Dev team take both hands and grab your head... shake vigorously and rinse and repeat until unnecessary anymore.. please don't ruin our game.. I realize you are trying ot help but let us help you...we love the test server , try things out there not on us..

Well done! Spreading a known malfunctioning feature to all servers, you truly are a bunch of smart guys over there.

While I can understand that you felt the need to make changes to the animals movements, you could at least change the fences and walls so that animals recognize their visual boundaries? I couldn't find a hen today because she was in the middle of a wall. Seeing cows in the middle of wooden and stone fences is unnerving and breaks the realism of the game. Please fix this.

Re: creatures poking through fences/walls:

21 minutes ago, Budda said:

As for creatures poking through walls, yes I know it is an annoying thing and I've been working on it to try and sort it out. There were some changes with the update to try and address this, but clearly didn't work - so I'll continue to work on them until they don't like to shove their heads through solid stone. Expect more updates to address this soon. In the mean time know that they won't escape the pens at all, even if they look like they're well on their way.

• Like 1

I am still curious how long we can't skill on epic with current skillgain. Just an fyi on the next patch would be sufficient. 

30 minutes ago, Budda said:

Thats fine. We understand you need to sort bugs out and whatnot... Thats fine. Its understandable. You are all only human (Except @Keenan. He is clearly a computer algorithm.)

But... Why in Jackal did you need to release a broken mechanic to all servers? As far as I know, the road to success is not "man, the new creature pathing on Celebration is not working. Animals are sticking out through fences. Lets add it to the rest of the game."

Waaaaat? Wtf really? Clearly you dont fix a bug by making it broken everywhere else....? Dont say you're working to fix it! Roll the damn thing back and work on it before releasing it again!

Edited by Angelklaine

"Maybe if we make it broken everywhere they will think its always been like that and wont notice!"

:blink:

Well in WO I only noticed 1 of my horses parallel into a fence. Led 3 of them onto growing crop tiles after grooming. None ran away from me but I just left em alone after reading all these problems others are having.

Hopefully this animal movement "fix" will *never* be introduced into WU where myself and others have a lot more animals around. We don't really seem to have any problems with animal movements in WU anyway, or maybe just less complaints about it as it currently is. Please leave well enough alone there, thanks.

=Ayes=

Just widen the fence collision box to about 1/3 a tile around fences and walls for animals (going away when lead or ridden). Should keep them far enough back to not poke through things.

...and we still miss the color picking or whatever option in the new client which could help us to find dogs/hens/items in the walls...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Just widen the fence collision box to about 1/3 a tile around fences and walls for animals (going away when lead or ridden). Should keep them far enough back to not poke through things.

That and calm down the chickens.

I hope the stress will be down in a few days you could iron out most of the bugs. We may sound upset and such but thanks for the efforts of the dev team!

Anyway my slee powder stash will worth more and more in the coming days :P

• Like 1

The vast majority of players that are now on epic(from freedom.and those already there) told you we didn't want the ###### WU skilling system and were assured it wouldn't be creation based to gain skill.

NEWS FLASH...

It's exactly that. 

Skillgain on epic
with the change of the skilling system on epic many are reporting lower tick sizes. This is to be expected to a degree as tick frequency has increased, but we'll continue to look over it all and make tweaks as necessary.

Remember, smaller sizes are ok if they're more frequent, but we're not matching our total gains from 1 hour as we were before, so it's defo too slow.
Put it this way, the new system was suppose to clearly show you're leveling up faster, with the WU system 2x, but, it doesn't look/feel that way and there is 100% something wrong imo. 

It's like the shield training, you said the same thing "better to aim low and then adjust higher" but it was NEVER adjusted higher despite the constant logs and moaning from Many people. 
It's clear what epic is, just boost it up, let players level fast and pvp, thats all. Thats why the hype for epicv2 was generated.

• Like 6

I spent 4 hours digging dirt and gained .06 digging at 95.4 and .002637 body strength at 63.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Successfully completed missions will also provide boosts to deity stats. If a deity wins the scenario they will keep the boosted stats into the next scenario.

Why on earth would a snowballing valrei-victory mechanic be added?

Comeon devs, wtf?

Ya want those who lose to remain losers for the next one too instead of having equal oppurtunity?

Basicly for each victory a god becomes stronger and will be much more likely to win the battles in a scenario.

Thus increasing the chance to win yet again.

If a god wins 4+ times in a row it will destroy other gods.

Basic strategy games or mobas or anything really RESET after each "round" so its a fair chance to win again for both contestants.

It's like this for a reason in those games and not a stupid arbitary decision.

Think for a bit WHY its like that and you will quickly realise why this is a stupid change.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 5

This is just wrong in terms of how you can explain this mistake happening. We were told and I quote " epic skillgain will be faster" . It's not. From what I understand from people, it's slower than Freedom. Let that sink in a bit freedom guys. Slower gains than what you get.... Every other skill than creation skills like metallurgy are ....terrible? I'm lacking words tbh. I've bought 3 sleep powders already just to test skillgains for different skills and body stats. I'm getting barely any body stats, in the 0.0001 gains per minute while creation skills like locksmithing I can do to from 50-90 in probably  a day now. And this is not broken? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Budda said:

well they are getting diseased in the corners together

in the walls  they are not feeding them selves, seems like they are not on the tile with the grass 

1 hour ago, Zekezor said:

Why on earth would a snowballing valrei-victory mechanic be added?

Comeon devs, wtf?

Ya want those who lose to remain losers for the next one too instead of having equal oppurtunity?

Basicly for each victory a god becomes stronger and will be much more likely to win the battles in a scenario.

Thus increasing the chance to win yet again.

If a god wins 4+ times in a row it will destroy other gods.

Basic strategy games or mobas or anything really RESET after each "round" so its a fair chance to win again for both contestants.

It's like this for a reason in those games and not a stupid arbitary decision.

Think for a bit WHY its like that and you will quickly realise why this is a stupid change.

You're overestimating the bonus they get and throwing random numbers about - they won't snowball anywhere near this fast, if at all. I'll be monitoring how things go between scenarios and will tweak things if needed well before they get to that point.

Another hotfix will be out today with some changes for creature movement to get them out of walls.

• Like 2

So we have to brand the chickens and pigs now too, to avoid the fleeing/panic mechanic?  Why do we need a fleeing mechanic in the first place? 

When the game comes back up I will double check, but I'm pretty sure nearly every horse in my barns is branded and I know a large number of them are cared for.  Yet every single one of them except the ones with saddles is in the walls and fences.

Edited by Amadee

On 11/3/2017 at 10:23 AM, Retrograde said:

Added iron plate armour

Need more of this, more variety ples. Leather armor made of specific animals would be nice! Maybe some kind of plate armor made of scorpion pieces! all these things would be great imo keep up the good work!

On 04/11/2017 at 10:36 AM, Darmalus said:

would probably just lead to more disconnects/teleporting from people riding into them more :blink:

Why iron plate? Was this the solution to people complaining about the long haul of skills needs for steel plate success? 

I'm sure the answer is going to be, "it was broken for years..." 

Well, i'm pretty ticked off. Why? See my signature...

22 hours ago, jackjones said:

Why iron plate? Was this the solution to people complaining about the long haul of skills needs for steel plate success? 

I'm sure the answer is going to be, "it was broken for years..." 

Well, i'm pretty ticked off. Why? See my signature...

now you going to have to work at adding master plate armor smith to your sig