Sign in to follow this  
Budda

Some Epic Things

1 minute ago, Niki said:

You sure do, why were you against my logic then, when moonmetal is everywhere? It's a problem I have against full transfers allowing moonmetal armour and tomes as it would create imbalances to PVP. Something like this to me is simple game logic which players should be picking up on, but seem to not realize oddly. 

Thanks.

can you elaborate on how the transfer of tomes would create imbalances to pvp on chaos (I know they won't be happening, and I dont care at this point) but I just want to get your understanding of the current situation on chaos

At this point, I'm still wondering why people are being rewarded for negative behavior. It gives the impression that any time someone wants a change, all they need to do is spam the forums and DDoS the servers. Not a good look, guys.

Just now, Delacroix said:

At this point, I'm still wondering why people are being rewarded for negative behavior. It gives the impression that any time someone wants a change, all they need to do is spam the forums and DDoS the servers. Not a good look, guys.

I'm really not sure where you're getting any ideas of DDoSing from. If you're referring to the host network issues they reported and addressed over the weekend, then you are mistaken in believing it was any form of malicious intent, it was the result of issues on the host end (and they would know if anything malicious was happening) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

can you elaborate on how the transfer of tomes would create imbalances to pvp on chaos (I know they won't be happening, and I dont care at this point) but I just want to get your understanding of the current situation on chaos

How is that something you don't understand though? That's a bit alarming you know.

How is it any different then entering freedom/chaos with your moonmetal on? The advantage mostly of having it maybe? I'd assume karma would be brought with as well. Not just tomes, it's like over night people have to think twice if they want to stay on chaos with the huge chance of getting raided by a zerg of epic players. While some might like that sure, It's no different those coming from freedom, but they have no items so it's no fair.

While they keep saying it's not going to happen, I have my doubts, sorry.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nocturnes said:

Thank you buddha!, Shouldnt Fighting skill and faith be 1:1 aswell if meditation is? I belive those skills werent affected by the epic curve?

Correct afaik and i dont think anyone will mind anyway.

Characteristics 1:1 seems a big bonus for Epic seems it was in fact way faster than just 1x on freedom.. and the nerf is already a huge favor towards Epic, seems a bit lame imo.

I'm all fine with USED tomes going over on the initial cutover when the skills are merged, but no longer after that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Budda said:

We've taken the last day or so to collect feedback and tweak the formula calculation. The new calculation scales properly up to 99.99999615 (100) and also has a slightly higher skill result from the initial reduction. The first number (0.004456) is changed to 0.004135, and has been updated in the OP and the calculator linked from the OP.

Due to the way the curve negatively impacted optimal characteristics gains and hindered meditation these will be copying over to freedom at a 1:1 ratio. We'll also be looking at meditation cooldowns as a whole for both freedom and epic, and see if there's something we can do across both.

I'd like to thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback, and I know many of you are either personally impacted by these changes first hand, or feel that these changes may impact you in other ways, and your feedback has been important in making sure we address this as best as possible. It's not an ideal situation, with the curve and other factors throwing a little RNG into the works, but we hope that both Freedomers and Epic players can agree that this is the best solution for both sides.

Budda,

Can you explain if you will be changing the mechanics of lockpicking?

This is somewhat of a time based skill with no "real" grind. I understand it is grindable but again its still time based. With the concept of "closing the gap"... For new players this will be extremely hard for them to achieve with players already having 90 lockpicking?

I'm not a fan of making things easier, nor am I a fan of taking away players achievements. However, this is one skill which will be painful for any new player!

I'm not asking for it to be changed just if you had any plans in the future for lockpicking?

4 hours ago, Budda said:

Due to the way the curve negatively impacted optimal characteristics gains and hindered meditation these will be copying over to freedom at a 1:1 ratio. We'll also be looking at meditation cooldowns as a whole for both freedom and epic, and see if there's something we can do across both.

Great news! Really excited!

• Like 5

How will various titles work with the transfer?

