Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 1.6 2/NOV/17

Because as we've stated, our focus on PvP is Epic, and allows us to make drastic changes and balances without impacting PvE servers. 

It's also why skill transfers are possible

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jaz said:

I'm really excited about this updated,  thank you devs! 

If I read correctly - good bye usefulness of metallurgy skill. This is the only sad part for me.

right :D bye bye metalurgy we dont need you now .... you'll forgotten like artifact skill :D 

Face shots will now take head armour as the armour value. yayaya! Had enough face shots fighting trolls in my cavalier helm for the silly halloween gear, lead to some pretty hairy moments vs champ trolls

Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:

• Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
  • Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
  • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
  • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.

Can we get this on freedom too? Telling a new player who wants to buy some plate to fight in that it's gonna be too slow with his 20 body strength and he's better off in chain or leather isn't so cool

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, loetuw said:

right :D bye bye metalurgy we dont need you now .... you'll forgotten like artifact skill :D 

Can we have a skill replacement option in metallurgy like there was a staff skill chabge option earlier? Metallurgy grind was a big enough pain. ..

If a follower of another god sabotages a mission that is possible to sabotage (e.g. cutting down a tree), the mission will be failed and lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.

Are you saying that to participate in valrei for your kingdom you need to follow a particular god?

Before it was just MR did mag missions, JK did fo missions, BL did lib missions.

But now you HAVE to be lib to do missions if you're in hots, you HAVE to be mag to do missions in mr, and you HAVE to be fo to do missions in jk?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Mine doors can now be removed with the use of a crowbar.

• To remove a mine door you must be the owner, or have the manage item permission.

Yay!  :)  This is a long wanted & needed game improvement.

And double Yay!!  for Archeology going in today.  Now I can start using my new building which I built and named Indiana Jones Slept Here in anticipation.  :)

Oh, and not to be a nag or anything, but to repeat a question others have asked, what about the "old abandoned deeds?"  Will it cover all deeds that have been on that spot, or just the most recent prior to existing deed, or does existing deed cancel out previous deeds, etc, etc.?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by Amadee

14 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Because as we've stated, our focus on PvP is Epic, and allows us to make drastic changes and balances without impacting PvE servers. 

It's also why skill transfers are possible

I think it's awesome that skill transfers are made possible for those that want to play on epic and for those that want to escape epic.

I don't appreciate feeling like I'm forced to play on epic if I want fair pvp.

• Like 8

im confused why the overpowered/broken bloodthirst was only fixed for epic

destroying a guard tower seems like a really weird mission, it takes so long to do and they might even be on deeds or something

why would player god missions be removed?  they would be a good way to get karma for guiding and pvp use, it's more needed than on freedom

I thought med advancing would be faster, it's still 4~ months roughly to get level 11 if you have the skill. 

is the halved advance timer a fixed rate or is like skill x5 higher than level changing the timer, and skill x20, etc

33% bt damage on weapons seems useless now when fa/fb is easier to get similar damage amounts and has bonuses like armor modifiers and harder to mass heal

33% bt damage on bows still seems really powerful when horses are so weak even with barding

glowing trees for missions will make it ridiculously easy to sabotage tree missions or get with alts

wounding a creature then saccing it seems like it will take a very long time.  especially if we have to bring them to a certain gods domain which is more difficult to do these days with player gods.... makes much more sense to be able to drop a blessed bowl and sac at it like before

• Like 8

It's difficult for me to tell what is PVP only regarding missions - all the headings are the same size after Epic Only.  Does the mission fail on Freedom if complete it and I'm not a follower?

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Players may either hire a public wagoner, or purchase a wagoner contract for 15 silver from a trader

How can you justify the cost for this wagoneer?

It generates zero income, saves a bit of hassle to deliver, but not 15s worth of hassle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

How can you justify the cost for this wagoneer?

It generates zero income, saves a bit of hassle to deliver, but not 15s worth of hassle.

Public wagoners will actually charge a fee to deliver that goes to the owner, or the deed, I forget.

It also generates income via sending bulk via cod, much in the same way a mechant generates income through sales

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Public wagoners will actually charge a fee to deliver that goes to the owner, or the deed, I forget.

