Sign in to follow this  
Diceusinfinitus

Changing Maxplayers Variable...

Changing the maxplayers variable within the launcher on the 'local server' tab doesn't change the value when the server launches and I see it listed when running the client to connect. Still has an older value. Tried looking through cfg files and attempting to change as Admin when logged in as a top level god. Not sure why the value change isn't taking hold.

Any ideas? :) 

Seems to be stuck at 44, the stock 200 would be nice. Not sure why it's 44, I may have been playing with something and now it won't change. I deleted the creative and adventure directories and the launcher regenerated them, but it's still 44.

Completely uninstalled the dedicated... reinstalled and set up a new creative server with 200 player limit... it still launches and shows in the list with a 44 player cap.

Interesting open the wurmlogin.db and try to edit the value directly in the Servers table

Yeah I did that, changed it to 1000 and now it initializes as 232... lol I don't get it. But 232 is better than 44. :)

Maybe a dev will stumble on this and we can get a possible explanation.

Thanks for the help Sklo!

It is a 1 Byte value. Steam can not handle more than 255 players. What you see is an overflow

Edited by Sklo:D