Sign in to follow this  
Thor_lyshitski

mouse jumps/skips windowed

i recently bought a corsair scimitar pro rgb, and i have noticed when i play Wurm (only game that does it) in either windowed fullscreen and/or windowed resizable mode, that when i click out of the window and do something and then click back in to wurm my character either spins or looks down.. sometimes it just happens when im playing and dont even click out of the window... which can get very annoying if your tryin to navigate a forest and your character randomly spins.

i at first thought it was maybe my mouse pad, replaced it.. still does it.. i have looked online and not found any real help in fixing the issue, so i thought i would at least try and post up here and see if  any other Wurmian was/had the same issue and maybe found a fix for it.

• Like 1

No solutions, just more things to try. 

It could be hardware, wurm code, or even microsoft OS issues (even if it seems wurm is the only game where it happens for you, others report similar issues in various games)

You might see if these help at all, these are specific to the corsair scimitar gaming mouse:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=153764

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=157911

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=154865

usually they suggest flashing the firmware, adjusting the dpi setting,  or using a different USB port -- but apparently sometimes it's also  just a bad mouse.  

Wurm also has a tendency to sometimes simply  reorient the mouse (pointing straight to the sky or straight to the ground) but I don;t know that has ever had a fix, or been an issue with a specific gaming mouse.

Wurm specific issues:

Some of the problem may be due to Microsoft Windows changes in how pointing devices work, especially with optimizing their OS to work best with tablets/portables:

Microsoft has confirmed that changes to the way Windows 8.1 interfaces with pointing devices compared to previous releases are causing heartache for gamers, and promises it is working on a fix for the flaw.
Shortly after the release of Windows 8.1, the free upgrade made available to all Windows 8 users, gamers began to notice glitches in the way their mice worked. Games that had been butter-smooth on Windows 8 suddenly started juddering and jumping, 1:1 mouse movement stopped working, and polling frequencies were dropped significantly compared to prior releases.
For twitch-gamers, any one of the above problems were enough to swear off upgrading to Windows 8.1 - but Microsoft states that it is working on the issues. 'We want to thank our gaming community for the detailed feedback many of you have provided on these issues,' a Microsoft spokesperson posted on the company's Answers site. 'While we don’t have a date yet for the release of a fix, we are working to get these issues resolved as quickly as possible. The “mouse lag” issue is actually several different issues that could vary based on the game, input methods used, etc.'
Sadly, Microsoft isn't at the point where it can offer workarounds for these issues - short of asking gamers to check whether their titles support raw mouse input, which would bypass the application programming interface (API) causing problems in Windows 8.1. Other reported bugs - including the pointer being restricted from reaching all areas of a game's window, and an inability to left-click on laptop trackpads immediately after pressing a key - do come with a few recommended ways of reducing their impact.
Beyond that, the company is simply asking gamers to be patient and wait for a fix for the flaw, or to try running older games in compatibility mode, available from the Properties menu when right-clicking on a game's shortcut.

That was, unfortunately, posted over four years ago and I am not aware that Microsoft ever released a fix.

It may not help at all, but you could also test whether setting the Steam wurmlauncher.exe to use Windows7 compatability mode helps at all:

SBuyWu6.png

On my Win7 system, I do lose control of the mouse every so often but I would say it is something like once in every 50-80 hours of gametime or something fairly rare like that. 

So it is possible, I dunno, that Win7 has an issue in less severity than does Win8/10 which are geared heavily to support for mobile devices. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1