Sign in to follow this  
galinhavoadora

[BETA] Player attributes modifications

To add some context, I don't have much time to spend in game, and I play alone on a local server. I also like to do what I please on an open world game, without having to worry much about things like damage and whatnot. So I decided to take a shot at customizing my gaming experience by creating some mods.

I'm just sharing what I created for myself, so if you think it spoils your experience, don't use it.

I looked at Unlimited Stamina Mod for reference to start doing stuff.

So far I've came up with (I'm still trying to test things, so if you come across any issues just post them or create a ticket):

Change player items damage (Download server mod)

- Applies a multiplier to the player item damage value each time the damage is set (default value = 1.0, normal damage).

Multiple player modifiers (movement requires server and client mod) (Download server mod)

- Multiply money to be added to player

- Sets sleep bonus to always return true

- Sets move restriction (slow, can't move, encumbered) to return false

- Sets damage to be applied to player to 0

- Sets player stamina not to be reduced or not to be reduced under 80% (due to different methods)

- Sets player thirst not to increase

- Sets player hunger not to increase

- Changes movement speed modifier (also requires client mod) (download client mod)

Options are enabled/disabled (true/false) or set (value) on the properties files.

• Like 1

I don't personally have a use for this but plenty of people who like to solo on their personal server. Gives them more options to customize their experience and that's great.Though I could see this being used on a development test environment so on second thought might have more uses too. :)

I didn't think of testing purposes, but yes, that's an interesting use. Initially I had everything hardcoded, but decided to change because, although I usually set it to become easier, it can also be set to become harder (e.g.: increase the amount of damage done to items by normal use or make players move slower). Thanks for the feedback.

oh well if you move all the characteristics to 1.0 and take away all the starter gear except the steel and flint.. lol it's very useful XD

13 hours ago, Ninjai said:

oh well if you move all the characteristics to 1.0 and take away all the starter gear except the steel and flint.. lol it's very useful XD

We recently did a Caveman Challenge, where we had players spawn with no starter gear AND no steel and flint. We did give them a troll club, though, because hey, cavemen. Everyone scrounged around as fast as they could to rummage rock and iron rock for crude tools (while fighting off mobs). Once we could make woodscraps and kindling, they could be used together without steel and flint to create a campfire.

• Like 1

true however you HAVE to have flint and steel to make charcoal piles and you need charcoal to make the steel for the flint and steel... so the only way to get coal is from butchering lava creatures, or following around a venerable to butcher it's corpse :P   Also, you have to have the flint and steel for forges and ovens too aye, so it becomes a pretty long conquest if not the hardest thing to obtain as a caveman :)

One of the things I've been kind of wanting to request or look into is a mod to add more methods of making fire, with different benefits and drawbacks. Even just adding one more fire-making tool would bridge the gap nicely and allow 'caveman challenges' to be more feasible. Something like, say, a bow-drill - shaft plus handle plus plank plus string of cloth. Heavy and cumbersome, but doesn't require anything more complicated than a spindle. Or heck, add a secondary function to spindles that can light a fire but does significant damage to it - maybe make it have a high failure rate, since hand-drills were notoriously finicky and hard to use for fire-making.

Alternately, make torches a bit more useful by letting you light them off any fire source, and use them to light any fire source. So you could make a campfire with kindling + wood scrap like you can now, light a torch off it, then use the torch to light a forge or a charcoal pile.

My ideal would make steel and flint something of a higher-end tool, something most people probably won't bother with, because there are easier/cheaper to get methods that aren't quite as convenient, easy to carry, or easy to use, but do the job just fine. But I'd settle for anything that'd let you bridge the gap between 'starting with nothing' and 'convenient easy access to fire'.

• Like 2