Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

(Please Close)

3 hours ago, Zenity said:

capable of throwing

throwing was removed from valrei mobs in may 2016 fyi

+1 you guys got our valrei tomes already, might as well get creatures and valrei events.

• Like 1

+1 you haven't lived until a bunch of eaglespirits come crashing through your deed.

+1 you haven't lived until a champ nogump runs you down in 2 secs or faster. Doesn't matter how fast your horse is or how good the gear you just cant outrun a champ nogump

No thanks, Wurm fighting isn't all that fun to begin with and I don't want more of it.

And I know the Valrei creatures were stronger back then than they are now, but the accidental introduction of the spirits on the PvE servers didn't exactly add any enjoyment to the game.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, MrGARY said:

+1 good idea add drakespirits and eaglespirits that will fly on deed and kill every single branded horse and player that can't find a doored mine

A small part of me hopes you are being sarcastic, but given the amount of energy you put into whining about every small issue over the past few years, I doubt it. 

This is what comes from caving in to a handful of Epic players to let them transfer skills to Freedom. Next they want Freedom turned into Epic.

I played when the epic creatures were on Freedom. I lived near Green Dog on Deliverance, and I tried to help quite a lot of new players in the area and around the server during that time, and every one of them quit during that period. Quite a lot of veteran players quit too. Creatures that required at least 5-10 players to kill them could bash walls and destroy deeds while people were sleeping. I don't care if they were nerfed since, they still don't belong on Freedom.

What the devs could do, instead of wasting energy on a failed cluster, was to finally fix the god damn creature spawn system. 5-6 years ago so, I remember it could take hours without running into a creature. As is usual for Wurm Online, the devs responded by "fixing" the spawn system, so players now can't walk 5 tiles outside their deeds without being aggroed. There is no in between. Same goes for the Epic creatures. Champ trolls are too easy now for most old players, let's just create some creatures with random unbalanced stats, and see if that helps. It didn't. 

I can guarantee that Freedom will lose half of its current playerbase, if Epic creatures are brought back again. But maybe that's what all the selfish PvP players just +1'ing this thread really wants.

Fix creature spawn rates across all normal servers, introduce a hunting server with the now broken creature rates, and add in tons of Epic creatures on that server.

And for the record, I enjoy hunting myself, but I don't mind a little effort, and right now I just need to travel 1 minute north of my deed, and I can just park myself and let 2-3 mobs come to me at a time, and barely have time to butcher the mobs before the next one aggroes me. I fail to see anything fun about that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulfgar said:

A small part of me hopes you are being sarcastic, but given the amount of energy you put into whining about every small issue over the past few years, I doubt it. 

This is what comes from caving in to a handful of Epic players to let them transfer skills to Freedom. Next they want Freedom turned into Epic.

I played when the epic creatures were on Freedom. I lived near Green Dog on Deliverance, and I tried to help quite a lot of new players in the area and around the server during that time, and every one of them quit during that period. Quite a lot of veteran players quit too. Creatures that required at least 5-10 players to kill them could bash walls and destroy deeds while people were sleeping. I don't care if they were nerfed since, they still don't belong on Freedom.

What the devs could do, instead of wasting energy on a failed cluster, was to finally fix the god damn creature spawn system. 5-6 years ago so, I remember it could take hours without running into a creature. As is usual for Wurm Online, the devs responded by "fixing" the spawn system, so players now can't walk 5 tiles outside their deeds without being aggroed. There is no in between. Same goes for the Epic creatures. Champ trolls are too easy now for most old players, let's just create some creatures with random unbalanced stats, and see if that helps. It didn't. 

I can guarantee that Freedom will lose half of its current playerbase, if Epic creatures are brought back again. But maybe that's what all the selfish PvP players just +1'ing this thread really wants.

Fix creature spawn rates across all normal servers, introduce a hunting server with the now broken creature rates, and add in tons of Epic creatures on that server.

And for the record, I enjoy hunting myself, but I don't mind a little effort, and right now I just need to travel 1 minute north of my deed, and I can just park myself and let 2-3 mobs come to me at a time, and barely have time to butcher the mobs before the next one aggroes me. I fail to see anything fun about that.

