Sign in to follow this  
Stardog765

Client Just Sitting There Saying Updating - RESOLVED Sort of

So what am I missing?  The client just says Updating graphics.jar 0%

Patch notes say try low mem client if having trouble and that one just errors out.

So whats going on Devs?

Edited by Stardog765

I've got the same issue as far as updating goes. I've tried everything from completely removing the game and java and reinstalling, to verifying/retrying the download, to pulling the install off of my laptop (which *did* successfully update) to restarting. None of it has fixed the problem.

And 5 devs sitting on Discord too so you would think they might want to help with problems.  Frustrating when its your day off and wanting to play.

Solved the issue, I think. Try moving your Wurm client (by itself) to a different folder, then running it.

6 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

You mean the shortcut for the game?

No, the actual file from the folder: wurmclient.jnlp

Bit more information, if it helps: have the game installed on my SSD in C:\Users\Delacroix\wurm. Copied it to a folder named 'wurm' on a second SSD and ran it. After doing so, I was greeted with the blue bar and "Update complete! (3 pack(s) up to date.) Presumably from copying the packs from my laptop earlier. Hopefully this step will cause it to actually update for you, as well.

Edited by Delacroix

Ah ok see I dont have a Wurm folder. When I ran the game for the first time I just downloaded the client file to my desktop and ran it, then  it downloads all the files it needs but I have never been able to find where it actually installs them. I just always run the client file from my desktop.  Always worked until today.

Ok I found where it installed but moving it didnt help.  Thanks though. Its like it cant connect to update.

Not running a software firewall like one person with this problem and not seeing two jplaunchers running like another one sooooooo.

Is there some port that is needed now that was not need yesterday?  Did something change? Do I need to open a port that was not required yesterday?

Devs,  you wrote this program so I assume you know how it works?

2 hours ago, Stardog765 said:

Not running a software firewall like one person with this problem and not seeing two jplaunchers running like another one sooooooo.

Is there some port that is needed now that was not need yesterday?  Did something change? Do I need to open a port that was not required yesterday?

Devs,  you wrote this program so I assume you know how it works?

Actually my own issue is still unresolved. worked for a little bit...but its right back to where it was now

Ya I had to connect through a VPN and it updated and connected immediately but without the VPN no dice.

One of the devs is on Discord trying to help now.

4 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

Ya I had to connect through a VPN and it updated and connected immediately but without the VPN no dice.

One of the devs is on Discord trying to help now.

kool. if you get it working without the VPN let me know how you did it

Will do for sure.  The best they can tell so far is its a dns issue but will post here if I get it fixed.

Just now, Stardog765 said:

Will do for sure.  The best they can tell so far is its a dns issue but will post here if I get it fixed.

sweet. what vpn you use? is it a free one or no?

Ya it works fine with VPN. I used Avira Free.

I picked Australia.

By the way I did not come up with this work around, some other nice forum goer had to do it and told me about.

Edited by Stardog765

7 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

Ya it works fine with VPN. I used Avira Free.

I picked Australia.

By the way I did not come up with this work around, some other nice forum goer had to do it and told me about.

cool thanks lol...giving it a try

Ok update, the dev on Discord figured it out. I dont know if you have Comcast too but I do and it appears it has something to do with them not pointing to the correct address for the update.

Dev had me add this "185.180.13.17 updates.wurmonline.com" to your Host file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\.

That forces your isp to the correct address for the update.  Mine connected immediately once I did that.

The dev also said might not want to rely on that forever.  Give it a couple days to see if ISP catches up and corrects itself then just put # in front of that entry in your Host file.

Hope that helps.

37 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

Ok update, the dev on Discord figured it out. I dont know if you have Comcast too but I do and it appears it has something to do with them not pointing to the correct address for the update.

Dev had me add this "185.180.13.17 updates.wurmonline.com" to your Host file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\.

That forces your isp to the correct address for the update.  Mine connected immediately once I did that.

The dev also said might not want to rely on that forever.  Give it a couple days to see if ISP catches up and corrects itself then just put # in front of that entry in your Host file.

Hope that helps.

Yup got it thanks!

Edited by elvinblade