Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

more wildlife

as in kangaroos.. or other types of wildlffe... problably not correct to the period the game is set in... but they make nice eating lol.. Australia Is one of the few countries that eats its own coat of arms lol.

Maybe when the diversity of current creatures are fixed, I would consider supporting the suggestion, but as it is right now I see plenty of sheep, cows and pigs in the wilderness, but haven't seen any deer or bison On the aggressive side spiders outnumber other creatures by 5 to 1, and I haven't seen any goblins.

No point in adding more creatures, that will be so rare that I have to go to a zoo to see them.

-1, adding stuff just because, is not a positive addition to the game.

Other than a new model, what do this new, nondescript creatures would bring to the game?

-1 until the creature ratio's and distribution is fixed we don't need new creatures types.

Once I go for a ride and don't see only non-agro animals around but a good balance between agro and non-agro creatures I will +1 this for sure.

TL;DR - Fix the creatures spawning issues first

+1 for more aggressive mobs at the first place. 

For example

Animals:

- Rhinos

- Elephants

- Bats

Beasts:

- Wyverns

- Griffins

- Ghouls

- Manticores

- Werewolves

Humanoids:

- Ogres

- Orcs

- Vampires

Human mobs (way to get human meat?):

- Bandits
- Wild men

- Fallen Knights

• Like 1

-1, Adding new creatures will have just as much benefit as adding new recipes. They will be used a few times and then people will get over it. New ways a creature will function would be better.

• Like 3

I would definitely like to see existing mob behavior made more natural and unique. For instance, I like the fact that when I go hunting now (post update), I get pounced on by multiple wolves. This feels right; wolves should wolfpack. :)

So, certain creatures should be loners, while others should swarm. That's one possible unique behavior pattern. Swarming creatures should include rats and wolves, maybe spiders (mostly weaker mobs). In contrast, apex predators would be more loners, maybe traveling in pairs.

- Perhaps wildcats and mountain lions could be stealth experts, such that they can't be seen at a distance, but pounce from the shadows.

- Deer could be stealthy in woods, but like to graze in fields, where they aren't stealthy.

- Crocs could be stealthy in water, lunging on unsuspecting prey on the shore.

- Anacondas could be stealthy in trees, dropping on unsuspecting prey (and we could really use jungle/rainforest trees to go with that. Mahogany, anyone?).

- The distribution of trolls feels much too uniform. Trolls are at least semi-sentient, and I feel like they should cluster more in active groups/tribes, maybe even having differing "jobs" (hunting/guarding/cooking/avenging).

- I don't know the story behind hellhounds, but seems like they would take control over ordinary wolfpacks. Perhaps they should be rarer, but accompanied by a pack of normal wolves. (And then you could have the very rare and dangerous hellhound pack.)

- Bison could react as a group if one is attacked.

It would also be cool if certain mobs changed the environment (like the existing packing of dirt). For instance, spiders could web trees/forests, and slow movement through them, making spider forests a more dangerous place to hunt. Maybe spider webs could catch non-aggressive mobs, like sheep, or even weaker aggressive creatures like wildcats, and we might come across webbed corpses. :)

- A new mob, beavers, could cut down trees next to water. :P

- Uttachas might corrode their environment, killing trees/bushes and changing tiles into dirt/desert if left in one place too long.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I like what Roccandil is on to here.  Animals should nest, mate, and hunt.  Trolls should possibly start small tribes.

1 hour ago, Tallios said:

I like what Roccandil is on to here.  Animals should nest, mate, and hunt.  Trolls should possibly start small tribes.

Considering that creature spawning and movement has been bugged for at least 5 years now,  I would be in a retirement home before those bugs may be fixed, and Mars will be colonized before Wurm gets advanced creature AI like Roccandil suggests.

• Like 1

Just now, Wulfgar said:

Considering that creature spawning and movement has been bugged for at least 5 years now,  I would be in a retirement home before those bugs may be fixed, and Mars will be colonized before Wurm gets advanced creature AI like Roccandil suggests.

I think the concept is still sound, advancement before "moar!"