Sign in to follow this  
thorgot

New mission sleep bonus reward for killing creatures multiplies by the wrong number of minutes

We completed a mission just now for killing 13 bulls with a total of 60 minutes of SB, max of 30 per person. Someone in my village killed 7 bulls, but when the mission completed he had 15 more minutes of SB than when he started instead of 30. The only way this math makes sense is if it took 7/13 and multiplied it by 30 instead of 60.

[18:35:07] You have 41 minutes left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.

*mission completes*

[18:35:11] You have 56 minutes left of your sleep bonus, which is frozen.

Started: 11/3/17 10:21 AM

Completed: 11/3/17 10:35 AM

Difficulty: 2 / 7

Description: Magranon wants you to slay 13 Bulls that have appeared across the land.

Rewards: 76 karma split between attackers per creature killed and 60m total sleep bonus split between all participants (30m each maximum) upon completion.

• Like 1

This entire change was not only a terrible idea, but poorly implemented on top of that; it needs to be reverted.

sleep bonus part you don't get more for doing more of the mission, there was 4 people that did part of the mission and they all got 15 minutes. its just karma that you get more. I sacc'd 2 valrei items out of 4 for a mission and got 20m sb out of the 60m total before.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

sleep bonus part you don't get more for doing more of the mission, there was 4 people that did part of the mission and they all got 15 minutes. its just karma that you get more. I sacc'd 2 valrei items out of 4 for a mission and got 20m sb out of the 60m total before.

I think you're right, I just misread it. It doesn't make much sense this way if the point is to encourage people to complete as large a part of the mission as possible.

This sounds simply awful. Not just a serious reward nerf then but simply going against to pull someone into higher participation.

that's bad... even horrible, while being competitive and all can be (kinda) understood on pvp servers, missions used to be a fun and shared activity on freedom, people only doing a small part to allow others to benefit from it as well... I don't see any reasons now to do the same and that's just a shame.

I sac'd 1/4 of the mission items from the same mission as Oblivionreaver and got 20mins of SB as well. A lot of us enjoy the cooperative effort of missions instead of competitive, at least on PVE! 

32 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

I sac'd 1/4 of the mission items from the same mission as Oblivionreaver and got 20mins of SB as well. A lot of us enjoy the cooperative effort of missions instead of competitive, at least on PVE! 

Most people liked the cooperative part of missioning.. But couple of bad apples can simply ruin it all for those. If Yellowfinger has taught us anything, it is that. Took just one person to destroy all the community ROS casts. Now it seems the missions are going same way. The point is, IF players actions can increase their reward, they will do it. And now most effective way is simply to deny others to contribute to the mission - finish mission as fast as possible, so there are as few contributors as possible.

Other thing are the slaying missions, where you can't affect the outcome as it all pretty much depends on spawns, there probably many missions will simply be unfinished, just because there is no point in going out to do specifically the mission, to get few minutes of SB as reward.

Maybe it all works on PvP servers, but on PvE it is rubbish.

Name: Everyone: 's mysterious need
Creator: System
Started: 11/2/17 8:51 PM
Progress: 26.0%
Expires: 11/5/17 7:51 PM

Difficulty: 2 / 7
Description:  wants  4.0 of you to bring and give trade mouth bits to aged Avatar of . Aged Avatar of  was last seen near The Rubicon in the centerwest regions.
Rewards: 100 karma per participant and 20m total sleep bonus split between all participants (30m each maximum) upon completion.

I have alerted the Grammar Nazi.  He is in route to spank all staff involved in this terrible change with a wiener schnitzel.

Edited by Nomadikhan