header.png

“There are basically two kinds of people in this world.  The living people, and the dead people.  So what the hell is that?” - Sir Wheatley at the abandoned village of Trese

Save the date!

Today we are  nearing the very end of the wait until the launch of the major update, including the valrei overhaul, epic skill system, transfers, wagoner, and a few more things! What are they? You'll just have to wait and see… On November 2nd

That’s right, we’re getting ready for the major launch next week and it is going to be huge, incase you've missed anything coming we have

• Two new skills - Archaeology and Restoration
  • Really cool wagoners
  • Overhaul of the Valrei system
  • Launching of the new Epic skill system
  • Lots of tweaks, balances and fixes
  • More Additions and Surprises you’ll have to wait and see, K?.

That's not all though, there's a ton of minor changes, fixes, and balances coming out with the update too, and we'll be including all of those on the launch of the patch notes.

Premium adjustments

One thing we'll be introducing with this update is a few new options to premium purchases ingame.

First time  premium cost Ingame for new players

Currently, purchasing premium from the shop or ingame gives the same bonuses, with a referral and 2 silvers cash back for your first time purchase.

We’ll be adjusting this system so that if your first purchase of premium is from in-game it will only cost a total of 2 silvers, however you will not receive any of the referral or cash back bonuses.

This means that the initial hurdle of earning first time premium is reduced drastically, and while they don't get the referral and 2 silvers, they can earn future coins as a premium player, as opposed to needing to earn 10 silvers as a non premium.

Purchasing first time premium from the shop will still give the referral and 2 silvers back, along with the usual sleep powders.

Please note - This only applies to your first time purchase, if you purchase your first time premium from a token you cannot get a referral when purchasing from the shop later.

15 day premium option

We'll also be introducing an option to purchase 15 days of premium from a token for 5 silver. Meaning if you don't have the full month to play, or cannot find a referral, you can still buy in small increments!

We hope these make it a bit more flexible for both starting out and paying your way ingame.

Valrei showdown

So with the addition of the new valrei system, fights between gods will be a lot more interesting! When gods meet, they will duke it out in a smaller board, and you can review old fights to see how they went!

NaughtyNippyBichonfrise-size_restricted.

This was taken prior to the removal of the player gods from the board, so ignore nathan, he did not fare well in the fight.

Libila is quite the powerhouse, with strong range and spell abilities, though a little weak in melee, the other gods all have their strengths and weaknesses too

Community Content

This weeks community content is the Summerholt Fall Festival!

The NEXA alliance has been hard at work preparing for an awesome festival, with games and competitions, and of course, imping!

One competition is already underway (an awesome idea might I add) and may be filled at the time of posting this, but that doesn't mean there's not lots more to do, including a horse race, musical chairs, and more!

The event runs from the 10th of November until the 12th and you can check out the full details here:

We'll be busy this week as we get it all in order, and we're definitely as excited as you all are (maybe even more so!). I know you're all keen to get your hands on these changes, but until November 2nd, you'll just have to keep on Wurming!

Oh, and have a spooky halloween! 

Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 16

first

Save the date!

Today we are  nearing the very end of the wait until the launch of the major update, including the valrei overhaul, epic skill system, transfers, wagoner, and a few more things! What are they? You'll just have to wait and see… On November 2nd

WORLDSTAR IM ON HOLIDAY

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 6

Is this the date for skill transfer from epic to freedom also?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gregory said:

Hey I have stormtrooper aim!

We even have a clip of you!

• Like 2

Great! But nothing about skill transfer to freedom? Same day?

• Like 1

Major update on my birthday, good choice, since I'll be going out for a big steak dinner and hopefully any issues are fixed by next day :ph34r:

This could be a very messy update, archaeology sounds interesting, will definitely travel to Indy and Deli and look up some old deed locations. On the other hand the whole Epic transfer is a huge mess, and nothing good can come out of it, just hope it doesn't do too much harm and we will end up with even less players.

21 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

On the other hand the whole Epic transfer is a huge mess, and nothing good can come out of it, just hope it doesn't do too much harm and we will end up with even less players.

Eh? Less players? You stand to regain a fair few players not bloody lose them!

2 minutes ago, Firestarter said:

Eh? Less players? You stand to regain a fair few players not bloody lose them!

