Sign in to follow this  
Arduin

Converting *.wom files to any readable format

Hi all!

So I recently started my first steps in modding and its going good so far. Many thanks at this point to Ago for is awesome modloader! 

But currently I am a bit stuck since I wanted to start to mess with the models. I understand what wom files are and that the client is also able to read collada models (*.dae). 

I would like to be able to load up the existing models into a 3D modelling tool for reference in terms of measurement and style, but mostly for measurements (since there is already a handy wom viewer tool)  For example if I would want to mess with roof tiles I would totally need that with all the 14 different shapes they can exist in.

So my question is, is there somewhere a reliable converter that converts wom files to any other readable format that can be opened in a 3D modelling software? I have read in the forums that the Deed Planer software has inbuild support to decode wom files, but to be totally honest, I am currently not able to code a converter from that.

Maybe there is help out there :) if no converter exists, maybe somewhere do the old dae models from wurm still exist? That would be all I need.

Arduin

Edited by Arduin

Afternoon, any chance there is an updated link of the old collada models before their conversion? That google drive link isn't active.

At the end of the day I'm trying to see if there is a structure template model that is used or the size of the wall type / fence to create new models. For blender would I utilize 1unit = 1m so I need 4m or 4 units for a wall / fence, etc?

Edited by Mebourne