Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Happy Halloween!

Killed tons of creatures yesterday. Was hunting from 11 am to ~7 pm (like a full time job...). Started at Lormere ended up in Greymead. Got 3 pads, was lucky enough to trade a pad for a mask with Robz (Thank you mate). Time to scare fellow wurmians now!

Spoiler

aj8ihJR.png

Spoiler

ofwNFEw.png

P.S. Mask looks good with a drake cap, however it looks not that good wearing common hat.

Spoiler

RC25LFd.png

I left my 5 speeder N from Greymead, near The Fortress - settings open for public use.

At the rate we are all killing critters, we are going to need daily server reboots to repopulate the mobs! :lol:

• Like 1

61 Trolls.. and on Indy that's a lot of hunting. No mask. Dorian even killed a champ troll (we were both fighting, he got kill shot) and no mask.3

RNG can kiss my .....

• Like 1

Took me several hours to get two shoulders and a mask. Exodus was quite picked over, but I managed to find enough critters to kill. Also got some nice skill points and had sleep bonus burning the entire time.

I know how it works, but I was amused that my two shoulder pads came back-to-back from wolves of all things. :)

The mask came after countless trolls...

Fun fact though - creatures don't really deplete like we think they do. Even I was starting to wonder if we were going to put a huge enough dent in things. Spawning happens at a pretty regular frequency based on the creature counts. That's why even though this event has been going on, the creature graphs haven't really shown much of an impact. 

creatures-week.png

This actually shows a tiny uptick since Thursday for Exodus.

The key is to move around a lot to find more. If the area you're in feels pretty devoid of creatures, try to move a few locals in any other direction and hunt there for a bit. Then move back. Also recall that creatures have a preferred spawn tile and (if I recall) a reduced chance to spawn near deeds and highways! Getting out into the wilderness is key.

Seriously, i spent two WHOLE days hunting. Over 16 hours hunting. I attacked every troll I found. I went places that had no roads, just to find them. Sixty eight trolls in 16 hours, and nothing.

I feel like this was a joke. 

Yea, I'm pissed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Seriously, i spent two WHOLE days hunting. Over 16 hours hunting. I attacked every troll I found. I went places that had no roads, just to find them. Sixty eight trolls in 16 hours, and nothing.

Yea, I'm pissed.

Went to the desert south of glasshollow where there are crocs, scorps and more. There werent too many trolls but there were a handful. Lots of kills between 2 of us. We were mowing through them for a few hours. Not a single shoulder pad. I dont like the sound of getting to 16h with still no drops. 

I do understand the need to keep these things limited. Wouldnt want a single individual walking away with 20 pads. But I might have one more play session between now and the end of the event and I hope to get something to commemorate it. 

I do really like this event though as it gives a real good reason to get off the deed and do something different. Also, I do enjoy hunting, but as of late Ive been feeling that there isnt much need to go hunt as I have gathered more than enough supplies to last me years. This gave me a good excuse to sharpen my weapon and go out for some good old fashioned slaying. Best of all, I got to do it on my schedule (unlike unique slayings or rifts which i can never attend).

I would love to see more of this type of system implemented into every day Wurm. This halloween I am feeling too much stress about having to spend 16h more before the weeks end to potentially see one pad, or worse, nothing at all.

12 hours ago, ChampagneDragon said:

Yea, I'm pissed.

That is a lot of trolls and some of my friends share the same sentiment, its all RNG, 33 before my first then then next 15 trolls 2 more mask's, the pumpkin pads seem to be roughly 1/100 kills, but I tend to kill the non agro stuff as well when im out and about.

Just keep slaying those trolls, you will get your mask eventually, and look on the bright side, you are getting all that fight skill from it.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

That is a lot of trolls and some of my friends share the same sentiment, its all RNG, 33 before my first then then next 15 trolls 2 more mask's, the pumpkin pads seem to be roughly 1/100 kills, but I tend to kill the non agro stuff as well when im out and about.

Just keep slaying those trolls, you will get your mask eventually, and look on the bright side, you are getting all that fight skill from it.

So 48 and you have three masks. 68 and I have none. 

Seems right. Whyever would I be ticked?.

• Like 1

by the way... do the shoulders/masks drop on the corpse of the mob...or do they pop into my inventory when the mob dies?

9 minutes ago, McGarnicle said:

by the way... do the shoulders/masks drop on the corpse of the mob...or do they pop into my inventory when the mob dies?

They pop into your inventory and you see an event message like  [18:58:25] Flunky picks up a pumpkin shoulder pad from the corpse.

Update: went on a similar hunt as last night and got 3 pads. Two dropped off crocs and the other dropped off a scorpion. Was just unlucky the first run i guess.

Masks seem to be pretty hard to get, they might have the same drop rate as the shoulders but trolls are harder to find. I have a lot of shoulders so far but i only managed to get a single mask in 3 days of hunting.

I don.t mind it though, I like it that it takes a while to get them instead of just having them handed out to everyone.. I wouldn't mind if they could turn rare/supreme/fantastic with an even smaller chance..

4 days still when you can get them.. start killing creatures people.. as you've seen the animal numbers are still high..

Also worth noting that the troll masks can take damage while fighting. Didn't somebody recently say that the decorative masks shouldn't, or did I imagine that?

well you really should not be blocking attacks with just your face =p

this morning 1 troll, 1 mask

4 hours ago, faty said:

Masks seem to be pretty hard to get, they might have the same drop rate as the shoulders but trolls are harder to find. I have a lot of shoulders so far but i only managed to get a single mask in 3 days of hunting.

I don.t mind it though, I like it that it takes a while to get them instead of just having them handed out to everyone.. I wouldn't mind if they could turn rare/supreme/fantastic with an even smaller chance..

4 days still when you can get them.. start killing creatures people.. as you've seen the animal numbers are still high..

Troll masks have a higher drop rate since they're only from one mob, we thought about that! 

Also, each creature killed will still cause a respawn, you won't see numbers dropping (though if you check the creature counts neutral creatures has gone up, likely as a result of this)

While they do still take damage, these masks can be repaired 

this is the thread to blame ping complain about the drop?

non prem at momeny, probably that make it even harder if drops

Edited by tamat

So, what? No frequent, random zombie attacks?? What's Halloween without zombies all over the servers looking for brains....oh wait, just answered my own question.

Happy Halloween!

Sign in to follow this