Think everyone thought the map reset would do the same thing.  I hope you are right though.

1 minute ago, Pashka said:

Think everyone thought the map reset would do the same thing.  I hope you are right though.

I know 5 people in my town that are waiting to come back and play on freedom. And thats a small town.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pashka said:

The map reset destroyed years worth of building, terraforming, breeding etc, so it's fairly logical that you'd see a pretty sizeable drop-off from that. At least with this transfer there's an "out" of sorts on offer alongside some massive changes to the cluster, so you can continue to enjoy the game in a rather similar way without being too affected by it all.

All I'm saying is this is not the first time that folks have said everyone will be coming back.  It brought a few back to test then it dropped off again with a larger drop off than if nothing had changed in the first place.

That's spooky. I'm not sure if it will do the trick, but if not we will just have to hold out for a treat :)

15 minutes ago, Pashka said:

All I'm saying is this is not the first time that folks have said everyone will be coming back.  It brought a few back to test then it dropped off again with a larger drop off than if nothing had changed in the first place.

I'm not sure that this is what anyone is saying.

The Elevation reset did bring players back for a while, which says to me that the issues were nothing to do with the Elevation map itself, since things on Epic did pick up for a while. Similarly the new map for Affliction did bring players back, for a while.

The problems isn't that the map resets didn't work, the problems is that the map resets didn't actually change anything substantial on Epic, it was mostly a cosmetic change which didn't alter the underlying game on Epic at all.

This is a different update, it does change the underlying mechanics of the game, at least in part, with further changes pencilled in later. So some of us are being optimistic perhaps, but it's a start, and in the short term I anticipate that number on Epic will indeed rise, partly from old players returning, a process which has already begun before the update is even live, and of course the possibility that Freedom players can now try Epic without having to begin anew as a fresh character.

Like Firestarter says, the skill transfer give Epic players a chance to play on Freedom without having to start a new character, in a similar way to Freedom players trying Epic, the total number of players is unlikely to be affected by that, since a player moving from Epic to Freedom does not change the actual number of players on Wurm overall, just shifts some from one cluster to another.

Ultimately this update for Epic allows more flexibility in how we as players use our various characters over the entire game, rather than having characters 'trapped' on one cluster or another.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Most loyal and active Epic players voted No for an Elevation map reset, this was a bad idea back then with only 64% of the votes being yes.

Affliction reset on the other hand was a huge succes with 90%+ Yes votes, this server had the biggest epic population eventually.

• Like 2

I like all of the new stuff, And I am very grateful for all of the work you guys are doing, So please keep it up, But I would like to know when are the animal cages going to come for I would love to increase my farm with some more animals and build a zoo, But I still love all of the work you guys are doing. So be well and blessed my fellow wurmians

• Like 1

So looking forward to the new skills! But--it's the 27th and still no spooky oak trees? :(

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

first purchase of premium is from in-game it will only cost a total of 2 silvers

YES, this is something that will indeed help retain newer players! 

• Like 3

Looking forward to this

spookley3.jpg

Credits go to Firestarter, who grows them in his too_well_locked garden!!

When do we get some nice spooky treats? (and threats)  :P

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

Most loyal and active Epic players voted No for an Elevation map reset, this was a bad idea back then with only 64% of the votes being yes.

Affliction reset on the other hand was a huge succes with 90%+ Yes votes, this server had the biggest epic population eventually.

The problem with player votes is that special interest groups can really skew the results with the use of alt accounts and really should not be used to make big decisions such as this.

23 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

The problem with player votes is that special interest groups can really skew the results with the use of alt accounts and really should not be used to make big decisions such as this.

Indeed, this happened with Ele reset :(

And now we stuck with this shitmap, ah well, at least affliction is around

Is the Animal Husbandry skill getting changed on Epic like Meditation, such that the skill checked for how many creatures one can care for is the curved skill, not the actual skill?

(I'm not sure if there are any other skills like that on Epic, but it would be nice if they were all fixed.)

2 hours ago, Russwoods said:

I like all of the new stuff, And I am very grateful for all of the work you guys are doing, So please keep it up, But I would like to know when are the animal cages going to come for I would love to increase my farm with some more animals and build a zoo, But I still love all of the work you guys are doing. So be well and blessed my fellow wurmians

Yes, the animal cages, what's happened to those?

• Like 1