Sign in to follow this  
TheShawv

unable to launch application

Played Wurm fine yesterday befor the patch. No changes to my laptop but when I try to launch wurm today it downloads the app and the wurm splash box pops up then it just says unable to launch application. I deleted and reinstalled java, checked to make sure no other java apps were running int he backround. restarted the laptop a few times. I even deleted the shortcut and launched it from the website and get the same message. Any ideas?

It will not even start the patch process, that is befor the server/character screen.

com.sun.deploy.net.FailedDownloadException: Unable to load resource: (http://www.wurmonline.com/client/libraries-stable/WurmClient-small.jar?version-id=4.0.12&current-version-id=4.0.9, 4.0.12)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.actionDownload(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.net.DownloadEngine.downloadResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.cache.ResourceProviderImpl.getResource(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.javaws.LaunchDownload$DownloadTask.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

There was a DNS change.. I'm not the authority but tweaking my DNS settings ultimately got my game updating.

jack jones:  thx for the suggestion.  But I have changed the DNS settings many times, even using my 4G network, but still not able to get it running.  It seems that the application did not even leave my home network.

Same here so far no - go . my home computer works fine, this laptop with a hotspot connection will not even try to hook up and download the patch.

Very Frustrating.  I can play with my work place PC (window, old one).  But I cannot do anything with my home PC (Mac Pro, new one). 

Probably not the issue, but i noticed this in the update notes:

This update marks a major client change, which unfortunately means the legacy client will no longer connect.

Do you know for sure that your PC that will not connect,  is using the newest client and not the discontinued legacy client?

Yes,  pretty sure.  Downloaded many times the Stable version from wurmonline.com, and also many times via the low memory version.  

I think the client did try to connect wurmonline.com but received no response from the site.  This is as far as I can test.  (Without the internet connection, the error report was different.  So I deduced that the application does work until it tried to get signal from wurmonline.com)