Sign in to follow this  
whisper2shade

[RELEASED] Discord Relay

15 hours ago, Ayluin said:

You have something installed on your server that requires SinduskLibrary and it cannot locate the .properties file for it: You can download it here:

https://github.com/Sindusk/sindusklibrary/releases

The error is really due to that, not discord relay, but it comes up because of the sharedclassloader=true I believe.

Thanks!

Edited by AldGM
  • Like 1

Can you explain how to setup the discord bot correctly?

We are switching to a new server, so the name of everything needs to change, including our Discord server. I thought it would be enough to just change the name of our Discord bot from "nenyawu" to "harmonywu," but of course that didn't work at all.  For future reference, or for anyone else trying to do the same thing, here's a little guide I wrote up.  It is very non-coder friendly. 

I'm very aware that there might be an easier way to do this, or definitely a better explanation for the how and why.  But this is for those of us who get lost and our eyes glaze over when people try to explain such things.  🙂

Spoiler

Discord Relay – New server, new bot procedure

Rename the Discord server first, and make sure it's open before you proceed.

Open your Discord bots page here:

https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/

Click the old bot

Rename it, then Save

Click OAuth2

Under Scopes, click bot

Then under Permissions, click Administrator

This generates a URL to click to give the new bot an invitation to the server.

Open a new tab, paste in the URL, and give the bot permissions to your new Discord server.

Now you should see your new bot in the Offline section of the Discord server.

Afterward, go back to the bot page

Click "Bot"

Click on “Click to reveal token”

Copy this and paste it into DiscordRelay.properties

Update the server, and your bot should work!

Edited by Batta
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Budda said:

A few of us were having issues with this bot disconnecting then hanging the server on startup. I've updated the mod to use the latest version of the library and that seems to have fixed things.

https://github.com/BuddaT/DiscordRelay/releases/tag/v3.1

I had gotten it working with v.3.0 by enabling "Presence Intent" on our actual BOT settings. It's found below "Privileged Gateway Intents."

When I switched to this v.3.1 my server hung on startup again, and I couldn't get back online until I reverted to the 3.0.

• Like 1

Hey all, 

How am I meant to format channel names/category/'s ? I posted an image below, the bot is working on discord (showing number of players online) however no text is being relayed at all. 

Spoiler

'''Edit'' After more fiddling I've actually gotten messages working discord > game but I get errors on the console when trying to go game > discord the ONLY way to get game > discord working, is to remove spaces from my discords name which considering it's called "Junkyard Dogs" and I've already removed the apostrophe which is probably really going to bug my brother, is there any way to be able to have Discord servers with spaces in the name? 

''Edit edit'' I've tried renaming the server to Junkyard_Dogs with and without the whitespace to _ option as true or false. Nothing works other than JunkyardDogs which is irritating as hell lmao 

Edited by Crimsonknight3
Link properly

Hi I wanted to post here in case someone needs it. The discord bots are prone to break nowadays, so in case anyone's experiencing that, until whisper2shade updates it, i have an up to date version of this mod here: https://gitlab.com/tyoda-wurm/DiscordRelay
You can download it from releases on the right.
I've also added the option to not count alts as separate players, and support to show some discord emojis in-game as ASCII emoticons (thanks to bdew, who I ripped it from).

Edited by Tyoda
  • Like 1