Sign in to follow this  
whisper2shade

[RELEASED] TimedPay

Hi,

Someone wanted a mod that gives players cash and karma for being online. Here it is.

Features (v0.2):

• Configurable amount of cash (iron) each player gets for being online
  • Configurable amount of karma each player gets for being online
  • Configurable payout interval
  • Checking for unique steam id to prevent multiple alts farming coins and karma

Features (v0.2.1):

• Updated for WU 1.8.0.X

Just drop it in and enjoy.

https://github.com/whisper2shade/TimedPay/releases/latest

If you encounter any problems, please open an issue on github (preferably) or reply to this post.

Have fun,

whisper2shade

Edited by whisper2shade
New version features
  • Like 8

Yay! This is exactly something I know I have wanted ever since the release of WU. I will be doing some localhost testing on this ASAP. Thank you!

Great mod!:D One suggestion would be to maybe add an option to toggle give karma as well.

gee I would have iron coming out of the keiber pass then lol.. I spend a lot of time in wurm, specially when it's too cold to anything else.

7 hours ago, Governor said:

Great mod!:D One suggestion would be to maybe add an option to toggle give karma as well.

Where did you get this great idea from? Giving karma as time bounty wow, the greatest idea since sliced bread. 

Could you please see if you can detect if someone has been standing idle too long and we could have an option to disconnect them or have the iron flow stop?

Still a great mod as is though. However the karma idea that Governor had would be an awesome addition as well.

Edited by Crustyfoot
  • Like 2

I like the karma idea and checking of the steam id. The steam id checking is implemented, but not tested yet. I need someone willing to test it, as i never managed to log in two characters at the same time from the same steam account.

The karma is next on my To Do list.

The idle standing still feature might be somewhere in the future though. I guess that would be way harder to implement.

• Like 1

I have updated the mod. Now it gives karma as well and checks for unique steam ids to prevent alt farming.

• Like 1

Money or karma just for actions (building fighting anything ...actiontimer) would be interesting at my opinion

Eject

4 minutes ago, Eject said:

Money or karma just for actions (building fighting anything ...actiontimer) would be interesting at my opinion

Eject

There already is a bounty mod for killing aggressive enemies.

2 minutes ago, whisper2shade said:

There already is a bounty mod for killing aggressive enemies.

Yeah i know =) just speaking of gift for online players while doing any actions without idleling and collect money or karma :D

Eject

6 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Where did you get this great idea from? Giving karma as time bounty wow, the greatest idea since sliced bread. 

Not sure if it's that awesome of an idea. Just an option that people might enjoy.

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Not sure if it's that awesome of an idea. Just an option that people might enjoy.

Well, you can enjoy it now ;)

• Like 2

Great mod thanks for sharing with the community. I considered doing similar but never got around to it. I believe I will pull in for karma gains but our economy is already bloated with coin. 

11 hours ago, whisper2shade said:

I like the karma idea and checking of the steam id. The steam id checking is implemented, but not tested yet. I need someone willing to test it, as i never managed to log in two characters at the same time from the same steam account.

Wogic applies here, you have to crash Steam Client Bootstrapper & Gameoverlayui thru Task Manager so Steam doesn't know/think Wurm is running - 

https://puu.sh/ybTz1/b68a5c81e3.png - Both from my Main Steam account. :(

Could do a ip check vice steam check to fix that? If I recall that is how another developer done it, since my wife and I could not both get timed bounty even though we had different steam accounts.

Love the karma giving aspect as I'm working on an overhaul to the karma system (as to what you can spend it on). Good stuff!

On 01/11/2017 at 0:59 AM, Virtuos said:

Wogic applies here, you have to crash Steam Client Bootstrapper & Gameoverlayui thru Task Manager so Steam doesn't know/think Wurm is running - 

https://puu.sh/ybTz1/b68a5c81e3.png - Both from my Main Steam account. :(

I just noticed that post, i'll have to look at it some more.

This is a great idea, and a nice start for a mod.
It would be awesome if you could make options/conditions for the reward.

For instance:

• Activity: A player standing there doing nothing, does not count. At least *some* activity has to have been registered during x amount of time to qualify for a reward.
  • Skill: for example, in case your server uses bounty mod like most do, players above X fight skill do not qualify.
  • Deeds: Is player owner (or otherwise part of) a deed? Then, if that deed has more than X amount of time worth of upkeep, they do not qualify.
  • Banks: does player have more or equal to X amount of money in bank? Doesn't qualify. (smartasses saving coins in chests and boxes? make coins decay there super fast with other mod)
  • Alts: Possible to check player database for all players with that steamid (also offline), and apply restrictions and conditions based on the one with highest skills, etc...?

Those are some things we've come up with, discussing the implementation of this mod on our server. 

I would love to implement it once it's not too easily abusable.

Great work so far and I hope you continue to add some features! Hopefully some of the ones I mentioned! :D

EDIT: Those would all be optional, and separately switched on or off, and configurable, in an ideal world.
(players on our server, after reading my post here pointed out that tthat wasn't clear)

Edited by Himeros

Add the option to notify when paid would be a nice feature if you have the time ;)

• Like 1

Sorry guys, i've been off for a bit - RL stuff. I still need a bit of time to sort out stuff, but i will continue with my mods next week.

• Like 1

Is it possible to make that coins dont go to player's bank but to village's upkeep ?

• Like 1

Im really loving the sound of this mod and being able to set it up to only pay out the lower levels/ poor players to help them out!

Setting so only low skilled players or low playtime character get paid, IMO won't do anything unless you make it so one character per steam ID can login. Players would just login a no skilled alt in first then log on a main. It would be abused easily without a lot of GM intervention. Even is based on playtime it can easily be bypassed. Seems like a lot of effort for minimal impact.