Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Epic to Freedom skill transfer delays

WSA.png

As you all know, we’ll be performing a one time skill transfer for players from Epic to Freedom. Initially we hoped this could be done at the time of the update, but due to the sheer amount of information to go through (this applies to all accounts on epic) and the need to ensure that the skills copy correctly we unfortunately have decided to delay the transfer for a few days.

The update, along with Freedom skills crossing to Epic and the new skilling system will still go live  today as planned.

During the update we will take a snapshot of all skills on epic, and this will be what is used for the transfer, so no skills gained on the new skilling system will cross over.

We apologise for the delay, and will continue to work on getting this transfer out as soon as possible.

-The Wurm team.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .Hope it goes fast.

Edited by permo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Does this mean I have to wait a few more days before I can slay @LorenaMontana?

My heart has been broken.

As it will be a second time when he slays you - grin

• Like 3

a few days,

we shall wait for budda to return from his vacation with rolf. they went to visit notch to take some notes.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Egard said:

a few days,

we shall wait for budda to return from his vacation with rolf. they went to visit notch to take some notes.

:unsure:

45 minutes ago, Egard said:

a few days,

I guess if they really need a lesson on how to make bad tweets, never stick with your game, lose your friends, wife and incessantly whine about about how having all this money has ruined your life.

• Like 5

Rather you delay than muck up skills, it's safer. 

So freedom will come to epic still? That's cool, we can enjoy a few days killing each other before getting ourselves setup on freedom then :D

aaaah guess only skill i will be doing is the new one since most things are higher for me on epic :(

how long you think it will be ?

just come to epic, and my body stat capped at 19 because i was died before at epic :( 

Updates? Being stuck on epic is kinda sucky because you want to grind on freedoom where it counts on both servers.

Edited by permo

Roll back servers to previous versions already and try again with an actual OPEN test server before applying updates.

Meditation: Broken.

Channeling: Broken.

Over powered freedom characters with 100 skill and high body: Very broken.

Inability to gain any body stats at all : Extremely broken.

How to destroy epic:

Step one. Eliminate any way to get stronger. Destroy the skill gain!!

Step two: Don't let anyone leave.

Step three: Send the most powerful players in the game from another server over to the one where they cant get any stronger.

Brilliant. Servers down. No warning. Fantastic job.

Edited by Trollslayer
Yay typos

any news on when epic to freedom skill change is coming ?

on Thursday you said it will be a couple of days, its now Tuesday. any updates ? ETA?

i am not fine, my lamp in my house is flickering but i am too much into archaeology to fix it.

i feel like i am at the worst disco ever.

18 hours ago, Keenan said:

I've been chatting in Discord quite a bit, but I'll post up here as well.

In order to do this properly, I've had to merge in four servers worth of data into a single database instance. As some from the WU community may know, player records are kept on the servers you depart from and are updated when you return. Due to this I needed to be able to ensure I'm pulling the latest data for your character or risk using old skill data.

With the hotfixes and other emergencies I've had to handle, I didn't have as much time to dedicate to this as I'd have liked and we didn't realize this complication until close to the update time. In any other situation, it's fairly easy to ensure that we're pulling data for the current players of that server - except for Epic - due to how we store the epic server information. We also couldn't rely upon the player's current server because that would omit anyone playing on Freedom at the time of the snapshot.

The most important part of this is to get it right. I'm expecting to have it done and tested in the next few days. And remember: these will be a snapshot of the skills you had on epic before the update, and only the skills.

Thanks for your patience.

are the main skills like body recalculated after copying all subskills or are they copied over from the highest?

same goes for blacksmithing and carpentry etc.

for example lets say on freedom you have 30 body and 40bs 20 stam 20 bc on epic you have 31 body, 35 bs 30 stamd and 25 bc

the new collective of highest is 31body, 40 bs 35 stam and 25bc but those subskills should make a higher mainskill of body. is the main recaculated or not? is that going to negatively impact you later when trying to get the skill really high ?

7 minutes ago, elroth said:

are the main skills like body recalculated after copying all subskills or are they copied over from the highest?

same goes for blacksmithing and carpentry etc.

for example lets say on freedom you have 30 body and 40bs 20 stam 20 bc on epic you have 31 body, 35 bs 30 stamd and 25 bc

the new collective of highest is 31body, 40 bs 35 stam and 25bc but those subskills should make a higher mainskill of body. is the main recaculated or not? is that going to negatively impact you later when trying to get the skill really high ?

it compares them individually, so you'd have whichever is highest of the two

Just an update!

I've finally been able to get the data to where I can accurately compare across all four servers. I'll be working tonight and aiming for it being ready for tomorrow morning. I'll update here if there are any delays, but I will make sure we announce the skill transfer when we take the servers down again.

• Like 8

Sign in to follow this