header.png

“Look kid, if you keep poking that..that...whatever that thing is, it’s eventually going to wake up and eat you.” - Sir Landon prior to the Samling incident

After last weeks news, we've spent the week working on the changes coming to epic, as well as ensuring that the transfer skill adjustments are fair to both sides. We spent an awful lot of time running those calculations (millions!) and seeing the results was pretty cool. 

This week won't be the huge reveal that we did have planned, as those have taken slightly longer, and we want them in and tested prior to revealing it, but I have some exciting news for you this week anyways! 

Epic transfer recap
To recap the end result, epic accounts will transfer to Freedom with a reduced skillset. Reduced skills will have 3x skillgain until they return to the same level they were on epic however.

A player has put together a total skill dump converter, allowing you to see what your epic skills will be after the transfer to freedom, check it out here:

http://www.crusades.top/api/LogConvert.html

Bulk movement

Another thing coming with this update (there's so many things!) is the ability transfer items between bulk containers without constant clicking! Moving from one container to another will trigger a timer, that moves as many as you can carry each second (ignoring 100 item count, just weight limit). This will surely make Shifting contents of bulk storage a breeze (and save those wrist injuries!)

Wagoner info
As we revealed a few weeks ago, the wagoner will be a Wurm Online exclusive NPC, that handles delivers between players using the highway system on each server. There's a lot of detail to go into with how to use them, so our awesome developer, Tich, has taken the time to write up a handy guide for you all! It's still a work in progress, and could change before release, but we'll make sure to reflect any changes in this document before that! 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TRk4AvTP0PFKKJbW-ndB0EvLQTJjRM04qDjee4PYsYI/edit?usp=sharing

Community Content

This weeks community content is the impalong with the fire and sand alliance! Today is the first day, so get on down there and take part! There's games and competitions, as well loads more to pass the time, I plan on dropping in and watching some people die, and maybe even getting my steel and flint imped, it's getting pitifully low...

Check out the full details here, and I hope to see you there!

That's it for this week, I'll be back next week with more news and teasers of whats coming in the next major update. Until then though, keep on Wurming!
Retrograde & the Wurm team

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Bulk movement

Another thing coming with this update (there's so many things!) is the ability transfer items between bulk containers without constant clicking! Moving from one container to another will trigger a timer, that moves as many as you can carry each second (ignoring 100 item count, just weight limit). This will surely make Shifting contents of bulk storage a breeze (and save those wrist injuries!)

Farewell Shift + enter and dragging, i will not miss you

• Like 15

Reading the current wagoneer mechanic, it seems that if you want to have a wagoneer on your deed then you forfeit the right of KOS. The only way that would not happen is if you place the waystone on the very border of your deed, and let's face it, almost everyone has a fence or a structure on the very border.

Secondly, if you want the deliveries to be done on deed, then you need to place ANOTHER waystone on your deed, forfeiting the KOS right again.

Having a wagoneer and the right of KOS should not be mutually exclusive

Also would be interesting to know how fast will the wagoneers be moving and if you will physically see them on the roads, that would be nice.

Edited by Thorakkanath
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Bulk movement

Another thing coming with this update

This update? Was there an update today or? What update? When? 

"ensuring that the transfer skill adjustments are fair to both sides."

Will Freedom skills increase when porting over to Epic?

• Like 1

I see you are still going ahead with the Epic transfers.  You are going to reduce their skills to match the time they would have put in on Freedom, but then they get to have the same 3x skill gain they had on Epic to catch up to where they were.  Totally unfair to the other Freedom players.  They knew what the rules were when they went to Epic, and now you are giving in to the whining that they want to come to Freedom without having to do the grind again.  Why are you doing so much for such a small group?

• Like 8

I would advise to reread retrograde's last post in regards to Budda's thread. 

Here, I'll link it. 

Also I'll link this specific sentence since I find it the most relevant. 

"

Last but not least, we're all playing the same game, getting bogged down in who is getting the better end of the deal overlooks the fact that many epic players have already been on freedom for a long time, they just can now play on the accounts they themselves spent time working on, and freedomers can travel to epic and explore the servers, take part in valrei scenarios, and fight valrei mobs (there'll also be more coming too, but shhh).

Worrying about someone else catching up to your skill, trashing your neighbourhood, or someone getting the better end of the deal (either way) overlooks that you now have new people on BOTH clusters to play with and get to know." - Retrograde

• Like 10

Just a caution: Putting your skill dump into a private unassociated forums to Wurm Online may not be the best idea. The skill dumps may well be kept, along with other confidential information such as IP addresses. 

Proceed with caution.

• Like 8

Yay my bulk transfer where implenented... *jumps of joy*

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, elentari said:

Also I'll link this specific sentence since I find it the most relevant. 

