Sign in to follow this  
Perihelion

Looking for a location to build an Inn

Greetings Xanaduians! 

My brother AJWhitewolf and I are currently working towards opening an Inn of our own, and we are looking for the right location.

We are still very new, we have been around for just a few months. In that time, we established a campsite (Peri's Camping) just east of Greymead which, when we moved on, we opened up to the public and which is now home to other new Wurmians working their way through their first steps.  We then moved into the mountains to the north of Greymead, near to the shore, and we have established our first actual Settlement, Exodus Prime, which is so named because we consider it our staging area for a long, and permanent, exit from the Greymead area.  We have thoroughly enjoyed the relative peace and quiet of the Wilderness, but we're just about ready to embark on our quest to make our mark on the land of Xanadu.

wurm.20171024.2318_2.png

Our Corbita is nearly finished, our skills are generally high enough that we can live just about anywhere, and we feel that we have enough know-how to at least be able to get started.

What we don't have, unfortunately, is very much area knowledge beyond those surrounding Greymead, and we don't know very much about where the most active settlements are, where the most road traffic happens, that sort of thing, so I just figured, why not ask?

We imagine that our ideal location would be somewhere in between two or more very active areas, right off of the highway, where travellers can rest, buy a drink and a plate of chips, and relax for a little while.  We also would prefer to have easy access to one or more breweries so that we can open up some business relationships and be able to offer a variety of options to our patrons.

Alternatively, if there are any settlements which need an Inn and have the patronage to support one, we're open to that as well.  If anyone has any information which can help us find our perfect spot, please don't hesitate to let me know!  You can reply here or PM me in-game, I'm on almost every day.

Edited by Perihelion
uncancelled
  • Like 3

Bah, do what you want to do. If you have the idea to build an inn then do it. 

?

I'm building one in the middle of nowhere (o20), if I get no visitors then fine, but it gives me a theme for my deed. 

If I get one person needing shelter, even if it's just to grab some of the free food and healing supplies I will leave out, then it's worth it to me. I've already had someone buy some cheap tools from my innkeeper merchant. I'm widening the roads to and from the inn too. 

Just go with your plan, sure change them if you change your mind, or if you have to have people renting rooms to make it work, but go with what you want. 

I picked a location in the middle of nowhere as Less deeds and people might need a temp stop off. But mainly as I liked the spot and the inn is also my workshop/home. 

• Like 1

I love the idea! Xanadu is massive and what I see is that this size of server really needs inns for travelers to stay. I love traveling and do it occasionally and I would love to visit all these inns across Xanadu. Hours and hours of travelling can be exhausting and whenever I visit Rift sites I hold on to a hope that someday we would have many active inns across the land, where I can securely put my character to rest and not lose my horse along the way. So hold on to your dream, it's most splendid and it will most likely serve Xanadian community. :) 

• Like 2

Wow folks, all righty then!  

My first instinct, and due to a suggestion from another Wurmian, is to be easily accessible to Summerholt/NEXA, a highway, and the coast.  If there are any active breweries/wineries in the area, as well as farms, please give me a buzz!  We will certainly be wanting to develop relationships with suppliers, so I'm happy to get that process started now.

One thing that I want to note is that I am an extremely active player and I would very likely be tending bar or cooking for a large portion of each and every day.  I want to talk to people, get to know the Wurmians who travel these amazingly beautiful lands such as Kadmint.  That is ultimately my dream here in Wurm :)

Thanks again for everyone's input, and please feel free to keep it coming!  We are still a ways from completing the Corbita, so we're probably looking at a few weeks before we set off for whatever location we wind up choosing, but we're making great progress!

By Nahjo's grace,

- Perihelion

Quick Update:  After being contacted by a potential supplier, I have begun making contacts wherever I can, which is helping with this preliminary planning stage immensely.  With a response this rapid, I feel much more confident that my brother and I can make this dream a reality, as well as offering all of you a comfortable place to eat, drink, and be merry :)

By Nahjo's grace,

- Perihelion

• Like 1

Good to hear it. 

I'm much more casual than you so I'm afraid my food might not be as high class. ? 

I do have a neighbour who is going to be making wine and beverages to sell at the inn and hopefully our upcoming market. 

Let me know when you settle and feel free to drop me a message to trade ideas for our inns and what we can both offer. Maybe we can even link via a highway one day. Xanadu inn trail lol. 

I think the plan for my inn is more of a Travelers refuge. Food/drink though more of the filling you up stuff than anything fancy hehe. Healing supplies, tools and other essentials to enable you to start out or replenish if you have lost some stuff. Will be free options in racks/chests and paid on a merchant(s). Also planning a link to a friend's deed and market. So more links the better. 

I think you'll be a bit far from my location, but I'd suggest as you said on a road though a distance from populated areas. A crossroads inn or something. 

Keep me updated. Maybe we should have an inns of Xanadu thread lol. An inn symbol marked on the Xanadu map? Despite my casual nature I'm excited about my plans and yours. Many drunk Xanadians in the future. ?

• Like 1

I have a - partially - finished deed at E-20, where I plan to build an underground inn at some point. If you feel like building an inn over there, feel free to PM me, so we can set up a working schedule, as well as the apropriate rights.

Thorin :)

3 hours ago, Thorinoakshield said:

I have a - partially - finished deed at E-20, where I plan to build an underground inn at some point. If you feel like building an inn over there, feel free to PM me, so we can set up a working schedule, as well as the apropriate rights.

Thorin :)

That is very near one of the areas we are currently scouting, actually.  The next time we head out that way I'll try to drop by your deed and take a look around the area.  I'm pretty set on being in a fairly open area and directly next to a shore.

Thanks for the offer, and perhaps we'll do some business in the future!

- Perihelion