Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

Toolbelt Selection Bug/Change

It used to be that if I selected a container on my toolbelt, it would select whatever was inside the container unless it was empty. Now it is selecting the container only, never the items inside. This is making sowing crops more irksome and impacts a small range of improvement tasks more bothersome.

Intentional or a bug?

Which container are you using? what are you trying to sow? 

I experimented with both the inventory group and a backpack, since both were handy. I was trying to sow wheat, but also tried to select cheese since I had that on me as well. All had the same results, only the container was selected, not the contents.

Edit: Checked an alt, it appears to be just that character having this issue. Did I turn on a setting without noticing?

Edited by Darmalus

I don't understand why, but completely removing everything from my toolbelt and then re-adding it fixed it.

I normally have some containers always on me and thus always on my toolbelt.

Baffling.

Edit: And the problem is back. Double baffled.

Edited by Darmalus

Final update, I hope.

Not long after this issue started cropping up (about 2-3 hours) a number of other problems with Wurm began to happen. Intense lag that no one else seemed to suffer, then my game disconnected (timeout) and I couldn't even get the Wurm launcher to load, it'd just hang forever.

I restarted the computer, parked my character in a bed and called it a night. Today, after testing every character it happened on all problems have vanished, the game is working normally. My only guess is some sort of slow memory leak of some sort and a week of not shutting down/restarting my computer and running Wurm like an unapologetic addict was just too much for my machine to handle in the end.