Don't worry dude we were being sarcastic.  Valrei mobs are a huge nuisance and tbh I'd prefer if we didn't have them even on epic.  You should see how infested affliction is with drake and eagle spirits some time.  You navigate your ship trying to squeeze between patches of them and inevitably agro a bunch along the way. It's like a mine field, and on land isn't much better, with nogumps to come and gank you. I used to actually be able to fight the nogumps without guards reasonably well, before they added the shield bashing tweaks where it took into account weight and body control and stuff.  Since then I've avoided nogumps like the plague due to their common permastuns, and the first two I tried fighting after that change actually killed me.  At that point I decided I would never go hunting nogumps again 

Tldr valrei mobs suck 

Selfish pvp player reporting in for a +1 to watch the world burn because sarcasm is hard.

That was a whole lot of anger and spite out of left field, i think the most confusing part was putting the first statement together with you just recently returning after quitting several years back?

• Like 1

There is not really a good way to stop these creatures from ruining your day if you live in freedom, not saying freedom characters are weaker, but the deeds on freedom use less guards. I can already see angry people logging in, and finding out the horse they bought for 20c is dead.

But hey, if you guys really want them, by all means have fun!

Edited by FranktheTank

10 hours ago, Wulfgar said:

Thats quite the wall of salt text there, friend. For the record, you might want to check who started the thread. Thats right, it was a Freedomer. I can't think of any Epic player who would agree with the idea, proud as they are about their cluster.

On pvp roaming around hunting I usually worried more about valeri creatures than enemy players.

I don't think it would be fair to the freedom population to introduce such a feature, no one is prepared for it, or used to it, it would be almost like flipping the switch and setting freedom to pvp. If it was brought in when they were put into chaos/epic at the same time it would be just part of the game, but not now.

Bad idea all around, if you want to experience them sail to chaos or step through a portal.

I have fought quite a lot of valrei mobs on some WU servers where I had really high stats and gear, also players are buffed compared to WO. It was a hard time to keep them clear my deed and took a lot of effort to fight them. I'm against them coming over to PVE servers, all freedomers can enjoy them on Chaos. Seriously I'm against watering down those mobs for the PVE servers, "valrei light" creatures would be a shame.

I also agree PVE servers need stronger mobs than trolls but some of those coming was already announced a few months ago...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jaz said:

coming was already announced a few months ago..

coming for epic =p

• Like 1

Dear Eyesgood,
I wouldn't like valrei mobs on Freedom, I wouldn't like see when the eaglespirit and the drakespirit are killing my branded animals in the locked pens, I wouldn't like running from a nogump in a slower cart. If I would like these, I'd move to Chaos or Epic, I recommend it to you as well.

• Like 2

Normally I am all open for a debate and try not to think on emotion as that isn't realy a debate, but this topic alone hit my button.  All I want to do in just go on a rant with a bunch of expletives.  I am no hardcore PvPer.  I loath combat in this game any ways.  I let the autoattack do all my thinking for me with this game. The only reason I have any fight skill is because I got tired of getting owned by spiders.  It wasn't till I was two years into the game before I did any fight skill gain.  I specifically chose the freedom cluster because I am a carebear.  With my fighting skill high enough now, and some skills invested in weapons.  Only thing that even makes me think twice are champ trolls and greenish trolls.  I can still do it but I don't want to be afk when that happens.  I like being able to go afk and come back with a ring of animals around me.  Mobs are a nuisance, when I am on my cart going across the map, I call guards to take out the pests.  I don't have the notion or the interest in dealing with them.

The whole point of me choosing freedom over the PvP isles was I wanted to just create.  I didn't want to get into fighting, I don't have the desire to go out and prove my self in a world of numbers.  The game already is a long term investment.  Real life money, loads of time, and some times no reward for any of that stuff you invested into it.  Just like with WU, I don't play there because you find a server you like, and two months later the ###### is shut off and you have to restart.  That was two years of my life I am not getting back.  Okay getting heated again, brb after I cool off.

