Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1.6 2/NOV/17

I have been doing some grinding on the new skill, I am currently 33 Archeology and 32 Restoration and so far I am not impressed. It is a tedious and unrewarding experience and I can see it clogging the servers up with all the discarded lump fragments etc laying around after awhile and I do not see the point in having to attach 20+ parts to make an ore fragment amongst other things, Just feels like it was added for the sake of adding it because you could think of nothing else. At the moment it feels a bit like the rare system every time you hear the drum roll, You hope that maybe this is the time you get that fantastic you always wanted. But instead you are just hoping that somewhere in these many piles of unidentified fragments that you might get 1 useful item.

As for the Iron plate, I can not form the words without wanting to rant.

I would be happy if you could have higher chance to find fragments if you wear an adventurer hat......

• Like 1

On Epic, hovering over skills like Locksmithing and Lockpicking now shows an effective skill underneath. I don't think this was the case before?

rpMpOiC.jpg

It doesn't seem like the skills are actually working off their effective, so hopefully this is just a bug. 

This update marks a major client change, which unfortunately means the legacy client will no longer connect. We will continue to work with reported issues with the stable client to ensure the smoothest gameplay possible. If you are encountering issues with the stable client please use the low memory client.

Having issues with the stable client (just as I did with 4.06) but https://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_lowmem.jnlp doesn't work. Where can I find the new low memory client?

I have to say that the new creature movement for me is a downgrade so far all my horses are always in the fences before they were in the middle of the 1x2 pens. 

Edited by Kegan

Some comments and questions before I probably stop caring about valrei/epic:

• If a deity wins the scenario they will keep the boosted stats into the next scenario. This is a step backwards to something that was previously fixed - Sure it may not happen as fast as it did but it will get there, larger kingdoms or ones with more mission focused players have better presence on the board while smaller ones have to wait for short scenarios where item placement favours their god meaning that one god will always be winning more often than the others.
  • New mission types
    • Destroy guard tower in enemy territory
    • Sacrifice creatures Both of these are a step backwards to something that was previously worked on. Missions that were ridiculous were being removed only to be replaced with more ridiculous ones that wont get done?
  • Changed mission types
    • Traitor mission creatures will be marked with a special effect and will also have oakshell. While I don't agree with making them stand out it may help in the case of the elusive tag loss bug... unless losing the tag loses the effect also.
    • Trees marked for a mission will now have a special effect. This is not necessary for an already easy mission, it only serves to make sabotage or alts work faster and in both cases they should be spending time potentially getting caught rather than a fast in and out.

Are players required to be followers of their kingdoms god to complete missions or not? This seems to have people confused and if they do it would be a step further back than when you had to previously be a follower to guide.

Has the cost of guiding been changed to reflect the new net loss of karma attainable and has the archaic cost of failing been removed to also reflect the changes or a small scenario point reward been put back (not a full ticket worth)?

Has the list of unclear items had further work done or are we still part way with no idea what kind of sheet to carry across the entire length of the cluster meaning taking them all?

Is there any further information about what a tome fragment is? Are they fixed types of tome fragments? how many fragments are needed?

Have any of the changes had an effect on move timer? Do different difficulty missions reduce timers by different amounts?

I'm assuming that the reward tiers are not fixed but feel its worth asking for clarification: if you are in tier 1 and don't win do you drop into tier 2 pool etc?

I'm sure I had more questions but that's all I can remember for now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

Are players required to be followers of their kingdoms god to complete missions or not? This seems to have people confused and if they do it would be a step further back than when you had to previously be a follower to guide. God aligned with your kingdom, BL do libm, MR do mag, jk do FO

Has the cost of guiding been changed to reflect the new net loss of karma attainable and has the archaic cost of failing been removed to also reflect the changes or a small scenario point reward been put back (not a full ticket worth)? As far as im aware guiding still costs the same

Has the list of unclear items had further work done or are we still part way with no idea what kind of sheet to carry across the entire length of the cluster meaning taking them all? Still ongoing, it's more about correctly defining the items in the mission system, which takes time. We've done a fair few, but I;ve seen a few vague ones already

Is there any further information about what a tome fragment is? Are they fixed types of tome fragments? how many fragments are needed? tome fragments work exactly like the fragments in restoration, i believe its 3 required to make a tome, they can be of any tome, so you may have to collect ones you want and trade ones you dont to complete them

Have any of the changes had an effect on move timer? Do different difficulty missions reduce timers by different amounts? Yes, difficulty changes move timers

I'm assuming that the reward tiers are not fixed but feel its worth asking for clarification: if you are in tier 1 and don't win do you drop into tier 2 pool etc?

I'm sure I had more questions but that's all I can remember for now... If you dont win in tier one you have a chance of winning in the tier two, but you will receive tier two rewards

Thanks I also remembered I wanted to mention about the new digging up of mission items, this cuts out 90% of deities priests from participating in missions they previously could help with which is silly, can they build monuments yet?

they can also be found by investigating, which priests can do

• Locate Soul range has been reduced to 200 tiles. Beyond that range you will receive the message “No such soul found”.

Yes!

Sign in to follow this