Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

Just let them bring their skills... You want to be able to flood Epic with all your 90+ stats but don't want them to be able to bring their skills to freedom? *2 skill gain or not they are entitled to their skills they have spent to time and money and grinded just like all Freedomers.

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Jakeii said:

Just let them bring their skills... You want to be able to flood Epic with all your 90+ stats but don't want them to be able to bring their skills to freedom? *2 skill gain or not they are entitled to their skills they have spent to time and money and grinded just like all Freedomers.

It's not "just like".  The time Epic players spent was less to reach the same and higher skills.  The answer is simple though, just keep Epic and Freedom separate forever.

@Galatyn

You my son, i feel you just want good things for this game.

When i see what you post on repeat. Yea then i wish you where my son.

Id would then have taken you to a store, a rly dark place where they sold blacksmithing affinities.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Galatyn said:

It's not "just like".  The time Epic players spent was less to reach the same and higher skills.  The answer is simple though, just keep Epic and Freedom separate forever.

Okay keep them seperate as long as you and Wurm are kept seperate.

• Like 3

@Buddawhy are you stopping at 99? that's like 30% of the grind to 100 so you're just ignoring the vast majority of the grind

if you say 99 on freedom = 99 on epic, ofc your formula will be shifted up and won't represent anything

past 99 tick frequency is basically the same on freedom and epic, so they need half the ticks from freedom, that whole range is twice easier on epic yet they get to keep it? and you find it fair? rofl

you also say that if you follow optimal difficulty, it's 50-55% easier all the way to 100... and who's the most likely to have done that? people who know how to grind and got 99+ skills which they'll get to keep....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cerber said:

and who's the most likely to have done that? people who know how to grind and got 99+ skills which they'll get to keep....

bud, I got 100 digging on flat tar not modifying slopes for optimal difficulty because I'm lazy as hell and sat on deed at our public tar in safety digging while watching tv shows

I know how to properly grind, but I just don't care.  I'm not nerd enough to bother.  Same reason 100 farming took me 5 years, I farmed all the wrong crap because I farmed what I needed and didn't use 10k tile farms because I didn't want to start googling for the nearest bridge

I think keeping 100 skills and not losing too much at 90+ is a fair enough compensation for all the lower skills and body stats that will get wrecked.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only special dumdum on epic that had nothing better to do but get 3 100 skills.  Digging, hfc, and farming.  My sincerest apologies to the absolute and utter destruction and collateral damage that these skills will bring to freedom.  If only there was a way to get 100ql items with 91 skill already in the game..

• Like 7

Bring em, bring em all, Hell would give the devs and excuse to raise the skill cap as well as add more stuff for us to grind on.

In the end this does nothing to bring more players to the wurm servers.

Good thing that its actually faster to grind digging on Flat tar than on sloped...

6 minutes ago, whykillme said:

Good thing that its actually faster to grind digging on Flat tar than on sloped...

point completely missed, as one of those epic players with a skilled account, I do what's convenient not what's best, as with most normal people.  If convenient is best, then I'm just a lucky son of a gun

• Like 4

would have been more convenient to dig on dirt no? yet you chose to dig on tar for more higher difficulty

and not nerd enough to bother yet got 3 100 skills? so it's really that easy to get them on epic eh

but at least you won't mind losing them since there are ways to get 100ql items with 91 skill, that's good :)

5 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

point completely missed, as one of those epic players with a skilled account, I do what's convenient not what's best, as with most normal people.  If convenient is best, then I'm just a lucky son of a gun

this tbh

epic skilling is usually focused on getting stuff done, rather than focused on optimal skillgain

for example, imping villagers weapons and armor to 80/90+ so they can fight, leveling dirtwalls, mining entrance tunnels, general deed work, building longhouses

sure these things train skills but usually you are doing it with speed and necessity in mind using woa tools to get stuff done and move on to the next task. there just isnt the time to spend extra long using coc tools to get better skillgain when you have other obligations to keep your deed and kingdom safe

