6 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Glad to see the game devs are taking a step in the right direction. Welcome, Epic guys, its about damned time we bridged that gap.

Looking forward to seeing @LorenaMontanaon Chaos. My huge axe is ready for you my friend.

What’s he gonna do, fish you to death? ?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

What’s he gonna do, fish you to death? ?

I had to put up with his incessant complaining about how much of a scrub he was when he started on Freedom and was mining his cave. I get dibbs on being the first one to pop a tab on his main. Its only fair!

• Like 3

So, any word on what will happen to people that grinded heavily on both clusters on the same character?

A formula being figured out for that too or are we just stuck with the whole "higher skill replaces other skill" thing?

I'm mainly worried because of the body stats

If i'm 60 bstr on epic and 60 bstr on freedom, it will really sting to have wasted so much grind on nothing

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Worksock said:

So, any word on what will happen to people that grinded heavily on both clusters on the same character?

A formula being figured out for that too or are we just stuck with the whole "higher skill replaces other skill" thing?

I'm mainly worried because of the body stats

If i'm 60 bstr on epic and 60 bstr on freedom, it will really sting to have wasted so much grind on nothing

If thats the case, then you got appropriate skills on both clusters and you dont need mediation. The transfer is not to reimburse players for their time on epic with freedom skills, but to allow them to transition with the least amount of pain. Dont be greedy now.

I have yet to see an answer on how merges will be handled when you have played on the same account on epic and freeedom, will you simply keep the freedom skills and any epic skills which are higher after the reduction. If so then yay I just got 90 cas on my priest :D

10 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

because they are not special snowflakes

There's the problem.  There shouldn't be any "special snowflakes" to discuss.

10 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

So yes, I fail to see what the gripe is. 

Only thing i can tell you is to grind something to 100, you'll get a better understanding then.

Just to give you an idea, the last 0.000008 tick for one of my 100 skills took me 43 days. Doing it every 15mins for 10h a day since it's on a timer.

On epic that same tick would have been 21.5 days.

So does it take effort on epic? Yes.

Is it the same as on freedom? No.

And fyi with the x3 they get, it would take them 35.8 days (21.5+43/3).

1 hour ago, Cerber said:

Only thing i can tell you is to grind something to 100, you'll get a better understanding then.

Just to give you an idea, the last 0.000008 tick for one of my 100 skills took me 43 days. Doing it every 15mins for 10h a day since it's on a timer.

On epic that same tick would have been 21.5 days.

So does it take effort on epic? Yes.

Is it the same as on freedom? No.

And fyi with the x3 they get, it would take them 35.8 days (21.5+43/3).

See, there is this little thing called effective skill level you seem to be forgetting about.  You might want to read up on that and how it affects epic skilling past 70. But let me give you a hint: It makes it not exactly x2 faster than Freedom and is what causes Devs all the headache.

• Like 5

can we get this fixed before epic picks up please.. you still disconnect immediately and leave the world with enemies 1 tile in front of you, even on zones where you are supposed to have 3600 logout timers

• Like 4

Epic didn't "give Freedom" the tomes or any of that.

Freedom got code recycled from Epic because it's way more convenient and time-efficient, while at the same time reducing the amount of ree'ing that would have ensued from Epic/Chaos if the devs had sat down and coded different tomes and such for PvE on accout of "wasting dev time when PvP is dying and needs changes which we'll hate!!!".

Be honest at least =)

2 hours ago, Cerber said:

As a fellow Freedom player with more than 1 skill at 100 (and several 99+ skills), I understand your concern of your skills losing perceived value when comparable skills that were easier obtained join the Freedom cluster. To some extent.
Consider the following:

Account buying, exploits (source crystals for well over a year, anyone?), bug abuse, windows of opportunity and things like pan filling businesses already exist. There are people who simply buy their way to 100 hot food cooking for example, people who buy a character with 99.999+ in a skill and finish it up to 100, people who made significant (ab)use of exploits and whatnot.
This all happens on Freedom often enough, and probably still will happen in the future.

Rather than worrying about how for example my 100 HFC is not rare to be seen and thus of low bragging value to others, I personally think it's valuable enough as I know I gathered all the materials for it and did all the pan filling myself. If 100 people were to buy their way to 100 HFC over night, my own perceived value wouldn't change.

Epic players joining the Freedom clusters are different though. Even if they had it easier to get a skill to 99 or 100 than if they were to do it on Freedom, it still took a lot of effort and I applaud them for it. Even with the increased skillgain it's a mighty impressive feat, in my opinion. They don't get the high skills just handed to them like some others in the previous thread seemed to think, the few hours needed less doesn't make it effortless.
Granted I would probably be a bit annoyed if I would end up losing a "Wurm First" to an Epic player on a skill I am actively grinding to 100 because of the generous conversion, but even that would not be enough for me to be opposed to the ability for Epic players to retain their converted skills as per currently determined formula.
My 99 carpentry is still impressive to me (I know it's very common on Freedom, that is why I use it as an example), I won't think less of my own achievements just because Epic players join Freedom with that same achievement.

