Can I ask a question about referrals? Does this update mean that people buying premium for the first time through the website will be the only ones who get referrals, or are they going altogether?

I'm looking forward to seeing the wagoners and surprises! ^-^

Hoping to see some good documentation on the new valrei system when it's released as it's looking like it may be quite a bit different from the old one.

Yesterday the Epic Cluser had 64 people logged in when I looked. At similar times before the announcement, the cluster averaged 15 people total. Thats over 400% player count increase. I dont know about you guys, but that looks like an increase in total Wurm population to me. And the transfer hasn't happened yet.

Good job devs!

32 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Yesterday the Epic Cluser had 64 people logged in when I looked. At similar times before the announcement, the cluster averaged 15 people total. Thats over 400% player count increase. I dont know about you guys, but that looks like an increase in total Wurm population to me. And the transfer hasn't happened yet.

Good job devs!

So you're saying we just keep teasing this update and never release it and that'll keep numbers up? Might actually give me time to finish everything. Hmm good idea.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Zenity said:

The problems isn't that the map resets didn't work, the problems is that the map resets didn't actually change anything substantial on Epic, it was mostly a cosmetic change which didn't alter the underlying game on Epic at all.

There was a substantial change that occurred when Elevation map was reset. From talking to older Epic players who played on Old Elevation, they often mentioned accidentally bumping into people which in turn led to some pretty intense accidental PVP.

With the map reset the Elevation map was drastically sized up leading to much larger buffer zones between opposing kingdoms. Accidental meet-ups became much more rare and the time players need to invest to get PVP went up. 

The map reset was one change, the map size change was another one. Possibly the more flat terrain of the new map also played a role. 

Overall, from everything I can tell, the map size change had a dramatic impact in terms of PVP and this in turn dramatically impacted population growth in a negative way for core PVP players at least.

Edited by Nappy
  • Like 4

@Retrograde

If you had affinites in Turrets and Artifacts - what happens to them when the skills are renamed to arch and restoration?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Budda said:

So you're saying we just keep teasing this update and never release it and that'll keep numbers up? Might actually give me time to finish everything. Hmm good idea.

and thus, soon™ was invented.

1 hour ago, Nappy said:

Possibly the more flat terrain of the new map also played a role

Flatness is probably about the same as old elevation.  Just old ele had a steady downslope going south.  I know people like to say flat maps are boring and chokepoints give things to fight over... but a flat map makes it easier to travel and find people.  It also gives more ways to escape yes but on the old map I'd hunt and wander in jk/kos/bl areas a lot because I was able to enter anywhere and leave anywhere.  This map, you gotta build a bridge, which gives you exactly one travel point, which means people can just sit there waiting for you or wall it off.  This means not going at all.  Chokepoints on land also mean often having to use alternative routes which adds travel time.  One time I tried hota on chaos before hell horses and rare gear and all that, going from sw mr to hota, doing hota, and back took like 3 hours, that was a total no from me

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Budda said:

Sounds like a prom night date!

Just as a FYI: if you turn undressed female toons to halfnaked in a bikini I WILL RIOT and indeed go down to Motala.

Spoiler

34tevs1.jpg

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

Just as a FYI: if you turn undressed female toons to halfnaked in a bikini I WILL RIOT and indeed go down to Motala.

Reveal hidden contents

34tevs1.jpg

when you buying a ticket.. cuz as far as my eyes see you are half naked in an amazon sorta bikini!!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cecci said:

That's not me.

Are you sure? I thought that is where you were standing all the time during the impalong!

^_^

Normal premium price is still too much imo, gonna sit this one out.

3 hours ago, Cecci said:

Reveal hidden contents

34tevs1.jpg

I swear that's a bug!

click me

• Like 2

On 27/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Russwoods said:

I like all of the new stuff, And I am very grateful for all of the work you guys are doing, So please keep it up, But I would like to know when are the animal cages going to come for I would love to increase my farm with some more animals and build a zoo, But I still love all of the work you guys are doing. So be well and blessed my fellow wurmians

On 27/10/2017 at 4:31 PM, Vannin said:

Yes, the animal cages, what's happened to those?

On 27/10/2017 at 9:46 PM, Gylnne said:

"Wonders what happen to animal crates/cages."

Any news on the animal tranportation crates/cages? Abandonded, delayed, forgotten, imminent? :huh:

Work on them is still ongoing, as we stated in a previous news, nothing has changed from there

Thanks Retro, hadn't been a mention for a while and I think there's a fair few players eagerly awaiting this one. Cheers for the update. :D

Might i suggest that when people buy WU from steam that it comes with a key that gives them one free month of WO. This might encourage people to come try the online version of the game. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kegan said:

Might i suggest that when people buy WU from steam that it comes with a key that gives them one free month of WO. This might encourage people to come try the online version of the game. 

Being able to buy 1 month for 2 silvers is pretty good incentive to try this game out, don't think a 'free' month is needed. You can make a box of bricks and sell it to pay for that easy enough or just forage/hunt a few silvers.