Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

PVE Quest Compass

Just an idea for PVE...

A new quest mechanic for PVE:  Compass from Heaven

An uber-rare chance that a humanoid mob will drop a "Compass from Heaven".

Examine compass -->  "This compass appears to have been dropped from the gods and picked up by a creature incapable of understanding it's significance."

Right click on compass in inventory --> "Get Bearing" will read, "The compass appears to be pointing {direction}".

Alternately, right clicking on the quest compass --> "Make Active" will replace the compass bearing of a standard compass with the quest compass.

Following the compass will lead the player to a special loot chest containing random loot worthy of the quest.

The compass can be no-drop, no trade and acts as the key, where only the person holding the compass can open the chest.

Both chest and compass are destroyed after 48 hours real time if not found.

• Like 4

+1 good idea but limit how far the chest and compass spawn? traveling halfway across zanadu for an old pair of boots would more than suck

This is basically the description of Ulviirala's Treasure Hunting Mod for Wurm Unlimited. It is absolutely amazing, and everyone who's played with it on WU seems to love it. +1.

2 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

This is basically the description of Ulviirala's Treasure Hunting Mod for Wurm Unlimited. It is absolutely amazing, and everyone who's played with it on WU seems to love it. +1.

If it is, it is by pure coincidence.  I haven't played on a server with this mod (to my knowledge).  I am sure it is fun though.