Not saying it is the case for you, but generally speaking, IF it's about bragging rights (let's face it, for some people it's just that and ego), it should be even easier to focus on the underlying effort rather than the number shown. If anything, having it done the Freedom way should add to the bragging rights.

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Zenoxgear said:

I previously suggested that wagoneers could be made able to transport players besides goods. They would function similarly to a taxi and would allow for easy visits to distant friends (at a fee). Being able to focus on enjoying the ride instead of focusing on driving and avoiding dangerous mobs would make for a refreshing change. Any dev care to comment on this suggestion?

I'd like to add sealed barrels to this suggestion.  Sure, we can send bulk *solid* items this way, but if I can't send my fine ale to people in bulk the same way, is the bulk transport feature really complete?

I am curious how the Wagoner will work, it sounds like both players agree and make payment first, then the stuff is transported later. How will this work if the wagoner is already on an order, does it still place it and then just get to yours when it is your turn, potentially taking quite a while before you get your stuff sent? I can imagine sending stuff from starter towns might have a very large backlog of orders. Would there be any special permissions used, or just a pile of crates appears on your chosen waystone, I can see larger villages having multiple orders arriving in the same place before anyone is there to pick up the crates.

Another question is that is it possible to choose any waystone at all as a destination, or must it be on your own deed/alliance?

Just ignore him cerber, cant reason with idiots.

They know we are talking truth they just don't want to know because itd be worse for them.

3 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

See, there is this little thing called effective skill level you seem to be forgetting about.  You might want to read up on that and how it affects epic skilling past 70. But let me give you a hint: It makes it not exactly x2 faster than Freedom and is what causes Devs all the headache.

yes, which is why the current skill conversion already is far higher than just half the skill they would get if they would negate said double skillgain.

yes, which is why the players coming over already get a 1:1 conversion for characteristics and meditation.

yes, which is why there already is a 1:1 conversion for characteristics even tho it is far from right, and the main reason the demand for this was even a thing is because the vast majority of epic players seemed to not have been able to resist the temptation of grinding their gathering skills effectively which is the reason their body stats were unable to keep up.

the triple skillgain after the skill conversion should not be a thing.

i have said before, and i will repeat it here, imo Budda should call this back and do a proper conversion for everything. but we're too far down the road to still take this step back.

so epic made their demand of keeping their characteristics 1:1, and i'd say it seems okay now for the most part, except for the triple skillgain.

Edited by Arium
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

actually you got it all wrong, past 99.99 it's the same tick rate on both clusters, but epic get *2 skillgain
so it is exactly x2 at that point...
between 99 and 99.99 it got about 1% difference in tick rate (and 99 skill is about 30% of the time needed to reach 100)
curve only makes a little difference for lower skill
for example my tick rate for 47 meditating (70 effective on epic) was 42% while it was 34% at 70 (90 effective) skill and 31% at 90 (99 effective) 

so yes epic get less ticks faster, but not fast enough to actually negate the double skillgain

the formula budda gave is pretty close to what it would have been on freedom so no more headache needed

it's just the x3 all the way back that's being way generous imo

• Like 6

These are some awesome features about to come, yet the only thing that really stays on my mind is how Epic players will get a huge favor, why even give them 3x skill progression? Give them the skill levels that their experience grind would have given them on freedom and leave it at that. Guess I should have played on epic, most of us get the short end of the stick.

Edited by Sunti

I wonder if the Wagoneers could be attacked by bandits while in route.

44 minutes ago, Orsus said:

I wonder if the Wagoneers could be attacked by bandits while in route.

@Mclavin

• Like 2

Bandit Mclovin would be up for that

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Cerber said:

actually you got it all wrong, past 99.99 it's the same tick rate on both clusters, but epic get *2 skillgain
so it is exactly x2 at that point...
between 99 and 99.99 it got about 1% difference in tick rate (and 99 skill is about 30% of the time needed to reach 100)
curve only makes a little difference for lower skill
for example my tick rate for 47 meditating (70 effective on epic) was 42% while it was 34% at 70 (90 effective) skill and 31% at 90 (99 effective) 

so yes epic get less ticks faster, but not fast enough to actually negate the double skillgain

the formula budda gave is pretty close to what it would have been on freedom so no more headache needed

it's just the x3 all the way back that's being way generous imo

12 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

...it affects epic skilling past 70. But let me give you a hint: It makes it not exactly x2 faster than Freedom and is what causes Devs all the headache.

You have to go through 70 to get to 99.99.

Oh my gosh, bulk movement sounds like a godsend! And the wagoneer thing sounds exciting!

3 hours ago, Malena said:

Oh my gosh, bulk movement sounds like a godsend! And the wagoneer thing sounds exciting!

On 10/20/2017 at 4:20 PM, thorgot said:

Yaaay bulk transfer!

On 10/20/2017 at 5:12 PM, Daash said:

Yay my bulk transfer where implenented... *jumps of joy*

On 10/20/2017 at 9:27 PM, GilwenAistrinas said:

Bulk Transfer with less clicking!! <3 Thank you!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

On 10/20/2017 at 5:53 PM, Kasumi said:

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

https://gfycat.com/ThornyMenacingHarrier

;)

• Like 7