Sign in to follow this  
Quicktor

Openly compare Epic Characters to Freedom Characters

Since the announcement got out that a skill transfer from epic to freedom will also be happening, a lot of freedom players have posted that they fear the amount of high-stat characters coming to the freedom cluster.

In order to let them see we don't have a huge portion of 70+ body strength accounts or even 90+ crafting skill accounts i hereby suggest you take an average out of the freedom / chaos database and an average out of the epic database and show them openly.

There doesn't have to be character names involved ofc, I personally wouldn't mind, but I guess a lot of other players would mind.

I think this will show that we don't have 100 in every skill...

• Like 1

This could stop all this crap about 100skilled epic toons

I am +1 for the merge as we get more players.

But 

Things might get unbalanced as Epic stamina is less. Also early skilling upto 70 was way easy on epic compared to freedom. 

With SB you could skill way faster and curve. 

So basic freedom toons value decreases a lot. But skilling at higher level toons on epic is hard. 

Anyways whatever the devs thinks is the best for game. 

Just make sure things are fair to all players who put their time, money and years  tears in the game.

• Like 3

IM NOT LOSING BS, OTHERWISE NO POINT IN TRANSFER, I DONT WANT A PERM NERFED ACCOUNT

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bettle said:

we get more players.

Are we really getting more players? 

All that is happening is a few points being moved from one side to the other side of the scale, nothing new is being added to it.

would like but my likes are used up today. I dont think i've ever liked so many of gary's posts

+1

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Are we really getting more players? 

All that is happening is a few points being moved from one side to the other side of the scale, nothing new is being added to it.

If it's properly advertised then yeah, I could totally see a population increase

How many people through the years do you think have played on epic and at some point quit due to various reasons? Stuff like lowpop, being stuck on the wrong cluster or just due to not enjoying pvp anymore

Do you really think that none of these people would be interested in giving wurm another go?

Just in Rome we have a bunch of old people returning that are looking forward to the transfer, and i'm sure the same is happening in the other kingdoms

does the fact that I have roughly 60 accounts with no skill make a difference in this request to compare averages???

3 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

does the fact that I have roughly 60 accounts with no skill make a difference in this request to compare averages???

Averages do not say anything. What could help is direct comparisons of the whiniest toons about the matter, both in freedom and in epic, with toons of similar playtime and overall skill orientation (if possible) from the other side.

Edited by Erlindur

it is difficult to compare averages for something this but in any case you wouldnt want to include outliers in an average

i've got easily over 800hours of deed building on my toon and with the transfer im going to have around 30 stamina. Generally I will spend about 150 hours per deed because of the way we make them, a complete tunnel system all the way around with mine doors every other tile. And we also always have level surface layers of rock all the way around because even though we are on a pvp server, we still want pretty deeds ;)

please, its obvious to see this isn't a good rate for stamina transfer as we were gimped from the start, and gimped from the patch in 2016 dec, as you couldn't be retroactively given points on actions that they couldn't prove you did so they just awarded you some points based on mining and digging skill.

lets say I gained a measly .015 per hour while building deeds and that is very low per hour rate even on freedom, and lets say I gained 0 from digging mining and woodcutting all the way to 90, and lets say I'm REALLY off on the amount of hours I put into deed building.. lets say I only did 500 hours from 19.50 stamina, that puts me at 27.0 stamina from that alone. And that figure, is way the hell off lol. 

Edited by platinumteef

Doing a per skill distribution could be an interesting comparison, you'd probably have to ignore any skills under 20 or 30 as they would dilute the sample too much and make a distribution hard to read as a chart. In order to not give too much away you'd probably have to group by 0.1 intervals and release the numbers rather than just histograms so people could see for themselves how middling and high skill accounts compare for each skill, I'm fairly certain action class time isn't logged server side so any hope of looking at playtime is probably going to be full of outliers.

Edited by Webba

18 hours ago, Mclavin said:

IM NOT LOSING BS, OTHERWISE NO POINT IN TRANSFER, I DONT WANT A PERM NERFED ACCOUNT

IM NOT JOINING TO FIGHT PEOPLE WITH HUGE BS. NO POINT IN TRYING EPIC IF THERE IS CHAOS, DHEY MUSS BEH NERRRFED.

Definitely nerf the easy-mode accounts from Epic.  Im sure the devs know the exact math to what a fair skill modification would be, I just hope the transfer is done in a fair fashion to the freedom hosts who will have to house all the refugees.