Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Happy Halloween!

halloween.png

It’s that spooky time of year, and we have treats! (Tricks were also planned, but Enki got a little carried away, and we felt that letting loose a plague of champion Nogumps riding raging worgs with greenish drakespirits behind them was a little too chaotic)

This halloween period (from 28th October until the 4th of November) there will be some extra spooky drops from various creatures across the lands of Wurm!

The super stylish Pumpkin shoulder pads can be found from almost all mobs, with the difficulty of the mob affecting your chances of receiving it.

The menacing troll mask can only be found from trolls.

Champions and more difficult mobs increase your chances, and these are limited items only available during this period, so get out there, and get hunting!

And most importantly, have a safe and happy Halloween!

-The Wurm team

• Like 10

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Enki got a little carried away, and we felt that letting loose a plague of champion Nogumps riding raging worgs with greenish drakespirits behind them was a little too chaotic)

That would be intense and unsure if it'd be more fun fighting or watching

Enki got a little carried away, and we felt that letting loose a plague of champion Nogumps riding raging worgs with greenish drakespirits behind them was a little too chaotic)

43 minutes ago, Bloodscythe said:

That would be intense and unsure if it'd be more fun fighting or watching

I'd think a little of both.  =)

• Like 1

Great addition to the halloween event!!! I'll have to sharpen my sword and gear up my horse...time to go off deed for some hunting fun!

• Like 1

I literally kid you not... seriously, I wish I was kidding...

Been killing from 18:58 -> 21:35 (seriously killing, a few radnom mobs before that), here is the body-count-list (yeah, I went through my eventlog :p):

• Crocs: 28
  • Wolf: 11
  • Trolls: 7
  • Scorps: 42
  • Hell scorps: 5
  • Lions: 2
  • Black bear: 25
  • Brown bear: 3
  • Cave bug: 12
  • Anaconda: 7
  • Spider: 12
  • Rats: 7
  • Hellhound: 1
  • Lava fiend: 8
  • Lava spider: 7

Total kills: 177

Shoulder pads: 0

Masks: 0 (ok, this one isnt to strange, since I only killed 7 trolls)

Seriously, should I make a bug report? XD I know RNG can screw people over, but I havent had it this bad in wurm in the 8-9years I'm playing :D

I'm done killing for today, but I'll be back tomorrow, tho I'm running low on agros here on indy...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

I literally kid you not... seriously, I wish I was kidding...

Been killing from 18:58 -> 21:35 (seriously killing, a few radnom mobs before that), here is the body-count-list (yeah, I went through my eventlog :p):

• Crocs: 28
  • Wolf: 11
  • Trolls: 7
  • Scorps: 42
  • Hell scorps: 5
  • Lions: 2
  • Black bear: 25
  • Brown bear: 3
  • Cave bug: 12
  • Anaconda: 7
  • Spider: 12
  • Rats: 7
  • Hellhound: 1
  • Lava fiend: 8
  • Lava spider: 7

Total kills: 177

Shoulder pads: 0

Masks: 0 (ok, this one isnt to strange, since I only killed 7 trolls)

Seriously, should I make a bug report? XD I know RNG can screw people over, but I havent had it this bad in wurm in the 8-9years I'm playing :D

I'm done killing for today, but I'll be back tomorrow, tho I'm running low on agros here on indy...

Well you must be a lucky guy, or this features has been tested as much as the other things which they publish and then don't work at all.

• Like 1

I killed two wolves and obtained a pumpkin shoulder pad. I should go buy a real life lottery ticket

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 5

I got my first  2 pads and a mask in less than 30 minutes

Edited by KillerSpike

*sigh*

I did get a golden "Crocodile Dundee" achievement and 2s in rare coins, guess I cant complain to much :P

Edit: And meh, I boosted the wurm economy a bit, bought two sets. But I'm definatly hunting again tomorrow, simply because I'm curious at how many "agros killed" my luck will turn.

Edited by Lycanthropic

2 masks and 3 shoulderpads idk how many mobs but definetly under 177 :P

4 minutes ago, Lycanthropic said:

*sigh*

I did get a golden "Crocodile Dundee" achievement and 2s in rare coins, guess I cant complain to much :P

Well I definitely didn't get either one of those.

Champions and more difficult mobs increase your chances, and these are limited items only available during this period, so get out there, and get hunting!

confirmed, lol =)

[16:29:33] The venerable angry kyklops is dead. R.I.P.
[16:29:33] The venerable angry kyklops has been slain.
[16:29:33] You loot a pumpkin shoulder pad from the corpse.
[16:29:33] Rocklobstar picks up a pumpkin shoulder pad from the corpse.

[19:09:37] Spooky, scary shoulder pads. They send shivers down your spine.
[19:09:37] You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'The .e.erabl. .n.r. kyk.ops'.

Edited by Rocklobstar
  • Like 4

21 trolls , 8 spiders,  16 wolfs , 6 hell puppys ,  9 cats , a few sheep and bulls , dozen hell horses .

Ended up with 2s 5c only, still good in my books ..

Bear in mind that the chances scale with the difficulty of a mob, you'll be killing hundreds of wolves for one, but fewer champion scorpions! 

29 Trolls and countless mobs (seriously, two satchels full of eyes, one of charcoal, and another part with various bits) and three shoulder pads, no mask. 31c also. Killed crocs, scorpions, hellhounds galore, bears, cows, hellhorses, spiders, lava spiders, lava fiends, pigs, a couple seals, and even a couple pheasants just in case...

If anyone is looking for a quiet, safe place to settle down, my area of Celebration is now the perfect spot, as it's completely devoid of mobs. I killed everything on this side of Salsa Straight and not a single Halloween drop. I am soo tired of combat now :) Had enough for months. All you lucky people... Time to sleep.

Edited by Valdor

Is this enabled on Chaos?

Them eagles spirits haven't dropped anything yet.

I killed a ton of animals too no freedom and I didn't get anything... not even a rare coin, lol.

The drop chances should have been higher and the rewards limited to 1 mask and 2 shoulder pads per premium account.

Edited by Bittereinder

I love Wurm RNG. Yesterday killed more than 100+ mobs with no drops, today I got a shoulder pad on the first kill (Brown Bear).

[13:55:46] Bittereinder picks up a troll mask from the corpse.

Together with the no son of a troll gold achievement...

Sign in to follow this