Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Constantly missing when fighting.

Does anyone else have this issue or am i doing something wrong? ,

I am currently 98.82FS / 87 Aggressive / 97 Huge axe skill with 103 Nim on my huge axe and I can not seem to hit any target consistently. At the latest rift on Exo I barely managed to hit any target for the constant missing, Maybe 1 in 20 hits and over the last couple of days I have had instances were single normal trolls have nearly killed me because of the constant missing.

• Like 4

I've noticed it too. I thought it might be because I have relatively low skill, but I've been missing a lot more than I usually do.

• Like 1

yes troll can easy kill 70+fighter with decent LT gear this days

• Like 1

This has been an ongoing issue for quite some time. I have questioned it to many people , help channel with no real answer except RNG.

Yep, I've noticed this *missing* a lot over the past year, perhaps longer. Really disappointing to build high fighting and weapon skills over the years only to have this response of frequent *missing*. A poor attempt to make fighting "more challenging" on the Dev's part, it would seem to me. Sorry to be critical but yeah.....

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Just so people know, weapon skill doesn't change your accuracy. Chance to hit is all your CR vs opposing CR, which weapon skill doesn't affect at all.

50 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

dont fight in a large cart

also dont wear plate, huge axe still seems rather slow against them atm though

I mean....if you don't own dragon armour then yes....definitely wear plate. Trolls mauling attacks advantage against plate really doesn't offset the fact chain is just plain weaker.

Also weapons don't change speed vs different kinds of mobs O.o

Edited by Nadroj

5 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I mean....if you don't own dragon armour then yes....definitely wear plate. Trolls mauling attacks advantage against plate really doesn't offset the fact chain is just plain weaker.

Also weapons don't change speed vs different kinds of mobs O.o

Slow as in miss more, I'm using a supreme glimmersteel huge axe, I miss quite abit atm then what I'm used to. I also fair 100% better using 90ql rare studded vs 90ql rare plate for "Trolls."  Obviously scale/drake are the better choices but I really get trucked wearing plate against them for some reason.

Well there's no difference in the accuracy of each weapon unless you're talking about one that has a CR nerf like Sickle. So huge axe has the same accuracy as anything else  =/

11 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Well there's no difference in the accuracy of each weapon unless you're talking about one that has a CR nerf like Sickle. So huge axe has the same accuracy as anything else  =/

Make the sickle great again!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tamat said:

Make the sickle great again!

It has like the 3rd highest DPS in the game i think it's fine as is lol

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Just so people know, weapon skill doesn't change your accuracy. Chance to hit is all your CR vs opposing CR, which weapon skill doesn't affect at all.

What exactly is the point of raising weapon skill then, seriously curious since I always thought body strength covered damage done.

Just spent 12 hours hunting for that silly mask.  Anyway, I noticed a severe degradation in fighting when I took out a large cart as opposed to hunting on my horse.  On the cart I was missing very frequently and had to back out on several trolls that normally give me no trouble.  On my horse, no issues.  Oh, and I wore plate all day and had no real lack of success over my faithful chain set.

It might be nonsense or coincidence, but it always felt for me my toon hits more offten with any weapon when it's carry less weight

6 hours ago, Eyesgood said:

Anyway, I noticed a severe degradation in fighting when I took out a large cart as opposed to hunting on my horse.

All other things equal fighting on a cart will give you a de-buff roughly equivalent to -10 fighting skill.

The instances were i nearly died to trolls I have been on horseback in 94ql plate, After i engaged the troll my char misses every hit and sometimes you can see your axe swinging with nothing registering in the combat tab.

And at the last rift on Exo quite a few of the mobs i attacked i did not manage to land a single blow, combat tab was full of miss after miss.

9 hours ago, Kadore said:

What exactly is the point of raising weapon skill then, seriously curious since I always thought body strength covered damage done.

weapon skill is used for attack speed, parrying, targeting areas, and special moves

Nimbleness increases chances to hit. Belfezar noted he had 101 on his weapon. My 2h Sword also has very high nimbleness on it. Seems chance to hit higher difficulty mobs (noticing many *misses* even on spiders these days) is badly out of wack. A slower 2 hand weapon swings less so every miss is even more significant. Then if the weapon has LT on it this adds further significance when fighting say Trolls since their hits do so much damage and none is healed with all these excessive *misses*.

Fighting mobs in Wurm is very poorly implemented and it seems the results have degenerated over the years, which is why I mainly avoid it and just take them on when it can't be avoided. Really no fun when opening the Combat tab and watching all these *misses* or *glancing blows*. A real *yawn*, other than *perhaps* dying to Venerable Trolls if all the resulting *misses* result in no LT healing. Definitely a problem (misses) that should be significantly adjusted (reduced).

I am agreeing with Belfezar's observations and comments on this situation.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

Nimbleness at most gives +3 offensive CR it's not a huge bonus honestly.

Edited by Nadroj

Nadroj - would be awesome if you can write a manual of sorts for weapons vs CR vs casts and their effects vs armor.  I never knew half the stuff you posted here.

• Like 1

"Making sense of combat in wurm" would be a 10 volume series xD

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

"Making sense of combat in wurm" would be a 10 volume series xD

After reading volume 1 you must skip to volume 7 and then to volume 3.  Cause RNG.  Wogic.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2