It also generates income via sending bulk via cod, much in the same way a mechant generates income through sales

Can you provide some details for these fee's?

COD charges?

This will only work if people actually use the service, I do not think it will be used as much as you think on small servers, maybe indy or xanadooo.

Edited by JakeRivers

Mission Changes

• New mission types
    • Destroy guard tower in enemy territory
    • Sacrifice creatures
      • This will require lowering the creatures health and then using a sacrificial knife on the creature in the corresponding gods domain,
    • Kill tower guards
  • Changed mission types
    • Missions involving creatures to be killed or sacrificed will now spawn those creatures specifically for the mission..
    • Traitor mission creatures will be marked with a special effect and will also have oakshell.
    • Trees marked for a mission will now have a special effect.

This is only for epic?

Epic Only Changes:

• Players using an Epic Portal from Freedom servers will now transfer across to Epic with their skills.
    • If a player has already been on Epic, only the skills from Freedom that are higher at the time of the transfer will carry across. Skills that are higher on Epic will be unchanged.
    • Higher skills from Freedom will only overwrite the Epic skill if the Epic skill does not currently have the 3x regain rate (i.e. skill has not been recently lost).
  • Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
    • Leather from 45% to 60%
    • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
    • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
    • Cloth from 35% to 40%
    • Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
  • Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
    • Steel from 2% to 2.5%
  • Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
    • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
  • Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
    • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
    • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
    • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
    • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
  • Changes to how Bloodthirst scales damage at higher powers:
    • Bloodthirst damage bonus has now been reduced to 33% of weapon damage at 10,000 power
    • Bloodthirst power gain no longer slows down after 5,000 against creatures.
  • Locate Soul range has been reduced to 200 tiles. Beyond that range you will receive the message “No such soul found”.
  • Upkeep costs for Spirit guards on Epic servers will now scale according to how many you have, starting at 1 silver per month for the first guard, and increasing by 50 coppers more than the previous guard
    • 1 guard 1 silver upkeep
    • 2 guards 2.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver)
    • 3 guards 4.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver, 3rd guard 2 silver)
  • Oakshell changes:
    • Oakshell now properly slows a mount based on power of cast
    • A cast of under 70 power will give the creature a rare glow, a cast of over 70 will show a supreme glow.
  • Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.
  • Travelling through an epic portal will generate sleep bonus on the server you left at the same rate of sleeping in a bed
  • Kingdom influence on Epic servers will now update dynamically when towers are captured or destroyed without needing a restart.

Only in Epic you say, pity.

R.I.P. Chaos

(I have zero interest in playing on epic)

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 4

Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:

• Leather from 45% to 60%
  • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
  • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
  • Cloth from 35% to 40%

Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:

• Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
  • Steel from 2% to 2.5%

Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:

Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.

Scale and drake armour will no longer drop upon leaving the world.

Wait a second. These changes look familiar!

• Like 4

if you didnt realize what they are doing before today, R.I.P. you

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

if you didnt realize what they are doing before today, R.I.P. you

Oh I knew they had changes planned for epic, didn't actually expect good changes to pvp, it would do a lot to fixing chaos.

Will the Path Question cool down apply retroactively?  Or does it only apply to future questions?

1 minute ago, Sila said:

cost per crate is 1c...

Retro makes it sound like there is more involved with the costs.

2 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.

How about a reduction to 5 or 10 tiles local for overground targets if you are stealthed and underground...?

i don't understand: do wagoners works as traders, accumulating the coins used for shipping items?

isnt drake and plate 70% and scale 75% atm?

Edited by Dann
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dann said:

isnt drake and plate 70% and scale 75% atm?

must have been a ninja patch at some point. everyone i talk to dont know about any changes last year-ish. Cloth was also 40 in the past but in this patch they say it was increased from 35.

Makes ya wonder if they did ninja changes to glance rates too.

1 hour ago, Fraeya said:

Can we get this on freedom too? Telling a new player who wants to buy some plate to fight in that it's gonna be too slow with his 20 body strength and he's better off in chain or leather isn't so cool

WTS 95QL Studded Leathers -  ;)   Bring your checkbook.

Sign in to follow this