Premium titles already don't cross clusters, nor does the "Educated" title (to my knowledge, I don't actually have that one). Will skill titles come with us? What about unique kill ones like "Fearless", "Dragonslayer" etc?

The suffix meditation titles?

The prefix tome titles? I understand the worries of the tome powers, but do the titles from them really hurt?

As a relative newcomer, I think it should be pointed out that these changes, while they may be great for developed accounts, may well kill any new player population on Epic. Why go to Epic and grind only for Epic, when you can go to Freedom and grind for both?

Is that good for the game? Should Epic only be about top accounts slugging it out on weekends? I don't know, maybe it should be, but I would be sorry to have to tell new players on Epic that their best long-term move is probably to go to Freedom. :(

As much as I hate to admit it, I feel like it would be better if Epic's skilling system were the same as Freedom's, allowing easy skill transfers both ways. Either that, or skilling up to 90 should be so fast on Epic that if a new player decides to switch over to Freedom for an easier grind to 100, they don't feel like they wasted their time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whykillme said:

Correct afaik and i dont think anyone will mind anyway.

Characteristics 1:1 seems a big bonus for Epic seems it was in fact way faster than just 1x on freedom.. and the nerf is already a huge favor towards Epic, seems a bit lame imo.

I'm all fine with USED tomes going over on the initial cutover when the skills are merged, but no longer after that.

Well I am just asking cause I dont see why faith shouldnt be brought over? for any of the transfers if its freedom to epic or epic to freedom faith has been gained with the 5 ticks per day that is exactly the same on both server where SB or no skill bonuses can affect that gain.

Just weird it wouldnt follow you unless its something really difficult to do compared to transfering the other skills (for some unknown reason).

Generous it is indeed, but same goes for FS really it cant be influenced by any "exp bonus" on any server and is farmed the same way on both servers.

Exceptions

The following is an incomplete list of skills and abilities that do not follow the curve on the Epic servers:

Edited by Nocturnes
  • Like 2

excited to read about a possible epic revival, hope i can get enough free time for playing there.  There has been some talk about oakshell, is it considered OP these days?  been out of the loop not sure what possible changes are being considered as reasonable

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hankrearden said:

excited to read about a possible epic revival, hope i can get enough free time for playing there.  There has been some talk about oakshell, is it considered OP these days?  been out of the loop not sure what possible changes are being considered as reasonable

oakshell is 100% required to do anything, if you aren't a priest with oakshell you can't even solo roam unless you run into a complete noob

you've got 10k bt longbows that people have now, that one shot horses and two shot 90ql bardings, but deal about 10 damage to oakshelled hh

aside from that, oakshell has always been really op, there are no downsides to it other than not knowing the timer of the cast

Edited by platinumteef

I ask GM and Developers, Why you destroy Wurm? What happen when high skill Epick players come to Freedom? Cast 99 CoC for 40c? Plate sets for 20c? Maybe monnmetal for 40c/0.5kg? Thik yuor brain when you try do this bull ######. All new players from Chaos back to freedom becouse they cant stay there, 50-100 gor from Wurm becouse they dont want pay premium for game similiar WU. Think, think, think.

With stats and meditating skill out of the way, as others asked, what about at least fs?  Though faith would be really nice to have for people that want to cross either way.  People trying out epic need priests for enchants, and vice versa.  And again as far as I can tell and am aware, neither fs or faith has 2x gains.  Not that faith gains really matter when freedom has the population to hold multiple sermon parties that make the total pop of epic look like an even greater joke, plus they had prayer resets forever, epic didn't for most.

I'm guessing by now we're stuck with only the higher freedom skills transferring and higher nerfed skills transfering, and no compensation for dual cluster grinding at all?  I got 80 med on epic first then 80 med on freedom, that's probably worth more than 90 med total.  Just one example but like many other people I grinded the same account on both sides knowing there would never be a merge.  Dunno if theres a way to use this formula to combine the perceived total effort, and if the new total skill is lower than the epic skill being transferred then can use the x3 gain but not if its higher.  Same for vice versa if someone had a good epic account and grinded on freedom and wants to combine their effort

I find this other question of mine very important still:  "Will the new timers take into mind bashing/siege machines?  So we don't get halved timers on bashing, cata, etc.  Challenge mode raiding was literally done by large mauls with faster bash timers, it was hilarious and won't be so funny on a persistent live server."