"

Last but not least, we're all playing the same game, getting bogged down in who is getting the better end of the deal overlooks the fact that many epic players have already been on freedom for a long time, they just can now play on the accounts they themselves spent time working on, and freedomers can travel to epic and explore the servers, take part in valrei scenarios, and fight valrei mobs (there'll also be more coming too, but shhh).

Worrying about someone else catching up to your skill, trashing your neighbourhood, or someone getting the better end of the deal (either way) overlooks that you now have new people on BOTH clusters to play with and get to know." - Retrograde

If many epic players have been on freedom for a long time, then there will not really be NEW people to play with and get to know on freedom.

In summary, freedomers will not receive any skill adjustment when portaling to epic meaning more time grinding with less skill, while epic players will take a small hit and then have 3x all the way back to original skill level.  I fail to see the fairness in it.   

• Like 2

freedomers get access to a new skill system which will make it permantly faster for you over there - oh btw, we're letting you transfer your skills with your stamina levels in tact. Maybe med/stam should be lowered as you cross?

• Like 5

I would gladly take a hit to med and stamina in exchange for all other skills to be fairly converted upwards.   

Edited by Galatyn

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Another thing coming with this update (there's so many things!) is the ability transfer items between bulk containers without constant clicking!

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

• Like 3

Honest question...

How much more lag will the 'wagoneer' add to already strained Xanadu?

• Like 1

I previously suggested that wagoneers could be made able to transport players besides goods. They would function similarly to a taxi and would allow for easy visits to distant friends (at a fee). Being able to focus on enjoying the ride instead of focusing on driving and avoiding dangerous mobs would make for a refreshing change. Any dev care to comment on this suggestion?

34 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

I would gladly take a hit to med and stamina in exchange for all other skills to be fairly converted upwards.   

Since I believe the Epic skill system is being adjusted to allow for very fast skill gains for anyone who continues on Epic after the change, it likely doesn't really matter much anyway. Using the WU skill system the increase will be faster and easier. 

Omg! thats awesome!  you just saved me months of time :)  [wants to hug the devs and all involved in bulk movement project] :wub:

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Just a caution: Putting your skill dump into a private unassociated forums to Wurm Online may not be the best idea. The skill dumps may well be kept, along with other confidential information such as IP addresses. 

Proceed with caution.

It's all javascript aka client side, right click view page source.

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <title>Skill Dump</title>
</head>
<body>
    <textarea id="skilldump" rows="40" cols="60">
    </textarea>
    <br><br>
    <button onclick="calcChange()">Convert</button> 

<script>
    function applyCalc(epicVal){
        var newVal = 0.0044135 * Math.pow(epicVal, 2) + 0.5548 * epicVal + 0.377;
        return Math.min(epicVal, newVal).toFixed(6);        
    }
    function calcChange() {

var skillssplit = document.getElementById('skilldump').value.split('\n');
       var blacklist = ["Skills", "-----", "Faith", "Favor", "Alignment", "Characteristics", "Body", "Body strength", "Body stamina", "Body control", "Mind", "Mind logic", "Mind speed", "Soul", "Soul depth", "Soul strength", "Meditating"];
       for(var i = 0;i < skillssplit.length;i++){
           //Repairing: 73.278534 73.278534 1
           var blackListed = false;
           for(var v = 0;v < blacklist.length;v++){
                if(skillssplit[i].trim().startsWith(blacklist[v])){
                    blackListed = true;
                    break;
                }    
           }
           if(!blackListed && skillssplit[i].trim().length > 0){
                var getSkills = skillssplit[i].split(":");
                var getValues = getSkills[1].split(" ");

getValues[1] = applyCalc(getValues[1]);
                getValues[2] = applyCalc(getValues[2]);

var returnValues = getValues.join(" ");
                getSkills[1] = returnValues;
                var returnSkills = getSkills.join(":");
                skillssplit[i] = returnSkills;   
           }

}
       var skillsjoined = skillssplit.join("\n");
       document.getElementById('skilldump').value = skillsjoined;
    }
    </script>       
</body>
</html>

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Proceed with caution.

As long as you don't put it on a paste bin you should be ok bud.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Redd said:

Proceed with caution.

Yeah could you imagine if people uploaded their dumps to 3rd party websites?  Jeez giving up their IPs.. man it'd be really messed up if we asked for an email and allowed people to regularly track updates.  Crazy... hey couldn't help but to notice you have a really nice account up for sale https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Red

I'm glad our website has people on the official Wurm Testing and Dev team monitoring it on the back end.  I'd be worried if people just start shouting out things as if they knew what they were talking about.  Then insulting hard working people who try to make a better game experience for everyone.  I just think if it did happen someone should apologize.

Also thank you @Darklordsfor taking time to make the script.  You're a real bro

Edited by Samusen
  • Like 8