I am of the opinion that epic should stay epic, epic players finally won the battle to bring their skills to freedom.  Now that they have come into an enviroment where there is populace, now the epic players want all the things that made epic to come over to freedom as well.  Never enough, if epic was all that great it wouldn't have failed in the first place.  The way Freedom does things is why it works in the first place.  This topic has pissed me off so much I can't even think straight, and every time I cool off and sit down to type again, I get fired back up just thinking about this.  I am not here fight stuff, I don't even like doing the rifts as the reward is far out classed by the expense of the repairs after attending one.  Uniques are once a month, that was fun and worth the turn up at least.  I like being able to go afk and come back and still be alive.  I already dislike being attacked by the cannon fodder we have to deal with on freedom as it is.

So the answer to this is : ###### NO!

8 minutes ago, Annyil said:

Dear Eyesgood,
I wouldn't like valrei mobs on Freedom, I wouldn't like see when the eaglespirit and the drakespirit are killing my branded animals in the locked pens, I wouldn't like running from a nogump in a slower cart. If I would like these, I'd move to Chaos or Epic, I recommend it to you as well.

in a slow cart there is no running from a nogump

those suckers move fast, actually most of the val creatures are fairly swift, can out run them on a horse with good gear, but not loose them, unless you have a very long hill to ride up, then you are going to die, on chaos we had gatehouses just to be able to get a break from nogumps and call guards on them if there was too many to deal with

I had forgotten how bad nogumps are when you are not a champion rocking those extra bonus's, 2 not too bad, but when I ended up with 3 on me during last weekends impalong I would of been pancaked if not for standing next to a door and a lucky break to be able to back out between the stuns. The drakes also do the aoe stuns which are nasty, eaglespirits not too bad, champ death crawlers can be a problem. Sol demons and uttacha's are just ###### cats.

Edited by JakeRivers

...and drake spirits do internal damage which seem to ignore any defense you have. I really hate to fight them. Oh and dear all, all these guys will chew your mounts from under you. It is a bit tiresome to jump off horse/carts, walk them to aggro and back to the mounts...

I'm all for tougher creatures to fight, bring them in but make them non aggressive until attacked, similar to the avatars etc. +1 

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

in a slow cart there is no running from a nogump

those suckers move fast, actually most of the val creatures are fairly swift, can out run them on a horse with good gear, but not loose them, unless you have a very long hill to ride up, then you are going to die, on chaos we had gatehouses just to be able to get a break from nogumps and call guards on them if there was too many to deal with

I had forgotten how bad nogumps are when you are not a champion rocking those extra bonus's, 2 not too bad, but when I ended up with 3 on me during last weekends impalong I would of been pancaked if not for standing next to a door and a lucky break to be able to back out between the stuns. The drakes also do the aoe stuns which are nasty, eaglespirits not too bad, champ death crawlers can be a problem. Sol demons and uttacha's are just ###### cats.

Agree, I have written this because I have played on WU servers with valrei mobs and I hate them, especially the spirits and the nogumps :)

50 minutes ago, Theonis said:

I am of the opinion that epic should stay epic, epic players finally won the battle to bring their skills to freedom.  Now that they have come into an enviroment where there is populace, now the epic players want all the things that made epic to come over to freedom as well.  Never enough, if epic was all that great it wouldn't have failed in the first place.  

To my fellow Freedomers: Please stop rumor-mongering. I have yet to see any Epic player asking for Epic things transfered to Freedom. If you read right, this topic was started by a Freedomer wanting to hear people's opinions on the matter. Obviously he doesn't know much about them, and thats why he is asking.

Read before posting. Usually it helps.

• Like 3

Just add champion hell hounds and may no one have mercy on us all.

• Like 1

+1

oh yes, i miss the time (2013) on my little island on chaos, 11 drake-spirit killed all people, guards and animal for 4 days ;)

photo_6416222_1897967995_o.jpg

Ok, people.  It is obvious to me I have struck some nerves, which wasn't my intent.  Nor am I an inexperienced Freedomer who has never fought Epic creatures.  I lived on Epic for a year when it opened.  I also play on WU.  Nor am I venting about anything. Nor have I been away for years and just coming back.  Been here all the while except for a few breaks along the way.  I was just curious what Freedomers would think about such an outlandish idea as this.  At least now the devs have a taste of this topic - though I think they probably already knew where this would go anyway.

So head back to your forges and fields, your pens and pans, your wagons and whims...  You will find no Gumps to bother you.

If the moderators would go ahead and shut down this post, we will all probably be able to enjoy the coming holidays.

Cheers!

Eyesgood