How fast will the Wagoner travel?

How much does the contract cost from a trader? 

• Like 1

Thanks alot Buddha, Retro and all other devs/commun that worked on this. I know it have taken many hours from you guys to help a low number of players in wurm overall (epic) which is why it means extra much that you are taking time and showing us alot of care. Wurms develop team really do have a heart for their players :)

*hugs*

• Like 7

Glad to see the game devs are taking a step in the right direction. Welcome, Epic guys, its about damned time we bridged that gap.

Looking forward to seeing @LorenaMontanaon Chaos. My huge axe is ready for you my friend.

• Like 7

This is not the tinfoil hat thread. Please go to the suggestions section for that 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Redd said:

Just a caution: Putting your skill dump into a private unassociated forums to Wurm Online may not be the best idea. The skill dumps may well be kept, along with other confidential information such as IP addresses. 

Proceed with caution.

This ^

Can't we have an official one hosted by Code Club AB?

Edit: 

Yeah could you imagine if people uploaded their dumps to 3rd party websites?  Jeez giving up their IPs.. man it'd be really messed up if we asked for an email and allowed people to regularly track updates.  Crazy... hey couldn't help but to notice you have a really nice account up for sale https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Red

I'm glad our website has people on the official Wurm Testing and Dev team monitoring it on the back end.  I'd be worried if people just start shouting out things as if they knew what they were talking about.  Then insulting hard working people who try to make a better game experience for everyone.  I just think if it did happen someone should apologize.

Also thank you @Darklordsfor taking time to make the script.  You're a real bro

Not Bashing great work, just don't see why Code Club AB can't host it so people feel comfortable using it.

Edited by Middi
  • Like 2

Wow did I read Alexgopen;s post right?? That's like the kettle calling the kettle black... Alexgopen calling the other man inappropriate.. I guess as I have said I am not one to point a finger either.. about my post a couple mo9nths ago.. which sooner than I can erase was erased.. ehehe!!!

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Reduced skills will have 3x skillgain until they return to the same level they were on epic

S9PtILg.gif

Why this?  Is there some explanation somewhere that helps people understand why anyone would get a 3x skill gain modifier for a skill they would not have had if they started here?  Is that not the point of working so hard on this calculation, to determine what their skill would be if they had actually skilled here on Freedom?  Once the calculation and transfer is made, then they are where they should be.  There is no need to provide a bonus to skill gain to achieve skills that they would not have obtained here.  Unless, of course, your are planning to turn on 3x skill gain for all.  If not, modified skill gain can be found on the server they are planning on leaving, or a wide range of WU servers.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Epic transfer recap
To recap the end result, epic accounts will transfer to Freedom with a reduced skillset. Reduced skills will have 3x skillgain until they return to the same level they were on epic however.

i do agree, not completely halving their skill and actually transferring their characteristics 1:1 is already very generous imo.

the 3x to get back to where they were before seems a bit too much.

edit:

the new bulk transfer mechanic that is based off of actual carry weight is awesome tho, wish i wouldve known that'll be a thing before i transferred my random junk lumps into a BCU when they went live :P

Edited by Arium
  • Like 2

Epic transfer recap
To recap the end result, epic accounts will transfer to Freedom with a reduced skillset. Reduced skills will have 3x skillgain until they return to the same level they were on epic however.

Honestly with this why even bother with those fancy formulas, just convert them over 1-1 and be done with it.

• Like 1

Epic transfer recap

Wow just Wow.  Mine as well just make the damn transfer 1 to 1 instead of trying to hope most freedomers don't notice this is what your pretty much doing anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Wow just Wow.  Mine as well just make the damn transfer 1 to 1 instead of trying to hope most freedomers don't notice this is what your pretty much doing anyway.

I dont think it has anything to do about people are noticing or not. If you look, its clearly spelled out there what they intend to do, not hidden. If you take a moment to think about it x3 skill increase only means it will be a bit faster for them to go from old to new skill level. It is by no means the same as 1:1 as grinding a skill from... Say 91 back to 95 (or whatever it was before) will still take time. Time that person could had spent raising it from 95-96. They will always be behind their skill progression.

As Budda explained, Epic to Freedom is not a linear conversion. You cant say "Well, this much effort to get this skill will translates to this." The devs did their best estimate considering optimal skilling scenarios and applied the formula.

But not everyone skills at optimal skilling.

The x3 is intended to address that. It might help, but its not going to be the same as 1:1 transfer. Don't be myopic guys. Its not that black and white.

• Like 1

Just now, Angelklaine said:

I dont think it has anything to do about people are noticing or not. If you look, its clearly spelled out there what they intend to do, not hidden. If you take a moment to think about it x3 skill increase only means it will be a bit faster for them to go from old to new skill level. 

