Sign in to follow this  
PumperNickel

Linking Bank Accounts

So one day you wanna purchase an item on an alt you are on (assuming you are only on that character at that time), but all the silvers you earned are on a different character. What do you do?? Right now you have the option to either mail an item with CoD, drop the coins on the ground, or just trade them. <- Which all require you to be on both characters

However!! I suggest that we have the option to link character bank accounts with each other. There can be a limit to how many you can link, maybe around one or two other accounts nothing insane. Both characters would have to agree to the linkage (a dialog box would appear and you have to press either "Yes" or "No"). After pressing "Yes" you have the ability to deposit and withdraw silvers from both accounts. Now instead of logging onto your other character to get the silver, you can go to your bank withdraw some money from the other account, deposit into yours, and then BOOM you have the silver needed to make a purchase.

You can avoid people from sending you an agreement to link by disabling it in your player's options. And idk if this is a bad thing in the PvP realm since I never was involved in that, but on Freedom seems like a nice idea to me. Oh and I have no idea how hard this is to code since I don't know much about programming.

• Like 2

+1, very annoying having to switch accounts just to make a purchase. 

They teased us with some sort of new account system a while back. RETRO! Why do you tease us?!?!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

-1 Causes a lot of security gaps

care to explain? as long as you treat the joint bank account like your wurm password, you should have no issues, right?

+1 as well. can be making things easier if you want to prem back your alt and not at home too. or to make purchases and trade more easily. and so long as you dont link a shared account i dont see how it could be a security issue

I like the idea, but there would have to be some kind of assurance that sold accounts somehow lose access to shared banks (possibly upon password change or something). 

I can see the issues with emptying banks already with this.

(I personally don't buy/sell accounts, but I can see the issues with this)

2 hours ago, koroth said:

I like the idea, but there would have to be some kind of assurance that sold accounts somehow lose access to shared banks (possibly upon password change or something). 

I never thought about when people sell their accounts..mostly because I don't do that myself too.

However, it could be possible to lose access to shared bank accounts by password change or before selling the account the seller makes sure to remove any shared bank accounts on that character. Another possibility could be (if the seller forgets to remove the shared banks) is that the other players who share the bank have the ability to de-link another player's bank account. Along with that, there could be a password associated with bank accounts. If you do have more than 1 bank account shared then the only way to get access into your bank is with a password.

Situation 1: Someone is selling milk, price is like 20-30c - something low. I ask to cod me a barrel, so he does. I try to accept - I cant. I take a closer look - he put 1g in front of the price. Meh, returned it and no headache or begging someone to come and look at the case.

Situation number 2: Someone buys a decent armour from, pays with paypal. Paypal payment seems to be taking its time, a guy is pushing me to send the set to him - I understand him completely, its not 50 copper set, so he wants to make sure I am not going to scam him. I put the set, press send - I cant, not even 8 copper in the bank to do it. By the time I log in my main cash account to get few silvers to be able to send the set I see paypal cancelled the transaction once again - no headache, no need to involve anyone. 

These were recent experiences. The reason I keep cash away from accounts I play is my past experience with deals/scams/accidents.

So as much as I might like your suggestion, I prefer being slower but safer. I know it is my fault though for not paying attention to such things.

-1, sorry.

Edited by bangzuvelis

6 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

Situation 1: Someone is selling milk, price is like 20-30c - something low. I ask to cod me a barrel, so he does. I try to accept - I cant. I take a closer look - he put 1g in front of the price. Meh, returned it and no headache or begging someone to come and look at the case.

Situation number 2: Someone buys a decent armour from, pays with paypal. Paypal payment seems to be taking its time, a guy is pushing me to send the set to him - I understand him completely, its not 50 copper set, so he wants to make sure I am not going to scam him. I put the set, press send - I cant, not even 8 copper in the bank to do it. By the time I log in my main cash account to get few silvers to be able to send the set I see paypal cancelled the transaction once again - no headache, no need to involve anyone. 

These were recent experiences. The reason I keep cash away from playing accounts is my past experience with deals/scams/accidents.

So as much as I might like your suggestion, I prefer being slower but safer. 

-1, sorry.

So don't link your accounts then?:huh:

I mean there are legitimate grievances voiced in other posts in this thread but opposing something because you wouldn't opt into it sounds strange to me.

4 hours ago, koroth said:

Another reason for the devs to step up on the issue and streamline it if they're going to allow it, instead of letting everything be "fair game" effectively. We already have that issue with permissions.

Edited by Flubb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bangzuvelis said:

So as much as I might like your suggestion, I prefer being slower but safer. I know it is my fault though for not paying attention to such things.

-1, sorry.

On 20/10/2017 at 4:16 PM, PumperNickel said:

However!! I suggest that we have the option to link character bank accounts with each other.

You can keep your preference with this suggestion. There is no forcing to link accounts with every character you have made.