Sign in to follow this  
Alendhor

Issues with stills

There is a definite problem with the mechanics of using a still. I understand that the distilling process takes time, so I have to ask myself why there is no way to stock a still with sufficient fuel to last for longer than 1-2 hours. While I enjoy playing Wurm, there's really no way that I, or most players, can realistically be expected to remain in game 24/7, no matter how much I may or may not want to. Just as unrealistic is the expectation that players are able to log in every 1-2 hours to keep a still fueled. I think it's odd that forges and ovens will stay fueled for many hours, even though most activities using it only last for a short period (not including mass impings and grinding, of course), but a still which, by nature, must remain lit for a very long time burns out very quickly.

So, my suggestion is that a still be coded so that it will remain lit for a longer period of time when properly fueled, such as 10-12 hours. This would allow for real-life necessities such as work :(, sleep (I know, I know...sleep is for the weak...), going out to a movie or dinner, and all the other mundane nuisances we play Wurm to get away from.

• Like 2

When distilling 92ql booze most of my 80ql stills kick out 89ql product, this is annoying as well.

+1 alen. stills seem to burn thru fuel faster or not stock up as much. and jake... imp your still for better ql result

+1

I don't mind them taking forever, but let me fuel them up for a reasonable time compared to the output.

• Like 1

+1 fire last ridiculously short time when fully fueled even at higher qualities...