Sign in to follow this  
Adambean

Lots of dead hyenas

I've not found anyone asking this question so I will...

Any reason why HOTS territory has so many dead hyenas? Dozens. More dead than alive. The ratio feels like 5 dead for every 3 alive. They are all within HOTS, and this happens both on the official Heavenord map and my custom map.

(I normally just put them in an altar for Libila.)

Some thing happens with Boars.  My thought is they starve since they eat meat and most settlements have the animals cleaned out of their areas.

on a side note, you can make a couple copper per day just picking up the corpses and selling the corpse to a settlement token.  Great way for a new player to make money.

Edited by Orsus
  • Like 1

Ah that would explain why I've seen hyenas attacking random cows/bulls/chickens... I've not seem them butcher any of them though.

you should loot the corpses and make meals out of em, just sayin!!!

Also kingsom animals spawn in at random ages. So when a wave of new spawns come in sometimes they are so old they die automatically. Some live for days.  It's typical behavior of an odd random issue.  If that's been fixed it's from them not eating even after killing passive animals.  As orsus said it happens to freedom isles all the time.

18 hours ago, ozmods said:

you should loot the corpses and make meals out of em, just sayin!!!

Heh all you get from them is tough meat, and what with mycelium providing food and nutrition slowly but freely I have no need for them. Maybe if my server got popular for no reason I'd sell the meat though.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Also kingsom animals spawn in at random ages. So when a wave of new spawns come in sometimes they are so old they die automatically. Some live for days.  It's typical behavior of an odd random issue.  If that's been fixed it's from them not eating even after killing passive animals.  As orsus said it happens to freedom isles all the time.

Ah yeah my world's default kingdom is freedom isles, even though it has HOTS territory and has epic mode on. Your response very likely answers this.

Thanks for all your responses. :) I'll just continue to pet the live ones and send the dead ones to Libila.