Sign in to follow this  
Arduin

Is it possible to overwrite textures?

Hi all!

So my question is, is it possible to overwrite a certain texture with my own new texture, without editing the graphics.jar file of the client. Is it possible to use Ago's scriptrunner / serverpacks mod for that somehow? I tried to overwrite the coffer texture if its made from maplewood for example. That would be the mapping for "model.furniture.wooden.coffer.maplewood". So I tried a few ways, but nothing worked out so far.

The only way to make it work would be also copying over the model to my own pack file, so basically overwriting both, model and texture. But is there a way to just overwrite the texture itself?

No.

The model loader read models and has the option to use different textures on the model (like different wood textures). But those textures are resolved relative to the model and must be in the same pack. It's not possible to have the model loader read the model from one pack and the texture from another pack without messing with the private parts of the model loading process.

The custom player textures use such a messmethod because the player model must be the same for the main game and any customisation mods.

For every other model it's propably easier to copy the models to a new pack.

• Like 1

Allright, thanks for the answer, Ago! So I will just go as I did before, adding both to the packfile and all is fine.