Sign in to follow this  
Sila

ALL about wagoners

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wagoner

basicly you dont need to buy contact for 15s from trader... only if you runing bulk market.

you must made first wagoner container (only for sending goods) that is one time made and can always use it. can plant it only at your deed waystone or offdeed... cant even in perimeters or spawns. 

he is slower then your wagon with horses but you can do something else in this time. cost are minimal 1c per crate

sending items is simple you need to found waystone offdeed or waystone on your deed (must be citizen of deed) and active wagoner container in your inventory and plant it on waystone. then you put crates inside and send via closes wagoner (ideal or busy).  

as told  receiver must be online in order to appcept goods at any waystone he found and like to receive goods (must be part of same catseye network).

i m not sure jet who gets money out of delivery fees ,,, deed or your bank.

bigest and longest catseye network is right now on Xanadu  glasshollow-vrock-linton-newspring(newspring missing few tiles of highway and eyes to be conected) there is work in progress for lormere and greymead.

if you got more info about just write here

Edited by Sila

4 hours ago, Sila said:

basicly you dont need to buy contact for 15s from trader... only if you runing bulk market.

The Wurmpedia states:

To send a shipment, you need a Wagoner.

The alternative then would be to either purchase your own Wagoner or find one that is Publicly available to ship from. So to just *receive* shipments you would only need a Wagoner Container setup as the Wurmpedia describes. Then if they are Public they may have a queue of other orders, all of which must be delivered before yours was put into the queue. This is how I understand part of this system, which to me means that delivery of goods using Publicly available Wagoners is going to be pretty slow.

It does seem a pretty cool system though with the details that Wurmpedia describes.

While idle, the wagoner may be found sitting at his campfire or asleep on a straw bed in their tent.

I sort of doubt the Publicly available Wagoners will have much time to idle about their campsites though. No rest for the weary...

=Ayes=

darnit I wanted to become a wagoner that would be cool and hire out services.. oh well they gotta work out the kinks and get everyone connected at the moment.. but this is cool any waystoned connected deed can be a bulk merchant now at same price as mail I take it??

if you use public one is same speed as private one... becose you got list of all wagoners that are yours or public and see who works who dont...  right now all 4 on glasshollow-vrock-linton highway are free to go 

you can mail at every waystone that is offdeed or your deed via planted wagoner container

you can receive at any waystone you can found.

Edited by Sila

Another thing, you do not need to go to the wagoner to send a shipment, As long as the wagoner is on the same network as you and the recipient they will pick up the order and deliver it. The only drawback being public wagoners may be very busy, and could take longer to deliver than having your own private one 

the wagoner container is an item you can place anywhere, it does not have to be with the wagoner, when you organise a shipment, a wagoner will travel to the container, load the goods, and then take them to the delivery destination 

Okay here is the simple explanation for this.

You do not need to spend 15s on a way overpriced lawn ornament, spend that money on a hota statue, you get more bang for your buck as it will keep your meals warm.

Take a large nail and 2 beams and make yourself a wagoner crate, this you plant at the waystone of your deed, you have to be a member of said deed to do this, currently bugged.

Load your crates into this container at your waypost, set up your delivery and choose the public wagoner, see there is no reason to buy one when there is a free one everyone can use and why would anyone pick your wagoner over the public one, most likely you will never see any return on your investment.

If you get a message that you have a delivery you must go to the waypost you want your goods delivered to and click waypost and accept delivery. At this time the wagoner packs up camp and heads out to pick up the goods and deliver it these goods to the waypost you setup to receive them at.

Now I think a wagoneer could be made appealing for deed owners to invest in one if you could get upgrades over the public wagoneer, perhaps faster travel time, bigger loads, maybe better rate options? I know if my wagoneer was a few pennies cheaper it would get the job.

You need a wagoner Container to send a delivery, and a highway that connects between the wagoner camp(Starter deed or player setup) and your wagoner container.

To receive a delivery  all you need is a waystone on or off deed, if on deed you need load permissions, and a connection between your waystone that you accepted delivery at and the wagoner camp.

So a Wagoner is a "luxury" not a must have. When you chose to set up a delivery it list all Wagoners, how many tiles away there camp is and if they are currently on the job.

The usefulness of having your own personal wagoner is presumably that you don't have to wait for the public one to become available, and you don't have to wait for him to travel all the way to you from the nearest starter deed to make the pickup.  So probably only really useful if you send out a lot of bulk.

2 hours ago, Wonka said:

The usefulness of having your own personal wagoner is presumably that you don't have to wait for the public one to become available, and you don't have to wait for him to travel all the way to you from the nearest starter deed to make the pickup.  So probably only really useful if you send out a lot of bulk.

I doubt the public ones be that busy to be honest, so its not much of a waiting time, unless you are at the farthest possible distance from the starter town, then the travel time for the wagoner to get to your deed could be as much as an hour on the small servers.

Travel rate seems to be about ~40 minutes/1200 tiles.

Yesterday I shipped quite a few orders around, 1 crate at a time, the wagoner appeared to be slow as he went back to the starter town before beginning his next trip. He is not efficient at all, so I kept him tied up all day, lol.

There really needs to be an advantage for a private wagoner over a public one.