Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Constantly missing when fighting.

4 hours ago, Corsan said:

I was going to update my Niarja, but it's saying skilldump additions aren't functioning/is down right now, won't be up for another 24 hours. I haven't updated for months.

FYI, I took it down intentionally until we knew what the new skills looked like. It's back up now.

I was fighting yesterday and I missed on a swing, please look into this problem.

I was looking through logs and saw that while commanding a cart and using a large axe, it took me 52 seconds to kill a venerable troll. That's like... 40 seconds more than it should have! Remedy this atrocity at once!

What is clear is the following:  

The current situation where weaponskill does not help you hit more, is what it is.  The thought that springs to mind is "wogic", then shrug and move on.  Does it suck? Yes. Can we do something about it?  No, unless the devs want to make this game change, it is what it is.

In terms of logic, this situation makes no sense.  If I  killed tens of thousands of mobs using a huge axe and have close to 100 skill using this particular tool of death, it stands to reason that I will be a freaking machine with that weapon.  My aim will be almost perfect and I should hit the mob every time, even if I just chop off his little toe.  I mean, with skill like that, I should arguably even be able to kill the mob using only the handle of said axe, just because skills.  The explanation that weapon skill does not influence your chance to hit more, was helpful, in the sense that it would be a great suggestion to ask that in fact, weaponskill should impact your chances to hit more.

That's one way to look at it: another is that your proficiency in handling the weapon is reflected accurately, as you are able to swing it more quickly, parry more often with it, etc.--but your actually fighting ability is reflected elsewhere.

Furthermore, when looking at your combat log, how many 'misses' do you actually see, as opposed to the mob dodging, or the blow glancing? Because I don't see very many, and I'd wager that unless you're using lol40qualityunenchantedgear, you aren't either. Honestly, I think that if the system were changed so that glancing blows dealt some fraction of damage (even just 1/50th) of the full hit, we'd see far fewer complaints like this.

16 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Honestly, I think that if the system were changed so that glancing blows dealt some fraction of damage (even just 1/50th) of the full hit, we'd see far fewer complaints like this.

Which is my point: We can focus on asking for the system to be changed.

Making weaponskill do taht would be......lets say complicated. Accuracy in wurm is entirely derived from Combat Rating so you would be wanting weaponskill to give CR and thats....yes complex.

In a roundabout way weaponskill does help, you get faster swing speeds and as such more hits as wellas parrying better so you dont get wounds that lower your CR. Issue with parry is its nothing compared to using a shield.

Edited by Nadroj

I started seeing a noticable differance a few weeks ago and complained to my alliance about it before this thread was made. The issue is that something changed recently that effected hit chance and all we are asking is if anyone else noticed or if someone could look into it. Ive had no problems with my huge axe for years and all of a sudden it constantly misses. My gear has only improved so thats not the issue.

I suppose i should probably just be the first one to say. Nothing that would affect weapon accuracy has changed recently.

• Like 1