I think it would be a nice gesture to lock in the 100 skills, even if a 99.99 would get nerfed or something.  Count how many total 100 there are on epic, is it really going to make a massive impact?  They are certainly extremely far from easy to obtain on epic

• Like 4

the rest of what i said was how easy it was to get moonmetal even on freedom.... 7 rifts you can have full suits fully imped up if that is what you want to focus on... not to mention you have countless amounts of dragon and drake scale just watch the pvp videos of everyone running around in scale in pvp... while not as defensive as moonmetal... it is highly mobile which definitely makes up for it. there won't be tons of moon metal to flood your freedom markets... in fact there will be more pvpers that will NEED those resources increasing their demand... but not changing the supply... this would increase the price not lower it... 

What i would like to suggest is like Rocca is saying... if we could somehow change the skilling system to match freedom from this point on... so no matter where you play... your skills follow you... play on both... grind on both.... the ITEMS would be kept separate.... for epic... is there  a way that we can lower required stats needed for things? or say when i imp something... give me the same timers and skill gains that freedom would get... BUT imp like 5-10x more at a time... meaning the creation of items would be much faster and less grindy... then you could enjoy more pvp and less downtime for replacing gear. less people saying i can't come i don't have armor/weapon/etc... with action timers being the SAME you wouldn't change a lot of things like siege and building houses or even building dirt walls... but you could vastly decrease the time it takes to replace gear and that would be more pvp friendly... and if we are getting same gains then we could transfer back and forth to freedom anytime... id much much prefer something along these lines rather than an increased skill gain in general. Anyone can help in pvp skills low or not but giving them the ability to ride the mounts and replace their items would get rid of a lot of fear people have with losing their gear and those items would still be on epic not on freedom. when they come back to freedom they can still go to chaos where nothing has changed... all the same mechanics on freedom/chaos would be exactly the same... just more people with skills to contend with. eh. just my suggestion on the future of skills for new and old people alike. 

• Like 1

1.Why not to do 1:1 transfer ( I am not an epic player, just to let you know) - we all pay 8e a month and we play not to sell the accounts, but enjoy the game, so even if the game grind might be easier on epic, are we actually that bothered to see someone instead of 90 skill bringing 87 or 88 after the applied nerf?

2. Why not to let people take 1 inventory full of goodies (wasn't that kinda thing done when chaos was connected to freedom)?

More people means more fun - trading, pvping, talking, shouting, arguing - in any aspect. 

Thank you. 

• Like 5

People are getting "Get out of jail free" card, why should we be jealous of people from our own little community?! Is epic silver =/= freedom silver? Is Garry's $ different from mine cause he is on Epic?

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

1.Why not to do 1:1 transfer ( I am not an epic player, just to let you know) - we all pay 8e a month and we play not to sell the accounts, but enjoy the game, so even if the game grind might be easier on epic, are we actually that bothered to see someone instead of 90 skill bringing 87 or 88 after the applied nerf?

2. Why not to let people take 1 inventory full of goodies (wasn't that kinda thing done when chaos was connected to freedom)?

More people means more fun - trading, pvping, talking, shouting, arguing - in any aspect. 

Thank you. 

Sorry, but so many crafter account be from Epic on Freedom so you dont sell enything, and dont be more people. What PvP? Pnly MR, JK and ROme ahbe good plyers, when they come to Chaos they kill others kingdoms on one shoot

I feel for people who will lose lockpicking/locksmithing/coal making, etc skills. They are hard enough to grind on 10x server, and now you will be taken away your months of work...

Edited by bangzuvelis
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

Thank you. 

Such a nice freedomer, warms my cold shriveled epic heart <3

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, bangzuvelis said:

Thank you. 

Kill all dragons from Epic with your group and take all scale and hide to pve ;D and win some hota for glimmer and ada ;D good money for you :)