Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

two suggestionsto help players

I have two suggestions that are similar, so decided to put them in one post.

First, how about a sound when the timer finishes, to help alert us it is time for the next action.  All too often I forget to look and see the timer has finished an hour ago,and  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  And put it in with the ambient sounds, not with the musical sounds, many of us have that shut off.

Second, when we  have less than a week prem time or the village has less than 30 days upkeep, how about a message that repeats every 20-30 minutes, instead of just once when you log in.  The message often gets lost in the other messages and we don't see it.  With a repeating message like the ones for ingame issues, we get more chances to see there is a problem with our village or accounts.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

First, how about a sound when the timer finishes, to help alert us it is time for the next action.  All too often I forget to look and see the timer has finished an hour ago,and  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  And put it in with the ambient sounds, not with the musical sounds, many of us have that shut off.

wurm assist

48 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

Second, when we  have less than a week prem time or the village has less than 30 days upkeep, how about a message that repeats every 20-30 minutes, instead of just once when you log in.  The message often gets lost in the other messages and we don't see it.  With a repeating message like the ones for ingame issues, we get more chances to see there is a problem with our village or accounts.

that is crazy spam, lol

• Like 1

Jake, I'd rather have something ingame than have to use an additional program like Wurm Assist.  Be honest, it does the things that have not been integrated into Wurm (yet).  As to the crazy spam, you at least get a better warning of 1 week left of prem time and when the village has less than 30 days upkeep, and you can get rid of the messages by fixing the issue.  I'm also sure it could be set as a toggleable action, so you don't have to see it if you don't want to.

• Like 1

Yes I know many would love to see the features ingame that wurm assist has, but it is not always possible, just pointing out that we already have an option for timers tailored to work in the game already. Your post makes it sound like there is nothing already there that full fills your request. You could even set up a trigger to alert you about deed upkeep getting low with wurm assist and you can get an alert through twitter if you activate the twitter feature your deed has built in already.

I don't and won't use twitter.  Social apps are the bane of modern society.  Remember, when something like that is "free", you aren't the customer, you are the product.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vroomfondel said:

I don't and won't use twitter.  Social apps are the bane of modern society.  Remember, when something like that is "free", you aren't the customer, you are the product.

If you don't want to use the tools wurm has already provided, I really don't know what more they can do.

Making them ingame tools instead of external apps would do it.  I know enough about programming to know it is possible, it just may be hard to figure out.  And that is their job, isn't it?  Also, Wurm Assistant is NOT a program made by the Wurm staff, it is made by a player.  I'd rather have staff made items I can use ingame.  I don't see your problem with this, I said it could be made toggleable, so you can turn them off and keep using your workarounds.

• Like 1

I meant to the use of twitter for your deed alerts.

Having a twitter account does not mean you are buying into whatever idea you have for twitter, its a tool that you can use, nothing more.

It is a tool for those trying to influence you, as evidenced by every politician, celebrity, news station, or organization.  The personal uses it has do not outweigh the being used by others to me.  Using the program would mean I condone what it is used for by those groups, and I will not do that.  I don't want to argue with you about this, just accept that is my feeling about twitter and let it go.

• Like 1

+1.

for the reason you mentioned vroom, i dont use wurm assist either (never figured how to install the bloody thing and it annoyed me. i want to play wurm not install wizards, and to install and set it all up, then keep it running for just one feature of it is a waste of memory) and lets just remain polite and say i will never have a twitter account.

I gotta side with @JakeRiverson this one.  There are a number of tools available.  If you don't like them, mark them on your calendar in your house, or use a sticky note.

On another note, entirely.... you can access your deed info panel, anywhere while online.  If you can't plan with this tool, I think you should just stop.....everything.

Edited by Tallios