Its not a "bit faster" its 3X faster that is better than permanent SB. Throw some SB on that and now its 6X. Its still a smack in our face since what they were getting already was very generous considering they were NEVER supposed to transfer characters from Epic to Freedom.

• Like 5

people acting like x3 means every epic player will get every single nerfed skill back

its not the same as a 1:1 because most wont bother

• Like 3

Just now, Chuck said:

Its not a "bit faster" its 3X faster that is better than permanent SB. Throw some SB on that and now its 6X. Its still a smack in our face since what they were getting already was very generous considering they were NEVER supposed to transfer characters from Epic to Freedom.

Yes, and you are hung up on what? A bruised ego? These guys spent years on their accounts and their cluster died. Freedom has already gotten a lot from Epic. Sure, lets make it fair. Lets remove player gods from Freedom and reset the faith every player got on a player God. Lets remove all those Valrei tomes and all the moon metal Freedomers love getting from their rifts. Thats all Epic which bled to Freedom. Player Gods in particular are directly from the effort put by exclusively Epic players which Freedom enjoys now.

Yet I dont see anyone asking for fair treatment on that.

All I see is a vocal minority of my fellow Freedomers complaining because someone else might have skills with a bit less effort than them. Might. Its selfish and dumb. Nothing in this change affects you as a player. You dont get nerfed, you dont loose skills, you dont loose anything. You just rather see the game die than to give a hand to a group of fellow Wurmians so they can remain to play the game we all love, thus extending and enhancing our player experience.

Its shameful, and people who think like that should be ashamed for it. Its selfishness of a level I never thought I'd see in a game like this.

• Like 6

Enough with the silly split skill gain nonsense. If players can move between the two just have identical skill gain everywhere. Either reduce Epic to Freedom levels or raise Freedom to Epic levels, it doesn't matter, just stop trying to keep this ghost of a split game going.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

people acting like x3 means every epic player will get every single nerfed skill back

its not the same as a 1:1 because most wont bother

Then they don't need it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Its shameful, and people who think like that should be ashamed for it. Its selfishness of a level I never thought I'd see in a game like this.

Its not selfishness. Its wanting things to be fair across the board for all players. Its sad that epic has not lived up to what it was supposed to be. I play on epic also. This change will benefit me a great deal but it doesn't make it fair.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Yes, and you are hung up on what? A bruised ego? These guys spent years on their accounts and their cluster died. Freedom has already gotten a lot from Epic. Sure, lets make it fair. Lets remove player gods from Freedom and reset the faith every player got on a player God. Lets remove all those Valrei tomes and all the moon metal Freedomers love getting from their rifts. Thats all Epic which bled to Freedom. Player Gods in particular are directly from the effort put by exclusively Epic players which Freedom enjoys now.

All I see is a vocal minority of my fellow Freedomers complaining because someone else might have skills with a bit less effort than them. Might. Its selfish and dumb. Nothing in this change affects you as a player. You dont get nerfed, you dont loose skills, you dont loose anything. You just rather see the game die than to give a hand to a group of fellow Wurmians so they can remain to play the game we all love, thus extending and enhancing our player experience.

All the tomes that freedomers spent forever to get because they didn't drop like candy like they did on Epic.  Well maybe not so much dropped like candy.  But when you can say it's my turn to be a player god and get the key it kinda tells you how easy things are to get there.

They wouldn't have anything to be upset over if even the players saying they don't spend less effort even agree it was with less effort.  If I truly believed that the skills that I earned on Epic were as hard to get as what I would have gone through on freedom to get them, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops.  There would be no maybe, might, or could have.  But here we have that they might have been easier.

No they will not affect me or anything that I have done with my character.  But that is a bit beside the point.

40 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You haven't even played this game a year yet.  Have you grinded any skill to 90?  Don't be so selfish in your own experience in the game and look at it from the perspective of people who invested all that time and effort to grind to high level within the freedom framework of the game.

16 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

You haven't even played this game a year yet.  Have you grinded any skill to 90?  Don't be so selfish in your own experience in the game and look at it from the perspective of people who invested all that time and effort to grind to high level within the freedom framework of the game.

Actually yes I have grinded skills to 90, and I still dont see how it matters. My effort wont be any less just because someone else's was easier or different. Nor will my skills be less valuable. Or do less. Or my effort be graded in a different light. All I see is a bunch of friends who have quit the game coming back to try epic, and a bunch of epic players coming back to play on Freedom. Then a few people on the sidelines crying bloody murder because they are not special snowflakes... Or something. I have to admit I am having one hell of a time figuring out what the issue is.

I have about 7 accounts. 3 which I grinded myself and the newest went on a skill from 1 to 83 in two to three weeks on Freedom. So yes, I fail to see what the gripe is. 

• Like 5

Waaaaah the mean epic people are taking over my server.

• Like 2