Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Drastically reduce tree spawn/spread rate on ele

I'd say tree spawn rate and spawn distance should be reduced somewhat on all servers, it's pretty time-consuming to try to keep some grasslands around, trees will take over too fast. :)

• Like 2

Jake thinks a hatchet can change code. Stop using keyboards.

• Like 1

I actually like how fast tree's repopulate empty grasslands, gives the wood cutters something to do.

If you don't like it, there is this nifty thing called sand, you might of noticed it over on chaos at hota.

I do realize though that takes effort, and its far easier to call for GM's to adjust code or wave there wands around.

Edited by JakeRivers

or maybe some people just prefer the look of a giant grass field, and the domestic animals they spawn which are lovely for weapon skills.  before you say steppe, grass spawns more kinds

• Like 3

I don't want sand, i want to have a map that doesn't get swallowed by trees if it's left for a 3 weeks :rolleyes:

And this is asking for reduced spawn/spread rate, idk why you keep mentioning hatchets and gm's - It's pretty simple. 

you try to troll all ideas of the person who made you the joke of chaos, i understand but you need to chill m8

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrGARY said:

or maybe some people just prefer the look of a giant grass field, and the domestic animals they spawn which are lovely for weapon skills.  before you say steppe, grass spawns more kinds

I wish there was a third type of grass for this reason. One that wouldn't spawn trees/bushes, but spawned grass mobs and was a lovely but still distinct shade of green.

isnt there a way to prevent trees propagation? like enclosing a place with a 3 tiles wide border?  I know Ive seen odd patches of grassland on deed ruins, where everything is overun by trees, except the parts where buildings used to be, surrounded by paving.

Wasn't it a year or so ago people were complaining that tree's didn't grow fast enough?

So you don't like sand and don't like steppe, go make it all tundra then.

What about tweaking lawn?  Keep the fact that nothing grows on it, but allow it to spawn and feed non-aggro mobs.

Of course, it sounds cruel to make people looking for prairies get on all four with scissors over such wide swaths of land, so:

678px-ReelMower-300x265.pngWheel axle, 2 small wheels, 3 scythe blades, shaft, 2 handles.

Or...  Simply add 3 additional tile types (can all look identical, be hidden to all but the server) to allow for a more interesting tree/bush spread behaviour:

• Like 1

On 10/21/2017 at 6:19 PM, JakeRivers said:

Wasn't it a year or so ago people were complaining that tree's didn't grow fast enough?

go quote the thread that complained for me pls, can't find where they complained that epic/elevation had too slow of a tree spread ^_^

On 21.10.2017 at 7:19 PM, JakeRivers said:

so you dont like epic, maybe you should stop making comments in epic related threads

+1 btw

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 1

Go plant some moss then you lazy arses.

But yeah I get it, you don't want moss, tundra, steppe or even sand, cause it all takes effort to change and maintain.

Edited by JakeRivers

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Go plant some moss then you lazy arses.

But yeah I get it, you don't want moss, tundra, steppe or even sand, cause it all takes effort to change and maintain.

No its becouse we prefer open grasslands, iow the way the server used to look like.

grasslands was nice, i like tundra and steppe and deserts, but another "land type" would be really cool. they each have their own style and perks

InPVLvp.png

Meadow

meadow.jpg

- reduced tree and bushes spawn and spread

- increased animal spawn

- any grass tile without tree or bush for longer then x days became meadow

It means that if you put effort once and maintain area for some time, cutting all trees and bushes, you can have meadow, where those will have reduced spawn rate, thus don't need to maintain it constantly.

Edited by Wilczan