Sign in to follow this  
whisper2shade

[RELEASED] Discord Relay

Hi,

I have created a simple discord relay mod that connects the kingdom chats to a discord server.

Features:

• Sends all messages from kingdom chat to the appropriate kingdom text channel on discord
  • Sends all messages from kingdom channels to appropriate kingdom channels in wurm

Planned features:

• Support for villages and alliances
  • Auto creation of village channels and proper permission management for users to read them on discord
  • Discord user to wurm player linking

Requirements:

Don't forget to configure the mod in the DiscordRelay.properties

Current version is v0.2

You can find the release here:

https://github.com/whisper2shade/DiscordRelay/releases/latest

If you encounter any problems, please use the issues tracker on github (preferably) or reply to this thread.

Have fun,

whisper2shade

Edited by whisper2shade
New features and version number update
  • Like 8

How oyu write "Freedom isles" as textchannels in discord? you can not make space

Eject

7 minutes ago, Eject said:

How oyu write "Freedom isles" as textchannels in discord? you can not make space

Eject

Yes, i have noticed that. I've been using it only on my server, where we have only single word kingdoms. I will have a fix today.

Thank you =)

I started now my server and used just "Freedom" as channelname, but nothing happens, it seems my bot is online on discord, but i cant resolve messages.

How you have tested it, with which settings? Maybe i do some wrong with the bot?

Eject

add: i prefer for me now, just using freedom would be good, so the connection to the discord server is separated from the real wurm chat, (because all members of 3 servers just speaking in the GL-Freedom)

Eject

2 minutes ago, Eject said:

Thank you =)

I started now my server and used just "Freedom" as channelname, but nothing happens, it seems my bot is online on discord, but i cant resolve messages.

How you have tested it, with which settings? Maybe i do some wrong with the bot?

Eject

The problem is, that the kingdom has two words in the name. "Freedom Isles" -> this needs a "#freedom isles" channel on discord, but discord can't use spaces in names, so the bot can't connect the two chats.

I will have a fix in a few hours (after i get back from work, i'll fix it.)

The server i have it deployed on has only one kingdom "Kastia" and that is linked to "#kastia". No spaces, so it works fine.

ah ok i understand =)

Maybe are you able to make a new channel just for the connection to discord? this is just an idea ;) simple named discord lol

No rush whisper, thanks for this interesting works i am very curious how it works than.

Eject

I have fixed the kingdom names with spaces problem and deployed a new version. I have added a new property to configuration "useUnderscore" If true, kingdom names with spaces will be represented with underscores instead of spaces on discord (#freedom_isles) if false, the space will be removed (#freedomisles)

Have fun

• Like 1

Looks neat, i wish i knew ###### about Discord bots to test it and use it maybe.. :D

18 minutes ago, Virtuos said:

Looks neat, i wish i knew ###### about Discord bots to test it and use it maybe.. :D

A good guide is here:

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/topics/oauth2#bots

I might write some tips later after i make it more feature complete.

Right now i'm working on the ability for the bot to create all needed channels for kingdoms and villages.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whisper2shade said:

A good guide is here:

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/topics/oauth2#bots

I might write some tips later after i make it more feature complete.

Right now i'm working on the ability for the bot to create all needed channels for kingdoms and villages.

Thanks, got it working.. now our server can be spammed with a Automessager bot with neat Informations, awesome Mod!

Edit: https://puu.sh/ybP9R/3e3397bedc.jpg - Apparently the Bot doesn't like Bot messages, any help? :/

Edited by Virtuos

@whisper2shadeyou are very awesome =) i cant wait to go home from my realwork and test your new version :)

Thank you for this mod

Eject

Hi there, just got this working on a test server: is there any chance I could get this set up so the discord messages are sent to GL-Freedom, instead of Freedom?

Thanks

Edited by RicePirate

6 hours ago, Virtuos said:

Thanks, got it working.. now our server can be spammed with a Automessager bot with neat Informations, awesome Mod!

Edit: https://puu.sh/ybP9R/3e3397bedc.jpg - Apparently the Bot doesn't like Bot messages, any help? :/

That's because it is deliberately ignoring messages from bots. Could be made configurable in the future to allow this.

1 hour ago, RicePirate said:

Hi there, just got this working on a test server: is there any chance I could get this set up so the discord messages are sent to GL-Freedom, instead of Freedom?

Thanks

I have to experiment with it a bit. We'll see. Right now i'm working on the autocreation of proper channels and management of villages as well (with proper permissions for village citizens).

• Like 2

Hello again

GL-Freedom instead of Freedom Chat would be very fine, i have 3 servers connected, all is working with the bot, but if one is answering a question via discord, it is shown 1 time in the correct Freedom Chat and 3 times in the GL-Freedom chat at wurm.

Eject

edit, messages coming 2 times in gl-freedom, maybe this is a little issue that you can solve

Edited by Eject

something is wrong

if i disable write permissions in discord for @everyone (i like atm that just staffmembers can send answers), no message from wurm is coming to the discord channel. If i activate write permissions, than all messages are coming

Eject

1 minute ago, Eject said:

something is wrong

if i disable write permissions in discord for @everyone (i like atm that just staffmembers can send answers), no message from wurm is coming to the discord channel. If i activate write permissions, than all messages are coming

Eject

The bot needs write permissions to write the messages in discord.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whisper2shade said:

That's because it is deliberately ignoring messages from bots. Could be made configurable in the future to allow this.

Would be awesome to have that Option.

8 minutes ago, Eject said:

something is wrong

Eject

Giving your Bot Admin will "fix" that ( https://puu.sh/yc9Yj/087527aaab.png ) tested and worked fine on my end

Edited by Virtuos

23 minutes ago, whisper2shade said:

The bot needs write permissions to write the messages in discord.

good point, so i will move the bot to the gm group in discord, thanks for the hint, i forgot that the bot is also in @everyone group =)

Eject

The bot will require permissions in the future to create/manage channels and user roles.

what is your idea with this new permissions? depending on share messages with wurm and discord

Eject

Just now, Eject said:

what is your idea with this new permissions? depending on share messages with wurm and discord

Eject

The bot will create all required channels for kingdoms, villages and possibly alliances and then it will assign the proper permissions to view the channels to members of those villages, kingdoms and alliances so that whoever can view the channels in wurm can view them in discord.

oh that sounds very interesting....if just the members can see this channels in discord =)

this mod is very amazing, i was waiting near 2 years to get some solution to share the chats, and yesterday you made me happy ^^

Eject

2 minutes ago, Eject said:

oh that sounds very interesting....if just the members can see this channels in discord =)

this mod is very amazing, i was waiting near 2 years to get some solution to share the chats, and yesterday you made me happy ^^

Eject