Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Meals on merchants

Seriously devs.  Could we please have at least 24 hours before a meal starts to rot on a person or a merchant?

I attempt to actually do something really crazy in wurm,  it's called commerce.  Having meals that are on a merchant for less than six hours and they already have 33% damage.  Even newbies should be given a 24 hour grace period.  

This is one of the many key and core issues that really doesn't help wurm.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tallios said:

Seriously devs.  Could we please have at least 24 hours before a meal starts to rot on a person or a merchant?

I attempt to actually do something really crazy in wurm,  it's called commerce.  Having meals that are on a merchant for less than six hours and they already have 33% damage.  Even newbies should be given a 24 hour grace period.  

This is one of the many key and core issues that really doesn't help wurm.

Can't you wrap them to stop them decaying?  Been a while, but I thought that was a thing.  Or does that count as a container or something?

3 minutes ago, Wonka said:

Can't you wrap them to stop them decaying?  Been a while, but I thought that was a thing.  Or does that count as a container or something?

I could wrap them with waxed paper, and that would in theory reduce the decay by what, half?  but even then 6 rl hours and it's down by 25ish, so with paper that's like 12.5 damage.

What I'm simply asking for is a small grace period,  at the very least for the merchants, maybe not the people.   I try to actually sell/have available products for people to use.  meals are a simple one.  Even if they decay like 6 hours after 24.... fine.  But let it last a little while before turning to a pile of crap.

Edited by Tallios

Good point.  There is such a thing as food preservation.  This is one of those issues that comes up from time to time and you have to wonder why???  Like why do brass lamps decay when unlit and in a forge or on a merchant?  Makes no sense and kills the market for them.  The Decay Beast still roams Wurm. 

1 minute ago, Eyesgood said:

Good point.  There is such a thing as food preservation.  This is one of those issues that comes up from time to time and you have to wonder why???  Like why do brass lamps decay when unlit and in a forge or on a merchant?  Makes no sense and kills the market for them.  The Decay Beast still roams Wurm. 

I agree that decay is important, but at the same time.  There are a number of simple changes that would improve QoL for a lot of things.  This is just one small thing.  I mean technically on a merchant they are being stored for sale.

Could we not have an option when choosing male or female merchant to make them a ‘food+drink’ only trader with much reduced decay on what they sell perhaps? Could help with selling shots of drinks in jars too

Edited by Vaske

There could also be some limits on it to prevent using merchants for larders. Merchants could limit the number of types of dishes. Also there could be quality limits so that only higher quality meals can be preserved. Further a merchant could refuse to sell a meal to the maker of the meal.

Please, I wanna have a bakery and I cant cuz the merchant decays everything within a day or two :(

I agree. The decay rates on several things confound me. Like lanterns. But I will also add that the whole in-game economy of Wurm needs an overhaul. I personally have never understood why the traders never have enough coin to buy things off of players. The most common asked question I get from new players is how do we make coin? Because the traders never buy anything! I direct them to the trade chat and often get the same response, "Seriously?". That seems to be the point when many new players lose interest.