Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

New paving - Paths

I was out in the wilds hunting and thinking about highways and old single wide cobble paths that you find all over the wilderness, paths are useful but a cobble path just seems too industrial. I thought it might be nice to have a new paving option for a single wide type path, not everything needs to be a highway that may fit in more naturally. My artist skills are non-existent so pay no heed to the blobs in my diagrams. What I had in mind is 2 paving styles, the straight path with a corner turn and a diagonal path that can lead off a straight path. The red star indicates where you would need to stand to when paving each type. The paving on the path itself could have a few options, gravel, sand, dirt and maybe a flag stone type. As for the green area, it can be the same as we have now with corner paving, where the 'unpaved' part of the tile adopts the tile texture next to it, where it could be grass, sand, dirt.

Gj843Rv.png

5e0IKDO.png

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, armyskin said:

So it would only pave a narrow strip down the middle of a tile?

That is the idea, roughly 1/3rd of the total tile width.

My turd drawings don't really show how nice it could look.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

Just now, Beastwolf said:

RIP MS paint :( .... you will be missed

I totally used PAINT 3D!

Still didn't make me an artist though. 8(

• Like 1

That's a wee bit complex.  Why not just have the default creation of the path create a small tile of the paving in the middle, then apply a shovel and select the shape?  Much easier on the server!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

That's a wee bit complex.  Why not just have the default creation of the path create a small tile of the paving in the middle, then apply a shovel and select the shape?  Much easier on the server!

I love this idea

I always missed a small path option from Wurm - I even had the mad idea that server could lay down path automatically where a lot of players / animals pass a bit similar like how they now pack the tiles.

I would anyway seriously love a path option - gravels are too wide currently.

• Like 1

Don't take this the wrong way, but +1

Not sure to what extent "pave nearest side" would work, kind of like we do corner.  Probably wouldn't, but just a thought.  (might not give a rough enough look)

Adding wood chips to paving options for paths would be cool too.

stone curbs option if at all possible.  Or log border.  Or beam border.  Or not. :ph34r:

• Like 1

+1 this would be nice. and the ability to change the path with shovel (to turn go straight or option to use current all tile option) sounds like an intresting idea. + possibly a much nicer way to grind paving than packing dirt and cultivating it over and over XD