11 hours ago, Jberg said:

Wurm's finally evolving.... QoL was always a weak point.  Just gonna throw this out there, taming should be added to the crafting screen, so to speak.  Things like that.  That bulk queue thing ... bravo.  Bravo.

It will be really cool to see how the wagooner will work as its rare to see npcs in game other then fixed shops and mobs ofc and also Mclovins new proffesion that comes with it.

@devs, can you please announce soon when the merge is. everyone i know that has an account on epic and freedom is kinda just well hanging out since there is no point grinding a skill that i get higher copied over from epic soon TM

On 10/20/2017 at 4:31 PM, Darmalus said:

Enough with the silly split skill gain nonsense. If players can move between the two just have identical skill gain everywhere. Either reduce Epic to Freedom levels or raise Freedom to Epic levels, it doesn't matter, just stop trying to keep this ghost of a split game going.

This option would make the most sense.  The faster skilling was tried for epic, it did not do the trick.  This would also have the added benefit of players keeping their skill gains if they decide to spend a weekend on epic.  This would encourage more people to try or occasional visit epic, far more help than increased skill gain for that server only.  do not see a reason why the effective curve can't stay.

this is ######

Last but not least, we're all playing the same game, getting bogged down in who is getting the better end of the deal overlooks the fact that many epic players have already been on freedom for a long time, they just can now play on the accounts they themselves spent time working on, and freedomers can travel to epic and explore the servers, take part in valrei scenarios, and fight valrei mobs (there'll also be more coming too, but shhh).

Worrying about someone else catching up to your skill, trashing your neighbourhood, or someone getting the better end of the deal (either way) overlooks that you now have new people on BOTH clusters to play with and get to know." - Retrograde

Epic players wanted cheap thrills now they get a prize for taking the easy option.

On 22.10.2017 at 4:59 AM, Jberg said:

Sklotopolis has bulk transfer for over a year now, without any action timer delay.

You can't beat that with a fancy video... :P

Edited by Sklo:D

6 hours ago, thunderclown said:

Epic players wanted cheap thrills now they get a prize for taking the easy option.

'Cheap thrills'

We pay the same premium as you buddy.

• Like 3

Personally I considered returning to epic with this new feature, trying to find an endgame there. But when I saw that they removed the chance of receiving the key of the heavens I have been sure that I will never return.

The only possible endgame on Epic has been removed, now it is just a normal server cluster with faster skillgain, you will find WU servers which are more popular and more fun.

Edited by Sklo:D

27 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

But when I saw that they removed the chance of receiving the key of the heavens I have been sure that I will never return.

removed until the valrei update which would be this update i assume

4 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

Personally I considered returning to epic with this new feature, trying to find an endgame there. But when I saw that they removed the chance of receiving the key of the heavens I have been sure that I will never return.

The only possible endgame on Epic has been removed, now it is just a normal server cluster with faster skillgain, you will find WU servers which are more popular and more fun.

The key of the heavens is available in this update, it was removed until this update could come which makes it more difficult to attain. 

This also provides official PvP servers without the use of mods, something that PvP WU servers have struggled with in the past, so it helps there too. 

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The key of the heavens is available in this update, it was removed until this update could come which makes it more difficult to attain. 

This also provides official PvP servers without the use of mods, something that PvP WU servers have struggled with in the past, so it helps there too. 

That is good to know. 

I will have a look at epic once the update is live.

@RetrogradeQuestion: if the entire point of Epic -> Freedom skill transfers being reduced is because skilling is faster on Epic and this transfer is giving them roughly what they would have earned on Freedom with the same amount of effort, why on Earth do they get 3x skillgain on top of that? Pardon my being straightforward, but a better answer than "because they've made bad choices and complain a lot" would be nice, because the entire situation seems patently ridiculous, especially if you're a Freedomer who's played for years and has been doing it the 'hard' way this entire time.

A more fair solution would be offering a cluster-wide 3x skillgain week or month or something, and you could even spin it as an 'event' being done in 'celebration' of the update.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Delacroix said:

A more fair solution would be offering a cluster-wide 3x skillgain week or month or something, and you could even spin it as an 'event' being done in 'celebration' of the update.

I do not agree with the 3x gain but i also do not want a 3x event . Starts out as a 1 time event and the next thing you know we will have a 3x event every week or for any reason under the sun.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Delacroix said:

especially if you're a Freedomer who's played for years and has been doing it the 'hard' way this entire time.

So the fact we could be bombed by Valrei events on top of our head, or that 10+ drake spirits spawned in ur deed and also that every player could kill u, is that "easy" mode?

Skillgain might be a bit slower on freedom but life is much much easier over there too.

Just now, LorenaMontana said:

So the fact we could be bombed by Valrei events on top of our head, or that 10+ drake spirits spawned in ur deed and also that every player could kill u, is that "easy" mode?

Skillgain might be a bit slower on freedom but life is much much easier over there too.

Good points. I have been thinking similar thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, LorenaMontana said:

Well, I might say life is easier on freedom than on Epic but I know that isn't always the case.  The home servers for the most part are like freedom.  The exceptions are the mobs.  The home servers have been pretty much raid free for a very long time.

Actually Pashka that is untrue, I know the home servers have had raiders continuously even at its lowest point in the last few years. There has been so few people that these raids are , for the most part, unopposed. A few months ago Nathans JKH place was raided and I know of other raiders going to home servers. That doesn't sound like easy mode to me, what with multiple valrei creatures mobbing you whenever you step out the door and the potential for extreme terraforming form valrei events.

17 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Well, I might say life is easier on freedom than on Epic but I know that isn't always the case.  The home servers for the most part are like freedom.  The exceptions are the mobs.  The home servers have been pretty much raid free for a very long time.

I have lived and still live on Affliction for years now and there is zero rules over there, so ur theory doesnt go for this server ;)

Also all of the homeservers faced the horror that was Valrei scenario destruction events. Main reason Affliction 1.0 got reset coz server was totally rekt.

All homeservers except affliction was continously hit like crazy during BLs glory days. Affliction (BLs homeserver) on the other hand was destroyed by valrei events to the point 90%+ wanted to wipe out all their towns and forts on the map and have a new map.

Saying life was like freedom is ######.

Edit: not to mention affliction is lawless and had plenty of internal killing, destruction and theft

Edited by Zekezor

1 hour ago, Evilvision said:

I do not agree with the 3x gain but i also do not want a 3x event . Starts out as a 1 time event and the next thing you know we will have a 3x event every week or for any reason under the sun.

Ditto, but I'd rather that than a small subset of players getting special treatment for no real reason.

1 hour ago, LorenaMontana said:

...So, in other words, you want to be rewarded for choosing a server where this is possible? Skillgain is faster on Epic. Period. Introducing those other factors doesn't magically make this untrue.  The idea that you somehow deserve special treatment on top of the transfer is simply ridiculous.

Mind you, I do support a transfer, simply because nobody deserves to be stuck in isolation such as is the state of Epic at this time, but there's absolutely no reason you alone deserve expedited skillgain on top of it when, for all intents and purposes, this entire update is already of a massive benefit to Epic players.

Edited by Delacroix