Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Player Waystone - "Take a Trip"

Since the foundation is laid, I think it would be nice if a player commanding a wagon/cart could select a destination for themselves using the new road system and then utilize the road system to ride to a destination unattended, exactly like the wagoner would.  

Right click on a Waystone and select a destination.

Choose option to "Take a Trip".

A fee would be deducted from bank, non-refundable.

Player wagon/cart proceeds to destination automatically, just like a wagoner would.

Right clicking on the ground and selecting something like "Cancel trip" would stop the trip and the player could then resume control.  No refunds on fee.

Arriving at destination would return control back to the player.

Attacks on the player during the trip would not stop the trip but player could defend.

This would enable players to go afk for extremely long trips.  Also, it would give the effect of the player actually being a passenger in the sense of being able to look around and take in the sights without having to bother with navigating.

I could imagine players creating tours where others could go to a starting location, choose a destination, and ride the tour in a tour-provided large cart or their own.

The only negative I can see to this would be a mob of aggro creatures if the speed of the wagon/cart was too slow, but maybe the trip speed would be fixed so that aggro would be lost after a short distance.

• Like 4

+1 more travel options is always good. need to make travels more easy as things stand...

+1 as this would also prevent lag heavy computers from having their carts/wagons/horses from wandering off into the woods. 

• Like 1

-1, what Wulfgar said. Let's be honest - you just want to send army of alts on autodrive business trips, nothing to do with tourism.

Edited by Hula_Girl

make it so only premiums can use the auto drive feature and no alt army problems?

• Like 1

On 26.10.2017 at 0:37 PM, Wulfgar said:

We need less AFK in Wurm, not more.

This is the wrong place to make that happen, though. Travelling over highways is already just pressing X and making some adjustments, might aswell go all the way. I'd even go further and object to the fee, unless it's really marginal and won't make you think twice about using it, but it overall doesn't make that much sense to me. The other thing I'd object to, which may meet Wulfgar halfway, is not tweaking the aggro range; you shouldn't be able to go "completely afk" and ought to at least take a bit of care. Unless you're sending a weak toon in a slow wagon and get killed by a hell hound or troll chasing you constantly, I don't see this as such a huge problem in practice, but in case it does happen. Nothing wrong with keeping people a bit on their toes, especially in the wilds, but that's no reason to completely reject this idea.

The "problem" of alts doing business trips is pretty debatable to begin with, for once, you need to prem at least once to even gain the Mind Logic to command a cart or even a wagon. That investment is pretty similiar to buying a wagoner*, and using an actual character has the added risk of encountering aggressive mobs. (Tweaked range or not)

*at least, it used to be, I recall that buying the first time premium has been altered recently but not the details. You still end up paying for that alt, even without the artificial restriction that Ekib suggest. I'm not enitrely opposed to doing that, however, if that's an acceptable middle ground for more people.

• Like 1