Sign in to follow this  
Frigg

Question to Portals

Hi
I need a litle help here to figure out whats wrong in my portal settings.
I have used the regular Wurm portal. Have set data1 to the worldid on the other server.
On the other server i have builded a deed, set it as permanent hometown and in the settings changed all the spawn points to the location of the token in the town.
Restarted the whole cluster and when i use the portal it drops me on the other server as it shall do but at the corner of the map X, Y 0
have tried to build the portal first and the hometown after and nothing changes at all.
is there something here i have missed or doing wrong ?
the only thing im trying to do is to be able to teleport from my hometown at the loginserver to the hometown on my other server.

Edited by Frigg

Is there water on deed?

iirc water on deed has issues with spawning there.

No. the token is placed 50+ tiles from the ocean on both deeds. the border of the closet deed to the ocean is 20 tiles to the ocean

Not 100% sure, but you might have to set the location in the database to the spawn point. I only have 1 server map so I have never tried, just read other forum posts about it.

Can we agree on that if i open wurmlogin.db with sqlitebrowser, goes under server and updates the spawn point there on the server i want to teleport to it should work  ?

So here is what i have done.
On all 3 servers i have edited the wurmlogin.db and corrected the spawnpoints.
restartet all of them several times. (restartet the login server first, and then the last 2 in the cluster after)
Now the travel (spawnpoint) work on one server both way but not to the other. 

If you are on a server hoster, stop the service / update the database/config (for secure) / download ithe wurmlogin.db and set the points / upload /start

Eject

Edited by Eject

7 hours ago, Frigg said:

Now the travel (spawnpoint) work on one server both way but not to the other. 

The auxdata on all Portals is set to 1?

Hey Eject. 
Yes to both. Thats why im a litle lost here now.

I am not sure, but maybe your settings are overwritten by the old values, i would check again the databases (from all servers)

Eject

You may already know this but the mod creates all new portal items. The ones created by the mod use upper case capitalization of the words vs the stock game ones use all lower case letters. I know that's goofed more than one person up.

I am seeing the exact same behaviour as @Frigg

EDIT: I resolved this by checking the wurmlogin database for the login server, the spawn points for JK were 0,0. I turned all servers off, manually updated all the correct spawn points, restarted the servers and now the portals work.

Edited by solmark

4 hours ago, solmark said:

I am seeing the exact same behaviour as @Frigg

EDIT: I resolved this by checking the wurmlogin database for the login server, the spawn points for JK were 0,0. I turned all servers off, manually updated all the correct spawn points, restarted the servers and now the portals work.

Somehow nice to hear that im not the only one  :P

This is what i have done so far : 
i want to be able to port from the login server to the noth pve servers and back to the login server.
on the login server the starter deed is permanent freedom and located at 1650-2354. serverid 15952
on the second pve server the deed is permanent freedom startertown located at 3675-3808. serverid 195896.
What i have done is :
i have placed the regular wurm serverportal (not any moddet) on the starter deed at server 195869. in data1 typed 15952.
Closed the whole cluster.
in wurmlogin.db from serverid 15952 (open with sqlbrowser) under server updated the jk spawns to 3675-3808. (second pve server)
in wurmlogin.db from server id 195869 under server updatet the spawns for jk to 1650-2354 (The loginserver)
Saved both db's and started up the server again.
if i use any portals pointing to the other server it will place me at 0.0-0.0 no matter if its from the login or the pve server.

16 hours ago, LifesaverM said:

You may already know this but the mod creates all new portal items. The ones created by the mod use upper case capitalization of the words vs the stock game ones use all lower case letters. I know that's goofed more than one person up.

Mm. must say that i really not have any clue on what you are saying here  :P

can you explain it a bit better to me?

8 hours ago, Frigg said:

Somehow nice to hear that im not the only one  :P

This is what i have done so far : 
i want to be able to port from the login server to the noth pve servers and back to the login server.
on the login server the starter deed is permanent freedom and located at 1650-2354. serverid 15952
on the second pve server the deed is permanent freedom startertown located at 3675-3808. serverid 195896.
What i have done is :
i have placed the regular wurm serverportal (not any moddet) on the starter deed at server 195869. in data1 typed 15952.
Closed the whole cluster.
in wurmlogin.db from serverid 15952 (open with sqlbrowser) under server updated the jk spawns to 3675-3808. (second pve server)
in wurmlogin.db from server id 195869 under server updatet the spawns for jk to 1650-2354 (The loginserver)
Saved both db's and started up the server again.
if i use any portals pointing to the other server it will place me at 0.0-0.0 no matter if its from the login or the pve server.

All I did was open up the wurmlogin db on each server in the cluster and set the correct spawn points for jk (as the default freedom). Once I did that, it worked