Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Please give us back the old wooden mine door - at least as an option

With the fresh update the wooden mine door has changed. The new model will look nice when using in setups like a trapdoor, but with a stretched model it is out of place on a rockface.

Please allow us to also use the old wooden mine door on setups where it is not in a city setting - that looks much more in place there.

https://imgur.com/a/UWMwD

EDIT: I could not embed the link now for some strange reason.

EDIT2: a NOT was missing ...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 7

The issue is always going to be that.  If you make something designed to only be 30 height and detail it beautifully for that height.  It's going to look like someone turned it into laffy taffy and stretched it out at anything above 45ish.  

Some of them seem to fair well more than others.  I'm sure you'll get used to the new one in time.

• Like 1

My main concern is that now we have no mine doors which would optically fit to a mine which is not a fancy city mine entrance but a sturdy industrial feel.

• Like 2

What i don't understand..why do they have to remove the old models..why not have both..the old and the new and i am  not talking just about the mine doors but other stuff they added and removed old models..

• Like 3

I liked the old model. Jaz is right. I'd love even more options too.

16 hours ago, Jonydowy said:

What i don't understand..why do they have to remove the old models..why not have both..the old and the new and i am  not talking just about the mine doors but other stuff they added and removed old models..

The idea has always been to reduce lag, and having less models achieves this; example is the old boat skins, where there was a different one for every woodtype, now there is only a singular one.

• Like 1