creatures seems to stay inside the pens so far, thanks for the fix!

Thank you for the generous sleep bonus! (Needless to say my usual luck was that it caught me on Epic where I had already 10h unlike the empty bar on Freedom :D ) 

lol so zip on freedom?

8)

gonna test this out, hopefully it feels correct and matches what a 2x should be. 

Thanks for patch over weekend devs, ty for sleep bonus too

Edited by Mclavin

I appreciate all the work the Wurm team has put into this weekend. Working in IT, I know how a major update is, simply put, a P.I.T.A., yet you all keep pushing forward, despite all the bitching and whining. 

My hats off to you.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trollslayer said:

And then we can move on to the issues with your pseudo-transfer. It should be one way, for both ways. One transfer, one time, one way. Not one sided for freedomers. You aren't promoting equality between the servers.

Give up that ###### 3x skillgain you're getting for no reason and then we can talk about "promoting equality."

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:41 AM, Retrograde said:

Are you talking tick size or over time?

Tick size for individual ticks will be smaller, but for channelling, every successful cast will give a tick

Timer also influences tick size, so woa means smaller ticks per action too

All good on this. It has been taken care of and is understood. Thank you for giving us information that we can work with to better understand the specifics of the changes.

The characteristic gains are still a huge mess. They desperately need an increase and I am sure this will be addressed more in due time.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, Delacroix said:

Give up that ###### 3x skillgain you're getting for no reason and then we can talk about "promoting equality."

I am currently trapped on a server that will not let me gain characteristics at a reasonable rate. I cannot transfer my character to the server in which I can gain those characteristic in order to help catch up to the current levels of body stats by the freedomers who have transferred over. My premium time is wasting away for this. I want the transfers to be one way, one time, for both servers. That is equality when you treat everything equally, or at least as much as it can be in this situation. This way, everyone on freedom would have the ability to play with their current characters and epic can play on freedom with their current ones. This opens up everyone to play everywhere, but still maintains the separate skill systems and the separation of server clusters. A one time copy is fair to everyone so we don't have a large number of people only coming to have a joyful weekend of raiding home servers on Epic only to go back to the safety of their PvE only servers. This also prevents people from grinding on Epic and copying over their increased skill set to Freedom. 

One for one. Eye for an eye. Freedom to epic - > One time. Epic to freedom -> One time.

~Enjoy your Wurm today and see you tomorrow.~

20 hours ago, Trollslayer said:

I am currently trapped on a server that will not let me gain characteristics at a reasonable rate. I cannot transfer my character to the server in which I can gain those characteristic in order to help catch up to the current levels of body stats by the freedomers who have transferred over. My premium time is wasting away for this. I want the transfers to be one way, one time, for both servers. That is equality when you treat everything equally, or at least as much as it can be in this situation. This way, everyone on freedom would have the ability to play with their current characters and epic can play on freedom with their current ones. This opens up everyone to play everywhere, but still maintains the separate skill systems and the separation of server clusters. A one time copy is fair to everyone so we don't have a large number of people only coming to have a joyful weekend of raiding home servers on Epic only to go back to the safety of their PvE only servers. This also prevents people from grinding on Epic and copying over their increased skill set to Freedom. 

One for one. Eye for an eye. Freedom to epic - > One time. Epic to freedom -> One time.

~Enjoy your Wurm today and see you tomorrow.~

So you want less people to play on epic and reinforce the problem of a split cluster rather than merging the epic players into freedom and letting people play on both clusters with 1 character. Rather than being upset that your account is now much lower on the pecking order how about you be happy that more people will play.

It's still an big issue people on Epic cannot grind skills. It's kind of a big important part of the game. We have terrible skillgain. No body stat gains. And 10 hours of sleep bonus we can't use. An update on a fix to this would be nice. More players is always nice but we feel a bit left out here, that's why people are a bit bitter on epic. 

On 2017-11-06 at 4:42 PM, elentari said:

It's still an big issue people on Epic cannot grind skills. It's kind of a big important part of the game. We have terrible skillgain. No body stat gains. And 10 hours of sleep bonus we can't use. An update on a fix to this would be nice. More players is always nice but we feel a bit left out here, that's why people are a bit bitter on epic. 

Body stats seems fine after a quick digging session tbh. Havent tried mining or woodcutting but things seems to have improved from what other people described was happening after the update, didnt try the gains myself though. 

Sign in to follow this