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Cerber said:

would have been more convenient to dig on dirt no? yet you chose to dig on tar for more higher difficulty

and not nerd enough to bother yet got 3 100 skills? so it's really that easy to get them on epic eh

but at least you won't mind losing them since there are ways to get 100ql items with 91 skill, that's good :)

hm, if you want digging skill... why would you dig dirt when you can only hold very limited quantities, and have to move or your skill will freeze?  how is that convenient??? :huh:

3 100 skills after 6 years and like 800 days playtime is easy, ok bud

images.jpg

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

this tbh

epic skilling is usually focused on getting stuff done, rather than focused on optimal skillgain

for example, imping villagers weapons and armor to 80/90+ so they can fight, leveling dirtwalls, mining entrance tunnels, general deed work, building longhouses

sure these things train skills but usually you are doing it with speed and necessity in mind using woa tools to get stuff done and move on to the next task. there just isnt the time to spend extra long using coc tools to get better skillgain when you have other obligations to keep your deed and kingdom safe

And for many people on freedom, skilling is usually focused on getting stuff done. For example, imping villager tools and enchanting those. Building houses for them, mining huge tunnels and making highways.

Sure these things train skills but usually you are doing it with speed and necessity in mind using woa tools to get stuff done and move on to the next task. Many people don't use CoC-only tools. So many people on freedom have actually played that way and are far lower in skills. Now suddently the real " grinder " on freedom feel like alot of their grind was for nothing because epic players did no effort to reach the same point. They didn't grind for it after all, they got it while basically doing other stuff.

• Like 1

If we can port over with at least 21 body control. 

Would that be Ok?

• Like 1

This is bad for epic.....

This is genocide for BL.......

Freedom will just parachute in to PvP then leave....... Wrecking havoc and trolling epic players......   Rome will be Rome......

Not many will give up skill to go to Freedom......

This is worse than a merge.......

You are making Epic a playground that Freedomers wont really care about except to jump over to be a nuisance.  

• Like 3

Its funny because we have compared things in the past and I have seen people agree that farming took the same time and I have seen WKM even agree that to get 100 HFC on freedom and epic was the same amount of meals cooked, but the discussions are conveniently forgotten as soon as they are over and the choir starts singing the same song every time it comes up again, everyone be damned because some people are more important than others and some people would rather watch others destroyed and quit than accept a fellow wurmian to continue playing the game we all love in the face of dark times.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

everyone be damned because some people are more important than others

that is exactly the issue, why are epic players more important than freedom ones? freedomers have to spend twice more time to get the same skill

make it fair to everyone (or as close as possible)

• Like 1

you missed the point yet again, young padawan...

we as epic players hung around when the cluster was dead, besides that, we also grinded our skills.

let some skills be easier and some be harder on epic, we are still PLAYERS of this game, and we dont want to be treated like second class human beings just because we chose the wrong portal a few years ago.

i dont even know why you care that much about it, the only explanation i have is that you dont want more players, dont want the community united, why is that?

• Like 4

And the grind isn't twice as long.  When was the last time you grinded anything on epic?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

we dont want to be treated like second class human beings

feel like i'm repeating myself over and over tbh.....

again, why should freedomer be less important than epic players? 

and grinding skills isn't related to pvp, so cluster dead or not doesn't change anything (except you having more time to grind i guess)

or do you think that because you played on a cluster that was supposed to have pvp, you're superior to those who enjoy pve or grinding skills? why is that?

The devs have been catering to freedomers forever now.  PvP has been a forgotten aspect.  Epic is the ones losing skill.  Epic is the one getting a one time skill transfer.  PvE and PvP servers should not be connected.  This is a bad idea.  

42 minutes ago, Cerber said:

again, why should freedomer be less important than epic players? 

wait so your skills are being nerfed alongside with your core game mechanics being drastically altered without being allowed a full and proper out?

• Like 11